Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

My March DLAP payments were just refunded today. Actually, one on 5/30, and two today still pending.
People are reporting this on IG, too. For any APs out there who still need to call about this, now would be a good time.
Remember: if your AP is fully paid and you don't want the partial refund, just the extension, you don't have to call. If you want the partial refund, call now.
If you are on the monthly payment plan and want the partial refund, no extension, you don't have to call. If you want the extension, no partial refund, call now.

I think the going to phase three (and potentially opening amusement parks) has more to do with the medical capacity and less to do with new case numbers. That coupled with a further understanding of the actual mortality rate being .4% (.05% below 50)

Remember, the goal in all of this is to flatten the curve so we don’t overrun hospital capacity. As it stands that’s far from being a concern. (Obviously that can change, but they can course correct as needed if that happens)

Remember, the goal in all of this is to flatten the curve so we don’t overrun hospital capacity. As it stands that’s far from being a concern. (Obviously that can change, but they can course correct as needed if that happens)

My gut says, short of bodies piling up in temporary storage, we won't be going back to SIP/closures. I think there is enough unrest from that (not to mention current events involving police brutality protests) that we won't go back. I think we've hit the maximum amount of time people in general will tolerate strict SIP.

My gut says, short of bodies piling up in temporary storage, we won't be going back to SIP/closures. . . I think we've hit the maximum amount of time people in general will tolerate strict SIP.
Technically we are still in SIP. I do agree with not being able to go backwards, which is why we need to pause more openings. Let things settle with where we are for a bit.

Technically we are still in SIP. I do agree with not being able to go backwards, which is why we need to pause more openings. Let things settle with where we are for a bit.

That's true, we're still in stage 2/quasi-entering 3... I think I'm basing my observation that pretty much everyone has given up on the idea of SIP around me. Everyone is pretty much operating as normal to the extent that certain businesses are open. It is what it is =\

[...] coupled with a further understanding of the actual mortality rate being .4% (.05% below 50)
Where do you find those numbers? The source I use, which is maintained by the CA Dept. of Public Health—see link below—shows 10 times the death rate that you found for all age groups (4% instead of .4%) and 6 times the mortality cited in your post for those under 50 years of age (0.3% instead of 0.05%). Those numbers are for all of California. A huge chunk of those state wide case numbers come from LA County. Orange County by itself currently (6/2/20) has a mortality rate of 2.2% (147 deaths out of 6640 positive tests).

I don’t mean to argue with you—I’m just curious about your numbers’ origin. Are they trying to estimate by including not just test confirmed cases but also estimates about how many were infected but never tested? Can you cite your source? I’m a big statistics nerd and would love to have a look at it to see why its numbers are so dramatically different from mine.

https://public.tableau.com/views/CO...ic?:embed=y&:display_count=no&:showVizHome=no

Where do you find those numbers? The source I use, which is maintained by the CA Dept. of Public Health—see link below—shows 10 times the death rate that you found for all age groups (4% instead of .4%) and 6 times the mortality cited in your post for those under 50 years of age (0.3% instead of 0.05%). Those numbers are for all of California. A huge chunk of those state wide case numbers come from LA County. Orange County by itself currently (6/2/20) has a mortality rate of 2.2% (147 deaths out of 6640 positive tests).

I don’t mean to argue with you—I’m just curious about your numbers’ origin. Are they trying to estimate by including not just test confirmed cases but also estimates about how many were infected but never tested? Can you cite your source? I’m a big statistics nerd and would love to have a look at it to see why its numbers are so dramatically different from mine.

https://public.tableau.com/views/CO...ic?:embed=y&:display_count=no&:showVizHome=no
I’ll try to find it, but it was a projection based off of asymptomatic statistics as well as positive testing. I think CDC?
The methods the source you are citing has a bias towards a higher Mortality because it is based off of people who have symptoms severe enough to warrant testing. Basically the denominator in that method of tracking is skewed lower which makes the death rate seem higher. I’ll try to track down where I read it and edit it in here.

I had to visit my doctor yesterday for an urgent issue. She quoted the 0.4% fatality rate as well, and said it was definitely good news. My son also had an endocrinologist visit last Friday and that doctor said the same thing.

Seems to be the consensus, because I've also seen it referenced in a few articles.

I had to visit my doctor yesterday for an urgent issue. She quoted the 0.4% fatality rate as well, and said it was definitely good news. My son also had an endocrinologist visit last Friday and that doctor said the same thing.

Seems to be the consensus, because I've also seen it referenced in a few articles.
Glad to know I’m not off my rocker!

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...ts-urest-areas-where-guests-can-remove-masks/
A look at the areas where you can get mask breaks at Universal. Is it just me or does that look like a depressing place to put it? 😂 Dark indoor building full of germs flying around is what I see lol!

This is even more reason to justify me staying on-site, I’d rather just be able to easily walk back to the hotel room to take a mask break than use these.

Is it just me or does that look like a depressing place to put it?
That photo is of the Sinbad covered / open-air amphitheater. All the other locations are outside paths with benches. UO has a lot of wide open spaces.

I wonder where DL will have rest areas - Hungry Bear and maybe the amphitheater in Fantasyland?

That photo is of the Sinbad covered / open-air amphitheater. All the other locations are outside paths with benches. UO has a lot of wide open spaces.

I wonder where DL will have rest areas - Hungry Bear and maybe the amphitheater in Fantasyland?
The area behind Grizzly river run where it is shaded and cool. I think the old smoking area was back there? That would be a nice place to cool off without your mask.

I personally go a little bit more off my rocker every day that passes where I don’t hear Disneyland news. :hyper:

I know right! Almost every park in the world has had some news on reopening. Just yesterday Universal and Six Flags had news about possibly being reopen on July 1st. Where’s our park?

The area behind Grizzly river run where it is shaded and cool. I think the old smoking area was back there? That would be a nice place to cool off without your mask.
That’s a really nice area. Might be my favorite in DCA. Nice and peaceful with great scenery. I’ve often thought to myself that the whole Grizzly Peak area is under utilized. Then again if they added another ride or something it wouldn’t seem so peaceful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter