• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Getawaytoday did a live video on FB today and seemed to think that multiple day passes will be helped out with their reservations. But they didn't know anything for sure. I'll be sad if AP's really can only do one day at a time, because for those of us that are out-of-state, it's kind of a long way to come for one day. I'm hoping they'll offer us at least two days, if we book one park per day or something. It will definitely be interesting to find out what they're going to do. I hope we all know soon, so people can make their plans!

I don't think you will see anything alarming. Our stats have been holding steady for several weeks now, and in reality, people started going out and about over a month ago.

I help review our in-house cases and, for the most part, we've held steady. The commonality is that many are from family gatherings.

We're 2 weeks + 3 days past Memorial Day, and everyone was just out and about. If we can get through the next week without a significant surge in hospitalizations, I think we're good.

My last milepost will be 2-3 weeks after the bulk of the George Floyd protests. It's very much touch-and-go with my July and August reservations. Of course, if I can't get a park reservation, that decision will have been made for me.

What about the others? I'm supposed to go to Disneyland in August for three days, but we're waiting to see what all the modifications will entail. I know I'll have to book park reservations in advance, but will I be allowed to purchase tickets for three days within a five day period? I know Disney hasn't released that info yet, but I thought if someone knows what they're doing at Shanghai DL, it should give us an idea what to expect at DL CA. I have reservations at Park Place Inn across the street. At this point, I'm 95% sure we'll be cancelling. And two weeks from today, I was supposed to be walking down Main Street at Tokyo Disneyland, but that's another thread. Just a little bummed about cancelling another Disney trip, while my kids are taking it exceptionally well.

I feel your pain, we would have been in Tokyo today and going to TDL/TDS sometime next week. Check out this recent thread/trip report for some mixed emotions (and photos).

I'm planning trips under the assumption that it will be 1 day allowed per 7 days like Shanghai, so I'm sort of double booking hotels. Once under that scenario (booking 2 nights) and one under a better scenario (booking 3 nights). I also have 3 nights in a long-standing PPH reservation in August that will need to be evaluated as well.

How far are you traveling from? If you needed to fill days to make travel worth it, you might consider spending at day at USH and then a day at DLR. I think the conservative move is to assume 1 day, unfortunately.

ETA: the other unknown is if they are going to treat DL and DCA as separate parks. it's also possible that you're allowed 1 park every 7 days, which conceivably means DL day 1, DCA day 2. I'm less bullish on this position, but this is why I'm booking multiple hotels to account for this possibility.​

From a WDW update...

“We understand how much excitement, thought and time goes into planning your Disney visits and realize some new changes may be disappointing. For example, during this unprecedented time, an annual pass will not guarantee park entry and Annual Passholders will be required to make an advance reservation to enter a park.

Please note that:

During the limited capacity period, it may be difficult for Annual Passholders to get park reservations to visit on certain dates. To help manage capacity, total reservation days held at one time will be limited. More details will be shared in the coming weeks.
Some pass benefits and features will not be available during periods of limited capacity. Also, park experiences and offerings will be modified and subject to limited availability or even closure.
Annual passes are subject to blockout dates. Guests should ensure their pass type is valid for park entry prior to making a park reservation.“

Specifically “ To help manage capacity, total reservation days held at one time will be limited. ” is probably what is driving this concern... no official comment on how many days held at once yet...

Yeah, we'd cancel our trip is this is the reality. Is this speculation somewhere?

Book an on property hotel. There is no reason not to with the flexible cancellation and refund policy Disney has. It’s not confirmed yet, but that is likely the single strongest speculation to guaranteed park access... Disney would have massive negative press to gladly accept multi day reservations at their hotels and then restrict access to the parks...

Book an on property hotel. There is no reason not to with the flexible cancellation and refund policy Disney has. It’s not confirmed yet, but that is likely the single strongest speculation to guaranteed park access... Disney would have massive negative press to gladly accept multi day reservations at their hotels and then restrict access to the parks...
We’re already booked on property. Had to change from DLH to GCH today. Not that I’m complaining about that at all. But yeah that would be really rough if we were to fly down for one day. We’d have no choice but to postpone.

I don’t think we will see the same reservation system as Shanghai personally. From what I can tell they are only offering single and half day tickets (and also APs) and from everything I could find before Covid - they only offered 1 and 2 day tickets. They don’t seem to have had the same multi day tickets like the US Disney parks have and if Disneyland and WDW are already planning to give existing ticket holders priority along with APs then I trust they will have some sort of system in place to allow those with multi day tickets already purchased to reserve within a travel window if coming from out of state/out of area.

I very well could be wrong, but I wouldn’t necessarily count on things to mimic Shanghai identically - it’s a different park system here.

I very well could be wrong, but I wouldn’t necessarily count on things to mimic Shanghai identically - it’s a different park system here.

True, but it is the closest analog to DLR with published procedures that we've got. DLR and SDL have more in common than WDW - for example, I still think park hopping will be good to go at DLR (not at WDW) while on-park hotel guests will get some sort of priority.

I have to say, the possibility of no multi-day visits is the biggest source of consternation IMO, so I hope DLR policies are released soon. So much of our park-flow is predicated on spreading a visit out over two relaxing days, having to compress back into one big day is going to be a challenge -- hearkens back to the pre-AP days when you had to go-go-go to get your money's worth on a single-day ticket.

I feel your pain, we would have been in Tokyo today and going to TDL/TDS sometime next week. Check out this recent thread/trip report for some mixed emotions (and photos).

I'm planning trips under the assumption that it will be 1 day allowed per 7 days like Shanghai, so I'm sort of double booking hotels. Once under that scenario (booking 2 nights) and one under a better scenario (booking 3 nights). I also have 3 nights in a long-standing PPH reservation in August that will need to be evaluated as well.

How far are you traveling from?

I'm traveling from Reno, NV. It's an 8 hour drive to Anaheim. My DH wants to wait until next year to go. There's so many other factors involved that I don't think I can justify the cost to go. We always like to go to Magic Mountain and Universal Studios before Disneyland. That's out of the question. And if like other hotels, I won't be guaranteed use of the pool. (,Park Place Inn) And I'm one that likes to do afternoon pool breaks. There's a tiny part of me holding onto hope that it will work out, I just don't think it will. But I hope it does for you, and I wish you luck. Stay safe.
FYI, I don't know how my font changed, but I didn't mean to,lol.

I help review our in-house cases and, for the most part, we've held steady. The commonality is that many are from family gatherings.

We're 2 weeks + 3 days past Memorial Day, and everyone was just out and about. If we can get through the next week without a significant surge in hospitalizations, I think we're good.

My last milepost will be 2-3 weeks after the bulk of the George Floyd protests. It's very much touch-and-go with my July and August reservations. Of course, if I can't get a park reservation, that decision will have been made for me.

Would appreciate if all the local folks keep us updated on your cases/etc. That will be a big factor in if we can realistically come or not. My county has been on a heavy decline for awhile thank goodness (masks mandatory in all places and everyone complies) so I kinda overlook what’s going on outside my safe bubble haha.

Would appreciate if all the local folks keep us updated on your cases/etc. That will be a big factor in if we can realistically come or not. My county has been on a heavy decline for awhile thank goodness (masks mandatory in all places and everyone complies) so I kinda overlook what’s going on outside my safe bubble haha.

Will do! Lucky for you, most of the data is publicly accessible on a slight delay. The only thing "extra" I can probably provide is a pulse of how a few hospitals are doing (where my friends work) at this moment. But those numbers are eventually reported out.

I'm traveling from Reno, NV. It's an 8 hour drive to Anaheim. My DH wants to wait until next year to go. There's so many other factors involved that I don't think I can justify the cost to go. We always like to go to Magic Mountain and Universal Studios before Disneyland. That's out of the question. And if like other hotels, I won't be guaranteed use of the pool. (,Park Place Inn) And I'm one that likes to do afternoon pool breaks. There's a tiny part of me holding onto hope that it will work out, I just don't think it will. But I hope it does for you, and I wish you luck. Stay safe.
FYI, I don't know how my font changed, but I didn't mean to,lol.

Yikes, Reno is a hike. Is booking a Southwest airlines flight and cancelling/retaining the credit in the cards for you? And how come USH/MM are out of the question? If anything, now would be a good time to pair up the theme parks if you are, in fact, limited to a single day at DL.

My general advice to folks > 500 miles away has been to hold off the committing of any serious amounts of money to DLR trips until 2021. Hotels are easy to cancel/get refunded, but it's airlines that have historically been problematic in terms of rebooking, even with current COVID-19 policies. Plus, traveling that far means multiple days in the park is usually a requirement, and we don't know the policies yet... and it's not looking great for multiple days. I like to be surprised, though.

Well I would assume if you have a on site reservation you might be guaranteed entry to one of the parks at least for some of days.
Please remember that nowhere yet has DLR said anything about giving guaranteed park entry to on site guests. WDW has said that on site guests won't have guaranteed entry, but will have priority.

Luckily, online petitions never work:smooth:
Sometimes they do! When Michael Colglazier wanted to get rid of swing dancing at DLR, an online petition was started which was surprisingly successful!

Please remember that nowhere yet has DLR said anything about giving guaranteed park entry to on site guests. WDW has said that on site guests won't have guaranteed entry, but will have priority.

Was this recent? I remember scouring the WDW site for word of an on-site priority provision and came up with nothing, just that there was no guarantee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter