Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Disney has definitely increased their capacities at WDW in the last few weeks. We were supposed to be there the last 2 weeks and every comment and picture I have seen on Facebook is that it is way more crowded than it has been. Higher wait times and people all over the place. There was one on Main Street end of day yesterday that reminded me of the mornings waiting for Rise with people everywhere. Makes me feel much better about cancelling. It was just looking too "people-y" for me.
By all accounts it’s more crowded but it could also be demand has finally materialized. People feel safer traveling + Disney opened up a lot more bucket space to AP holders.

If FL manages to spike their cases in the next few weeks all bets are off on the newfound demand though.

ETA: I find it hilarious they cutback their hours right before demand came back. Like opening their parks during the FL COVID peak- WDW cannot time anything right this year 😂

Disney has definitely increased their capacities at WDW in the last few weeks. We were supposed to be there the last 2 weeks and every comment and picture I have seen on Facebook is that it is way more crowded than it has been. Higher wait times and people all over the place. There was one on Main Street end of day yesterday that reminded me of the mornings waiting for Rise with people everywhere. Makes me feel much better about cancelling. It was just looking too "people-y" for me.
Wait times on the app today certainly support that, 70 minutes for pirates right now, 60 for space...

Last edited:

They did not increase capacity, more people are just coming now.

We don't know that for sure, Disney hasn't released anything about capacity numbers.

Some insiders have said as much. There is really no reason to doubt they are telling the truth. The bottom line is, when the parks first opened, there were lots of travel bans and state quarantine requirements that have since been lifted. As well, distance learning is happening in many places and people are realizing their kids can "do school" from WDW, so families are traveling more. Not to mention the airfare and hotel deals. More people are coming to Orlando.

They did not increase capacity, more people are just coming now.

That may be true. But it is still higher. I have been every year in September since 2004. The pictures/wait times that I have seen are very similar to a typical September and most definitely higher than they have been. I agree that they were not fully booking dates in July/August, but they are filling dates pretty consistently now. This is my worry for Disneyland as there are so many more locals that it will be meeting the "planned restricted" capacity every day. Without shows and things like that to "suck up" the crowds, it is going to feel very crowded at Disneyland when it opens and much more similar to what WDW looks like now.

I'm on the phone right now, waiting to see if they can add a discount to my reservation I have for mid November.....stay tuned.

UPDATE: i spent quite a bit of time on the phone and a very nice CM told me that guest services "can see" the discount code but it wasnt "populating" for some reason. I should add I'm staying at DLH and when I brought up that I read here that it looks like it's only for PPH & GCH she said it actually will be for all 3 hotels. They took my name and number and said they will be calling me Monday with the discount code applied. It sounds like they are working on the issue right now and it for sure will be up and running by Monday. So not exactly sure, but she gave me the guest services CM members name and that she has my info and should all be taken care of and I will get a call.

I will post Monday evening what I find out!

***UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: I'm leaving the above conversation I had on here in case it happens to anyone else. So, about 10 minutes after I typed the above, I got a call from Guest Services and she apologized and said I was given some mis-information. The code FOR SURE is only for PPH and GCH, not DLH. After spending about 15 more minutes on the phone with her she was able to change me from my current DLH reservation in mid November to a GCH stay, use the discount code and it saved me $200. So that's exciting! She said she did have to "work the system" a bit to make it happen. I guess the trick is to start an entire NEW reservation THEN transfer your deposit over. I guess normally you keep the same reservation then transfer everything so you end up with the same reservation #. So those that couldnt make this happen, try and call back and tell them if they can start a new reservation (you will get a new number too) then the code can be applied then they transfer your deposit. HOPE THIS HELPS! whew

Last edited:
That may be true. But it is still higher. I have been every year in September since 2004. The pictures/wait times that I have seen are very similar to a typical September and most definitely higher than they have been. I agree that they were not fully booking dates in July/August, but they are filling dates pretty consistently now. This is my worry for Disneyland as there are so many more locals that it will be meeting the "planned restricted" capacity every day. Without shows and things like that to "suck up" the crowds, it is going to feel very crowded at Disneyland when it opens and much more similar to what WDW looks like now.
Do you recall the governor’s reaction to those busy beaches back at the beginning of summer? It was bad. He sees those types of pics out of DLR when they first open and they’ll be shutdown by day 2.

Wait times are longer because of reduced capacity. Obviously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter