• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I am confused -- I thought counties couldn't move into Phase 3 until the rate of new cases/deaths were flat or falling, and I didn't think any Southern California counties were there yet (or likely to be there by June 12).

I want Disneyland to reopen as much as the next person, but I'm not sure it can be done safely until the virus is on the downswing, and I'm still very concerned about the situation in most of Southern California.

Requirements to move forward in the "Resilience Roadmap" from https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap-counties/#track-data :
As of today, I think Orange County is meeting those requirements: 1.1% for COVID hospitalization and 4.7% for testing positive. More detail can be found at: https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap-counties/#track-data I could be reading the data wrong?

As of today, I think Orange County is meeting those requirements: 1.1% for COVID hospitalization and 4.7% for testing positive. More detail can be found at: https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap-counties/#track-data I could be reading the data wrong?
Yes, I think you are reading it right -- I was looking more at the 25 per 100K number, but it is true that the 4.7% positive test number does allow Orange County to meet both those criteria. 2000+ new cases and 40+ new deaths in the past two weeks (and the fact that the case counts per day are still trending upward) still doesn't seem great, but I guess it is allowed.

(Technically they're not meeting the testing requirement though, at 1.1 tests per 1000 people instead of the necessary 1.5.)

I am confused -- I thought counties couldn't move into Phase 3 until the rate of new cases/deaths were flat or falling, and I didn't think any Southern California counties were there yet (or likely to be there by June 12).

It is very confusing because it is not really "phase 3" because not all aspects of phase 3 are approved to be reopened (next week). But yes counties have to be under set of guidelines to reopen to new businesses. And even then the counties and open to some or all or none of the new guidelines. Our county is not going to allow reopening of tourism even though the state will allow us to next week.

Theme Parks and other business are not being allowed to reopen next week.

I have hoppers purchased through getawaytoday but do not have actual tickets I can scan into the app. Per GAT I was told I cannot scan the printed tickets into the app, I have to wait to get a hard ticket at the turnstiles. So how would it be known to Disney that I already have tickets?

GAT actually emailed me and asked for my specific travel dates and days I plan on being in the parks and updated it in their database so maybe that info is shared with Disney???

We have a similar issue. We have a DVC reservation for December and tickets from UT. I have not linked the tickets yet. Should I link them on the chance you need tickets and an on-site reservation to get priority? I’m still not convinced we are even going in 6 months.

I have hoppers purchased through getawaytoday but do not have actual tickets I can scan into the app. Per GAT I was told I cannot scan the printed tickets into the app, I have to wait to get a hard ticket at the turnstiles. So how would it be known to Disney that I already have tickets?

I’ve scanned GAT tickets into the app with no problem- usually when I’d go through the gates the barcode would just change on its own. I say try it!

During the closure, have one-day tickets been available to buy? On their website you can buy your one-day ticket starting July 16th. (We have APs, but someone posted the ticket calendar on Instagram, so I was curious).

What do you guys think about the Blog Mickey post about the rumored no park hopping at WDW? Do you think the same would apply to DL?

I’ve scanned GAT tickets into the app with no problem- usually when I’d go through the gates the barcode would just change on its own. I say try it!
I also scan my GAT tickets into the app every time. In fact, I decided to do it last week with the tickets I bought before the shutdown. Then I got an email from GAT asking me when my dates are. I thought it was weird that they asked, since the tickets have an expiration in January. But I told them that we have a hotel reservation for mid-August, and if that doesn't work out, we have another hotel reservation for December. They wrote back to me that they will date my tickets as August 1, just in case. My tickets are already in the app, so I have no idea what they are doing to "date them as August 1." I'm guessing Disneyland is asking GAT about who has multi-day tickets and when they plan to visit.

What do you guys think about the Blog Mickey post about the rumored no park hopping at WDW? Do you think the same would apply to DL?

I just don’t see the need at Disneyland. I think a big reason why there may be no park hopping at Disney World is to cut down on the use of buses and other modes of transportation used to get between parks. Bus lines are going to be super long just to get people back to their resort hotels. They can use all buses usually used to go from one park to another and add them to the hotel bus arsenal. The more buses they can use for hotel transportation the better. I’m sure there are other reasons why there is no park hopping There as well there.

at Disneyland there is no transportation needed. You just walk across the esplanade. Now if Disney did it so more people could acquire reservations then I could see that as a valid reason. I just hope it doesn’t happen because I’ve always said I don’t see the DLR as two parks. I see it as one big park with a gap in the middle.

I HAVE NO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!! lol

So we were looking at booking for November... Now that Disney World has cancelled all park hopping, and fastpasses, do you think DL will do the same. If so I could totally see dropping parkhopper, and max pass.

Plus we are still waiting to find out how the reservation system will work out. We rarely stay onsite at DL, instead we like to stay across the street at Camelot.

We don't mind booking cause we can cancel if we need to, but the airlines are a whole different issue, we would be out almost $1300.....

I HAVE NO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!! lol

So we were looking at booking for November... Now that Disney World has cancelled all park hopping, and fastpasses, do you think DL will do the same. If so I could totally see dropping parkhopper, and max pass.

Plus we are still waiting to find out how the reservation system will work out. We rarely stay onsite at DL, instead we like to stay across the street at Camelot.

We don't mind booking cause we can cancel if we need to, but the airlines are a whole different issue, we would be out almost $1300.....

Haha, I was waiting for this to get transferred over.

No - I don't think they will drop park hopping for all the reasons previously discussed above (essentially that WDW is a completely different beast from the original, Walt Disney designed master park).

No - I don't think they will cancel max pass, that system actually would complement a virtual queue system and serves as supplemental revenue for anyone who chooses to plus their park experience

Book Southwest (if possible) - fee-less reuse of credit is their SOP. Delta will also allow you to reuse credit over multiple uses. United will require converted credit to be used ONCE regardless of new itinerary price. There's lots of flexibility, so check with multiple airlines for their COVID-19 flexibility policies.

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much! Sorry @theluckyrabbit for not posting in the right spot.

I figured maxpass would stay, because you can't book in advance. We loved maxpass when we went last year, it was a time saver for sure.

Good call on southwest. Their flights for some reason are so much more expensive right now, will need to look at dates.

Thanks for the help!

So a week or so ago I rebooked my April reservation to Sept. It's for my friend and me. I have an AP but did not originally add a ticket to the room for my friend and didn't do it when I rebooked. When I tried just now to add one for her, they wouldn't let me. They told me I had to cancel and rebook it as a package, but that has a lot of strings. I was hoping to avoid purchasing one until we know for sure whether we can go. If she can't get a ticket, though, there is no reason to go and I'm kind of miffed that our trip may be dead in the water again.

So a week or so ago I rebooked my April reservation to Sept. It's for my friend and me. I have an AP but did not originally add a ticket to the room for my friend and didn't do it when I rebooked. When I tried just now to add one for her, they wouldn't let me. They told me I had to cancel and rebook it as a package, but that has a lot of strings. I was hoping to avoid purchasing one until we know for sure whether we can go. If she can't get a ticket, though, there is no reason to go and I'm kind of miffed that our trip may be dead in the water again.
Don’t book a package.

Go into your DL app and purchase the multi day ticket that you need for your friend.

I also scan my GAT tickets into the app every time. In fact, I decided to do it last week with the tickets I bought before the shutdown. Then I got an email from GAT asking me when my dates are. I thought it was weird that they asked, since the tickets have an expiration in January. But I told them that we have a hotel reservation for mid-August, and if that doesn't work out, we have another hotel reservation for December. They wrote back to me that they will date my tickets as August 1, just in case. My tickets are already in the app, so I have no idea what they are doing to "date them as August 1." I'm guessing Disneyland is asking GAT about who has multi-day tickets and when they plan to visit.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong cause I can’t scan mine in... I tried using both barcodes and manually entering the number...

I’m not going to worry about now since we don’t even know what’s happening. Since GAT reached out and asked travel dates I’d assume they are sharing info with Disney on who has purchased tickets through them. I can’t imagine that tickets would HAVE to be linked in the app in order to secure a reservation since there are 3rd party sellers who don’t always issue hard tickets. Maybe GAT and Disney will work together to somehow to get reservations in place for people who have already purchased tickets through them....

Maybe GAT and Disney will work together to somehow to get reservations in place for people who have already purchased tickets through them....

I have a feeling this might be the case? Unless GAT themselves will book your reservation for you? That’s what they offer for WDW guests- they do all your dining and FastPass, etc.

I was also contacted and asked what our first day in the parks would be. This is what they said specifically:

“As we do not know what the reservation system will be like, we want the start date on your tickets to be as accurate as possible. What will be your first day in the parks?”

I hope we find out more soon!

Since GAT reached out and asked travel dates I’d assume they are sharing info with Disney on who has purchased tickets through them
That’s how Expedia, Southwest, and some other ticket sellers handle their sales. They have to confirm with Disney that the ticket is sold and how soon it needs to be activated within Disney’s ticketing system. For WDW, that was at least 60 days prior to arrival to access the FP windows.

Disney will probably activate your ticket prior to when the park reservation booking window opens for your trip. It’s always best to state your earliest possible travel date even if it’s a complete guess.

Don’t book a package.

Go into your DL app and purchase the multi day ticket that you need for your friend.
Thank you for this advice! I have made myself sick with worry about being able to purchase my friends PH for our October trip, with our reservations being offsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter