• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Not sure how good of a source mice chat is but they are speculating an opening date of July 17th.
Id say they are as good of a source as any fan run website. Based on current reopening, I’d say there is a slightly more than 50% chance the parks are open in mid-July. Many of the phase 3 entertainment venues are set to be allowed to reopen on Friday. If everything goes okay with those, I see an announcement of the rest of Phase 3 at the end of June for an Independence Day weekend (allowed) re- opening. I could see some CM soft opening the following week and possibly AP soft openings. With the parks officially opening Friday July 17th.

I think DL will stay clear of Independence Day weekend. WDW is cancelling their fireworks and why have the added expense. I think they will soft open for AP and CM 7/13-7/16 and open for the public via reservation 7/17.

So looking to book late November, I really want to get it done before the possibility of booking being shut down. Do you guys recommend booking through Disneyland? or do you think something like Wanna Get Away will be ok?

Also just to prevent any possible chance of cancellation should we go ahead and pay the trip in full if we book through Disneyland? or as long as we have a deposit do you think we will be ok?

I know these are guesses from everyone, but any confirmation that you are thinking like me is appreciated!

So looking to book late November, I really want to get it done before the possibility of booking being shut down. Do you guys recommend booking through Disneyland? or do you think something like Wanna Get Away will be ok?

Also just to prevent any possible chance of cancellation should we go ahead and pay the trip in full if we book through Disneyland? or as long as we have a deposit do you think we will be ok?

I know these are guesses from everyone, but any confirmation that you are thinking like me is appreciated!
Getaway today is a reliable travel agent. They have insurance you can pay just in case it gets cancellrd you are 100% covered*. I booked my room at DL with only the deposit. I dont know what to recommend paying in full vs. Only making a deposit. I don't usually pay in full but I'm a CA resident and don't worry so much about cancelling. I would look at rules if you do cancel and how you would be effected. I had my reservation for May and they were going to cancel but let me reschedule for May but I had a package.

Last edited:
I think if Get Away Today would make paying in full a requirement to lock in a reservation we’d know right when all the news breaks. I hope not because being able to pay in payments is what makes vacation packages with agents (and Disney too) so appealing.

I think if Get Away Today would make paying in full a requirement to lock in a reservation we’d know right when all the news breaks. I hope not because being able to pay in payments is what makes vacation packages with agents (and Disney too) so appealing.
I agree most hotels let you secure a booking with a credit card and let you cancel up to a certain amount of days without penalty.

I've decided to just hang onto the 4 3-day PHs (with MP!) that I bought through GAT some time ago. I have added all 4 to my app (so that makes 5 tickets total including my AP) to give me the best shot of my family (or even just my son) staying "with" my AP if that's the way they do tickets.

Can't pull the trigger on a DLH reservation though. I would never, ever spend that much money on a hotel! :faint:

... Can't pull the trigger on a DLH reservation though. I would never, ever spend that much money on a hotel! :faint:
Keep an eye on the on site hotels -- right now there is a lot of consternation going on in the Closure Superthread because it appears that the Disneyland books are closed for new reservations on site made directly through Disney. No one is sure yet whether this is a glitch (possible, right?) or if the books are closed because of imminent reopening. Stay tuned...

The site is sluggish but I’m able to get to final checkout for an on site hotel 7/17-7/19

The site is sluggish but I’m able to get to final checkout for an on site hotel 7/17-7/19
Thank you for posting this. I'm going to repost it in the Closure Superthread. Someone else said that they also were able to get all the way to checkout, but when they tried to check out, everything disappeared.

You mean you didn't want to take the hit for the team??? Oh well, someone else will have to volunteer...

hahah, okay I put in my CC with a wrong expiration date and it came back with an expiration date error. That’s all you get!

this is different from earlier where all dates in the room selection process read “not available for this date” across all room types.

But holy heck the site is sllooowwwww, almost as bad as DVC. Bet it was a big server move/back end upgrade to handle whatever special parameters might be coming down the pipe.

hopefully news/announcement soon

Disneyland Hotel booking is back! Let this scare be the thing to drive ANYONE that is debating a stay to book now, today, do it. I just booked mine for October.

lol third party never went down, I still had options on hotels.com

I secretly hope this was a big server update to prepare for big news/changes this week!

lol third party never went down, I still had options on hotels.com

I secretly hope this was a big server update to prepare for big news/changes this week!

Oddly enough the two “Disney themed” 3rd parties (GetAwayToday and Undercover Tourist) did go to unavailable for everything, I wonder if they connect into the reservation system more somehow...

I did notice a little message when checking out for the Disneyland hotel warning that park experiences might be different (basically the same note that Disney posted June 1st on their page saying certain attractions may be changed or not running) AND that attendance was not guaranteed... not sure that existed before on the reservation page or not...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter