Disneyland Paris Shares - How, What and Where?

Yes prices are room only. I believe you would be able to get 4 day park tickets, but at 4 days you may be better off with APs.

Hi

I want to take the family to Disneyland Paris for the New Year and it seems that buying shares and then getting annual passes would be the best option.

So would I be able to get 5 passes with 20% off and then another 15% off for the shareholder discount? My daughter, son in law and 2 grandchildren live with me but I have a different name from them.

Also how do you go about buying the passes and can they be used straight away i.e. do you buy them on site? Also is there a restriction for 2nd and
3rd day use as it isn't clear?

Lastly has anyone used the Mickey breakfast for shareholders and would we all be allowed in if only I bought shares?

Thanks

You can not get 20% off then a further 15% off, you can only use one discount. The AP where you can only begin to use it 3 days after purchase is the cheaper of the passes (sorry can't remember the name), you will need the fantasy or dream pass. They can be used straight away.

What is the Mickey breakfast for shareholders you speak about? I have not heard of this? Or do you mean can you get breakfast in the shareholders lounge?

Now for my issues!!
I set up a trading account with the Halifax to buy my shares. Only I can't seem to do that on line yet as the account which is in my name won't link to our on line banking account as that is in my husbands name (even though they are joint accounts.) So now I need to wait until I recieve the password I set up for my on line account management so I can link my trading account to that! I hate waiting as I want to buy the shares so I can book my October trip (I need to book for half term so want to book ASAP as I guess it will be busy then)!! I am aware that once I have finally bought my shares (which will be the end of next week now) it will then take a few more weeks for my shareholders memebrship to come through before I can book my trip! Can you tell I'm not good at waiting for things and like to be organised!!

If you email the shareholders club on the same day as you send the documentation, they will email back your membership no. when it is set up and even fax you the temporary certificate if you need it. The temporary one doesn't seem to be subject to any delay while the permanent card takes an unbelievable length of time (8 weeks later I'm still waiting).

Thats great news Britchick4, thanks. I will make sure I email as well as faxing so I can get it sorted ASAP and get the trip booked.

You can not get 20% off then a further 15% off, you can only use one discount. The AP where you can only begin to use it 3 days after purchase is the cheaper of the passes (sorry can't remember the name), you will need the fantasy or dream pass. They can be used straight away.

What is the Mickey breakfast for shareholders you speak about? I have not heard of this? Or do you mean can you get breakfast in the shareholders lounge?

Now for my issues!!
I set up a trading account with the Halifax to buy my shares. Only I can't seem to do that on line yet as the account which is in my name won't link to our on line banking account as that is in my husbands name (even though they are joint accounts.) So now I need to wait until I recieve the password I set up for my on line account management so I can link my trading account to that! I hate waiting as I want to buy the shares so I can book my October trip (I need to book for half term so want to book ASAP as I guess it will be busy then)!! I am aware that once I have finally bought my shares (which will be the end of next week now) it will then take a few more weeks for my shareholders memebrship to come through before I can book my trip! Can you tell I'm not good at waiting for things and like to be organised!!

Thanks. This is the breakfast that I meant

" Light coffee Break at Salon Mickey, at the entrance of the Disneyland Park from 9:00 a.m. to noon each morning." Does anyone know what is included and if we could all get in if I bought shares?

There seem to be 3 passes and the cheapest is for French residents. Can you use the Fantasy ( middle priced ) straight away and then for days after or does it have to be the Dream pass please?

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/salon-mickey-internal-regulations.pdf here is a link to salon Mickey rules. You can admit 4 guests as long as they are your direct relatives. Just a thought though, will you be staying on site? If so you get breakfast in your room rate.

As for the AP's you can use the Fantasy straight away. Just make sure the dates you want to visit as not on the black out day list for that pass. If it is you will need the Dream pass that has no black out days.

Thanks for the help. You say that you cannot combine the discount but this is what it says on the shareholder website

This Annual Passport discount is limited to Shareholders Club members and their families only (living at the same home address) and only for five Annual Passports per member per year. Cannot be combined with any other promotional or special offers. Can only be combined with the family discount (for a single family, same address, in compliance with the general conditions of Annual Passports Brochure) on Fantasy and Dream Passports.

So, if I read it right, I can combine as we all live at the same address?

Humm, not sure about that then, the wording isn't that clear!

Hi sheshe50, welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

Yes, you can get the shareholders discount then the family discount. :thumbsup2

They normally ask for passports as proof but in your case make sure you also have proof of address (as someone once had difficulty getting the family discount as they had different surnames)

Hi sheshe50, welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

Yes, you can get the shareholders discount then the family discount. :thumbsup2

They normally ask for passports as proof but in your case make sure you also have proof as address (as someone once had difficulty getting the family discount as they had different surnames)

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Please can you tell me how to get the annual passes as we won't need them until New Year's Eve? Also do they open later or close at 8 as usual? It all seems a bit premature but I like to be organised and then I just have to start saving!!!

Thanks. This is the breakfast that I meant

" Light coffee Break at Salon Mickey, at the entrance of the Disneyland Park from 9:00 a.m. to noon each morning." Does anyone know what is included and if we could all get in if I bought shares?

It really is a light coffee break. There is a drinks machine whereby you can serve yourself hot chocolate, coffee, tea and there is a fridge with bottles of water, coke, orange etc. There is a tray with a small selection of pastries, doughnuts, muffins, cookies etc. Only 30 people at a time are admitted to Salon Mickey, on more than one occasion we have not been admitted as they were full and have had to return at a later time. Also, there is only seating for approx 10 people at a time, so even if you are admitted you may have to stand.

It is a lovely tranquil place to stop for a refreshment break but should be looked on as an extra rather than a replacement for your hotel breakfast.

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Please can you tell me how to get the annual passes as we won't need them until New Year's Eve? Also do they open later or close at 8 as usual? It all seems a bit premature but I like to be organised and then I just have to start saving!!!
It is possible to buy annual passes in advance but we've always waited until we get there. Go to the Guest Services window to the right of the ticket booths where they will sell you temporary passes which give you access to the park, you then go to the Annual Passport Bureau (at the entrance to Discoveryland) where they will exchange them for permanent ones.

The park will be open till approx 1am on New Year's Eve ~ there will be fireworks at midnight. :wizard:

Hi

I want to take the family to Disneyland Paris for the New Year and it seems that buying shares and then getting annual passes would be the best option.

So would I be able to get 5 passes with 20% off and then another 15% off for the shareholder discount? My daughter, son in law and 2 grandchildren live with me but I have a different name from them.

Also how do you go about buying the passes and can they be used straight away i.e. do you buy them on site? Also is there a restriction for 2nd and
3rd day use as it isn't clear?

Lastly has anyone used the Mickey breakfast for shareholders and would we all be allowed in if only I bought shares?

Thanks

I have friends who got family discount (Gran , Grandad , daughter , son-in-law ,two grandchildren , son , partner and one grandchild) who live at three different addresses and have 3 different surnames . I don't think you'll have a problem with a different surname but would take something with your address just in case as Elaine says. The annual passport office isn't always very consistent at applying the rules :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Thanks for all of the advice. Now to put my plans into action. I have never bought shares before and they seem to be going up in price. Also the euro / pound rate has dropped. Any ideas where to buy, what they charge and do you think that I should hold on for a while in case the price is better?

Saying that the price is still low in comparison to the discounts offered.

:yay:

Thanks for all of the advice. Now to put my plans into action. I have never bought shares before and they seem to be going up in price. Also the euro / pound rate has dropped. Any ideas where to buy, what they charge and do you think that I should hold on for a while in case the price is better?

Saying that the price is still low in comparison to the discounts offered.

:yay:

The comission charge will vary from bank to bank. My advice would be go to your own bank & enquire with them 1st as this could save a lot of running around.

The euro seems to have steadied off a bit but share prices are very unpredictable. My advice would be to buy them now as you may regret waiting.

Danauk once you have sent of the shareholders form you can contact Louisa who will issue you a temporary membership letter, which means you can book your trip as your shareholder membership number will be on it:thumbsup2

Call me sad, but I'm sat here with a big smile on my face because I've just had my first email from Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholder's Club.
It's to view First Half Results for Fiscal Year 2008 and I probably won't even understand it, but it's just so cool. :cloud9:
Sorry had to share with others who'd understand. OH thinks I've lost the plot.

Call me sad, but I'm sat here with a big smile on my face because I've just had my first email from Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholder's Club.
It's to view First Half Results for Fiscal Year 2008 and I probably won't even understand it, but it's just so cool. :cloud9:
Sorry had to share with others who'd understand. OH thinks I've lost the plot.
Same here :thumbsup2 Love getting my mail from Euro Disney SCA :goodvibes

I understand :goodvibes I get the e-mails from DLRP and I get a dividend for my one :laughing: share in the Disney Co. It's about the only times I ever feel important!! :rotfl2:

It is a lovely tranquil place to stop for a refreshment break but should be looked on as an extra rather than a replacement for your hotel breakfast.

I agree. Last year when we visited all the food had been eaten and only coffee and coke was available to drink :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter