Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I should clarify when I say I’m “lost” I’m speaking to the concern of having access to testing at their workplace on site everyday for all of them. I, too, realize that it is not as easy as just providing tests everyday and felt like that’s quite the ask for their workplace.

I understand the DESIRE for something like that, but it's not a reality at this moment and I'm sure this will be explained in detail in discussions between the unions and the Disney company.

A lot of these people making these demands don't fully understand the complexities involved in this type of testing. I mean, heck, if this was even possible I imagine the airline industry would be doing it first and foremost.

But who is just relying on daily test numbers for all their information?
That’s the problem, unfortunately too many people, which is why there are thousands attending concerts, a whole county making laws to not wear masks/ allowing people to not wear masks, and people who just don’t know how to interpret graphs and data at face value. That’s why we have spikes- people are relying on the bits of info from media outlets. Whether we like it or not, media outlets need to realize that’s where some people are going to get their information. so I’m just saying that when reporting, they should give context to numbers. I’m still reading some
Posts on twitter and Facebook where people believe that if you’re young you can’t get it/ die from it at all🙄

Sorry. Shouldn’t have said anything. Thinking out loud- so much going on I just wish things were more efficient and linear.

Just had another voicemail from DL asking us to modify or cancel our July 24-30 vacation. The lady who left the voicemail said that they will still be closed.
I don’t really want to modify anything until we hear more from the state about when they think theme parks can open up. I don’t want to have to call multiple times to make modifications. I’ve already had to change dates once. I think I am going to wait until around 07/21 to change anything unless we hear more from California/DL before that.

Just had another voicemail from DL asking us to modify or cancel our July 24-30 vacation. The lady who left the voicemail said that they will still be closed.
I don’t really want to modify anything until we hear more from the state about when they think theme parks can open up. I don’t want to have to call multiple times to make modifications. I’ve already had to change dates once. I think I am going to wait until around 07/21 to change anything unless we hear more from California/DL before that.

I wouldn't wait that long, or they may just cancel it for you outright. I think in Florida they are canceling reservations for closed resorts something like 7 days before arrival if the guest doesn't contact them beforehand.

That’s the problem, unfortunately too many people, which is why there are thousands attending concerts, a whole county making laws to not wear masks/ allowing people to not wear masks, and people who just don’t know how to interpret graphs and data at face value. That’s why we have spikes- people are relying on the bits of info from media outlets. Whether we like it or not, media outlets need to realize that’s where some people are going to get their information. so I’m just saying that when reporting, they should give context to numbers. I’m still reading some
Posts on twitter and Facebook where people believe that if you’re young you can’t get it/ die from it at all🙄
I think what is being asked here is impossible. No one knows what will happen to any individual if they get COVID. They could be asymptomatic, or a little sick, or a lot sick, or in the hospital, or on a vent, or dead. And we don't know which one until it happens. I actually think the media (the real media) is doing a fine job of reporting what the numbers mean, why they are increasing, and who is being most impacted both in terms of infections and deaths, in the aggregate. But a lot of people don't like what the data shows or don't want to believe it, either because it's scary or because it's inconvenient. So they try to minimize, deny, or explain away what the data (and the media reporting on the data) is telling us. Twitter and Facebook aren't the media, and "people posting" aren't reliable sources of information. I second the NYT and LAT for good information. The Washington Post has some good reporting also.

I wouldn't wait that long, or they may just cancel it for you outright. I think in Florida they are canceling reservations for closed resorts something like 7 days before arrival if the guest doesn't contact them beforehand.
Is there any kind of guest recovery? I'm thinking no, but I'm holding out.

Is there any kind of guest recovery? I'm thinking no, but I'm holding out.
I’m hoping that we hear something from California/Disneyland soon. I know they’re waiting until sometime after July 4th, but one way way or another, either open it up or give a better idea of when that might happen.

I think what is being asked here is impossible. No one knows what will happen to any individual if they get COVID. They could be asymptomatic, or a little sick, or a lot sick, or in the hospital, or on a vent, or dead. And we don't know which one until it happens. I actually think the media (the real media) is doing a fine job of reporting what the numbers mean, why they are increasing, and who is being most impacted both in terms of infections and deaths, in the aggregate. But a lot of people don't like what the data shows or don't want to believe it, either because it's scary or because it's inconvenient. So they try to minimize, deny, or explain away what the data (and the media reporting on the data) is telling us. Twitter and Facebook aren't the media, and "people posting" aren't reliable sources of information. I second the NYT and LAT for good information. The Washington Post has some good reporting also.
I agree. I’m glad some of us are reading more about it, but I’m concerned that the spikes are coming from groups of people who don’t read past the headlines/ignoring data/ and referencing Facebook and Twitter in order to have anecdotal evidence. such lack of information/ education from some will effect us all.

I agree. I’m glad some of us are reading more about it, but I’m concerned that the spikes are coming from groups of people who don’t read past the headlines/ignoring data/ and referencing Facebook and Twitter in order to have anecdotal evidence. such lack of information/ education from some will effect us all.
That's a different problem ;) I don't think the media changing how it reports covid data will solve that problem.

That's a different problem ;) I don't think the media changing how it reports covid data will solve that problem.
You’re probably right. Just thinking of some possible “quick fixes” out loud. Lol I live in a very conservative county of CA (Placer) and very few people wear masks when out even after it was mandatory. I guess I’ll keep praying😋

I imagine SD will close the beaches this weekend. County just announced closing bars without food licenses ahead of any Gov state level action. Good as drove through Encinitas this weekend and it was literally 10% mask compliance. Better in Solano and Del Mar downtown, but still wasn't close to supermajority.

FWIW, I just booked a mostly speculative, somewhat optimistic, partially realistic VGC reservation for April 18-21, 2021.

I think the parks will be open by September this year, but April 2021 represents the earliest I’d probably feel comfortable going.

I functionally have until March 18th to cancel that and push those DVC points into August 2021 and beyond.

I’m officially done with you, 2020 :faint:

FWIW, I just booked a mostly speculative, somewhat optimistic, partially realistic VGC reservation for April 18-21, 2021.

I think the parks will be open by September this year, but April 2021 represents the earliest I’d probably feel comfortable going.

I functionally have until March 18th to cancel that and push those DVC points into August 2021 and beyond.

September has always been my guess. I’m not even sure why.... just a feeling. Could be completely wrong.

We’re looking at May/June. I have this fantasy in my head where we pick up our son for his last day of kindergarten, but instead of driving home, we drive to the airport. He would lose his mind ☺️

I would only do this if the reservation system is still in place then, though, because it would put us right over Memorial Day weekend. Well, I think so anyway. The school calendar is such a mess, I can’t say for sure when the last day of school will be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter