Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Confirming the WDW booking window for Ticket Holders opened extra early this morning at 6a ET. It’s set up the same way as advanced FP booking: Choose your party, Choose your date and park, and the system checks if your tickets are valid before continuing to book.

The Park Availability calendar was showing all dates available for booking with the exception of DHS and Epcot the first few days. The system then began glitching.

For WDW, it was always worth accessing the system early because IT would open up the program to set the restrictions. Those who got into booking windows before the restrictions became live, could book at will. I believe that’s how APs were able to book 3 extra park days after booking length of stay off of a resort reservation.
I’m glad they were fair and kind to all their guests- everyone has an equal chance! I hope DLR follows suit! There’s almost no way they will forego the block out dates, so this is the next best thing, especially for me. My fiancé and I have Deluxe passes which means I wouldn’t be able to go to DL, only DCA, BUT we do have two day park hoppers, so that gives us the opportunity to
Go into DL when it first opens!

Do you happen to know how many tickets they are allowing in one party?
Because it appears to be based on the same booking system as FPs, however many valid tickets entitlements linked to each person = the number of park days that can be booked. Multi-day tickets allow booking for that specific number of park days.

Of course they have to do that — it’s one of the few screening options available to them. My concern, though, is that if someone has symptoms and has chosen to drive all the way to the zoo (from wherever) anyway, they’ll likely be prone to lie about how they feel when asked. They knew they had symptoms when they left the house yet left anyway. They’ve already made one poor choice and ignored their symptoms. That pattern is likely to continue. It seems to me that few people under these circumstances would wait until the last minute to make the right choice.

You’re right. Most people that arrive at the zoo (or Disneyland or wherever) already experiencing symptoms might lie when asked questions. I think the screening questions are more to limit the liability of the zoo or whomever is asking. They do little to stop people with symptoms from going places.

It looks like counties that have been on the state’s watch list for more than 14 days are being ordered to close bars, and counties on the state’s watch list for 3-14 days are being asked to close bars. I wouldn’t be surprised to see additions or, eventually, removals from the list depending on how conditions develop by county.

OC has one more day of data before they will be added to the list as well. Our data for the last 2 days puts us over the allowable metrics for reopening.

The WDW AP Previews link went live this morning: July 9 & July 10 AP Preview Dates - Link Now Available. Still no word whether DLR will have any AP Previews -- hope so! -- but at least hoping we get some good info from the WDW people when they have theirs.
I know that DLR is not opening due to COVID cases, and I know if for the greater good, but I’m so jealous of the people who will be able to go to WDW within the next two-three weeks! I was hoping that would be us as well. But I have to wait.

Hopefully, DLR will offer a similar expiration date extension for tickets as WDW. I bought my PH's w/MP back in February before the price hike to use in October. WDW's extension goes until 9/26, just before the 50th anniversary. I'm hoping DLR will extend theirs until the end of next year.

the queue for RotR starts at the tunnel entrance to the land, from there it does the queue inside and then breaks off and goes into the overflow of Muppets queue and backstage, the whole line is estimated to be an hour and a half. The CM are expecting the line will be full.
For MFSR it's the regular overflow to TSLand and then backstage gate by Falcon
ABC commissary won't be open because it will be CM break room to give them more space
No word on Oga
Relaxation area at SWGE will be at right before the marketplace restrooms, outdoor place, they are putting some umbrellas and CM will be manning them to make sure people put their masks back on
They are still trying to get the marketplace stores to open but have to see what they can do with capacity
Some areas of the RotR queue will have plexiglass to separate people in the more confined queue
If people ask why they are wearing masks they can answer it's because of an intergalactic virus being spread around from planet to planet
for MFSR : no one stops at preshow but there are spots on the sides if you want to see the pre show.
If you are CM your comp tickets will work you just have to link them on MDE, also check with your coordinator if you have comp tickets that expired in June, they may be able to extend those through Sept. Your MEP will be blocked out for now
CM preview opens July 1st and it looks like RotR will not be open for CM preview
This is a quote from the WDW boards. @yulilin3 is one of the mods and her daughter is a CM on Batuu. This is how WDW is going to handle SWGE attractions. May or may not be the same for DL, but something to think about.

This is a quote from the WDW boards. @yulilin3 is one of the mods and her daughter is a CM on Batuu. This is how WDW is going to handle SWGE attractions. May or may not be the same for DL, but something to think about.
SWGE is basically set up the same at both parks. For DL, ROTR can back up all the way to Critter Country. And MFSR could extend out towards Fantasyland or through the BTMRR walkway.

But with DL keeping Virtual Queues and MaxPass on the app, those will still be a consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter