Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Just some info on Universal previews
M&G they have a specific marker where you can stand and get a pic. The TM will give a person 1 warning if they get close, if the guest gets close again the character has to be taken off stage
The character attendant cannot take a picture for you
TM were stopping guests that were walking and drinking and asked them to step to the side, finish drinking and put their mask back on

I’ve been lurking on the Universal boards today to see how things are going with the first opening stages. Thought I’d post this here since it might give us insight into some questions we had here.

I’m not sure how the whole ‘having people pull aside to eat/drink’ while walking will work at Disney? But I imagine with less capacity all the things like this will be easier to manage. Don’t see how it’d work in the long term.

I'm personally going to be delighted and weirded out when I see/hear something like "please obtain a boarding group for Peter Pan."

I also feel like single rider on Radiator Springs and Smuggler's Run will have to be axed, even with masks.

I also feel like single rider on Radiator Springs and Smuggler's Run will have to be axed, even with masks.

Agree, from the looks of what Universal doing there isn’t any single rider lines. I read somewhere (who know where at this point it all blurs together lol) that partially has to do with wanting to keep groups together and plus there’s no need for it if they’re spacing out spots in rides anyways.

Agree, from the looks of what Universal doing there isn’t any single rider lines. I read somewhere (who know where at this point it all blurs together lol) that partially has to do with wanting to keep groups together and plus there’s no need for it if they’re spacing out spots in rides anyways.

i just wonder if Smuggler’s Run will work with groups of 2-4, and they’ll just autopilot the remaining seats to the success scenario since that ride is somewhat dependent on every rider hitting their mark.

ya know, if that thing were set up like the real Millennium Falcon, we wouldn’t have this problem 😆

Just received five dining cancellation emails from DLR for June 22-26th

I'm not surprised they are cancelled. I'm surprised they are cancelled so far in advance. I thought they were still cancelling hotels weekly?

Is anyone receiving hotel cancellations that far out?

My 7/1 Napa Rose dining reservation is still showing up, but I have zero hope that it will not get cancelled.

I had to visit my doctor yesterday for an urgent issue. She quoted the 0.4% fatality rate as well, and said it was definitely good news.

That would be amazing news, considering early estimates.

Sad to note that it would still mean 1.3 million deaths in the US if everyone caught it and we had no vaccine or improved treatments. 😟

Yes! Despite my grumbling at the negativity they can project at times, they tend to be pretty spot on with rumors. Fingers crossed!

Yeah that is David Koenig writing and the reports of unfurloughing of employees is informative.

Also, I appreciated some of the reported details as to the status of the park. Apparently, per the article, there's a fine layer of dust in a lot of the kitchens/etc... and all the flowers were torn out. Also, HM refurb was not done (needs to restart) and ride vehicles were not cycled (just electric was checked). Ride cycling to resume soon.

I think it's really starting to happen! Someone send a drone out, I volunteer @WonkaKid to go do some investigating, hahah.

That would be amazing news, considering early estimates.

Sad to note that it would still mean 1.3 million deaths in the US if everyone caught it and we had no vaccine or improved treatments. 😟

It seems they have settled on a 0.26% fatality rate overall, because the fatality rate in people under 50 is significantly less at only 0.05%.

So, if EVERYONE contracted the virus, which would never happen, we are looking at potentially 780,000 deaths. More likely scenario is that 60-70% of Americans contract the virus (and that is without a vaccine by the way), so 468,000-546,000 total deaths.

*ETA, this is the CDCs current "best estimate" using mathematical modeling. It matches numbers put out by Stanford researchers in April.*

Last edited:
Off to read. Our trip is slated for July 21!
Our trip is supposed to be July 21 - 26! I made the comment to my husband last week that it would make sense for them to try and open on the 65th anniversary :) Hopefully we hear an announcement one way or another soon so my tears can start and be done. Happy tears or sad tears...not sure which they will be, but I want to know soon. We are supposed to be there for my husband's 40th birthday and would love to have some Disney magic (even scaled back, mask-wearing Disney magic) going on for that day.

i Think I am on overload and desperate at this point! Hoping someone might be able to help!
i have 2 trips planned In October and December. I am a flex A.P. holder, and have both trips planned for off site accommodations and plane tickets purchased.My bff is planning on purchasing her AP in October on our trip. Our plans are not schedule through Disneyland Travel Company.
Hoping everything is open by then, I am now so concerned that I won’t be able to get a reservation for my flex pass and she won’t be able to purchase a ticket due to crowd limits. Am I crazy to be this worried, or is it a valid concern? Are we more vulnerable because our arrangements are not booked thru Disneyland travel company??

i Think I am on overload and desperate at this point! Hoping someone might be able to help!
i have 2 trips planned In October and December. I am a flex A.P. holder, and have both trips planned for off site accommodations and plane tickets purchased.My bff is planning on purchasing her AP in October on our trip. Our plans are not schedule through Disneyland Travel Company.
Hoping everything is open by then, I am now so concerned that I won’t be able to get a reservation for my flex pass and she won’t be able to purchase a ticket due to crowd limits. Am I crazy to be this worried, or is it a valid concern? Are we more vulnerable because our arrangements are not booked thru Disneyland travel company??
I don't think anyone knows that yet since they haven't made any announcements about how admission will work.

And no one really knows when the parks will even open. Disney might want to open the parks for the 65th but that doesn’t mean California will let them.

I'm going to guess that if Disney wants to open they will be allowed to open. Just a guess based on economics and since apparently Cali is closed to Phase 3 (admittedly I don't follow it that close in comparison to WDW) I think that could be a good timeframe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter