Disneyland Paris - Overweight

I'm 5'11" on a good day, 5'10" on a bad and am not even close to skinny. I have been able to go on everything. Crush was the only one I had any discomfort on - but I think that had more to do with the large meal and long line than the seat. ;)

Hiya, can you remember what the restraints are, are they similar to rock n roller coaster and stop when they get to you or do they have an automatic stop point?

Hiya, can you remember what the restraints are, are they similar to rock n roller coaster and stop when they get to you or do they have an automatic stop point?
If I remember rightly they click up until you want them to stop. (Lots of little click points if you know what I mean.)

I always worry that they wont click tight enough on me and I almost alwasy click stuff one click too tight, and I think crush was one of those times. So it can be any amount forward or backward I think.

Also, crush seems to be more of a leg holder downer than a belly crusher inner I think.

I'm a size 12 but with child bearing hips and Jack is skinny and 6'5" and everything was pretty spacious for both of us width (for me) and length (for him) wise. Although he always compains on shoulder restraint rides as they crush his shoulders a bit.

It's a click and stop, I found that it was easiest for me to sit up a little then go one click tighter then slide back down. Most of my weight is in my hips and stomach though. :rolleyes1

Thanks guys. The restraints sound very similar to the Rock n Roller coaster and hubby and I are fine with those so think I will be brave and give it a go. I'll make sure we get to the park for opening then rush to Crush, then at least if I can't fit in then I wont be too embarassed.

The Crush restraints come up from between your knees on a stick, if you see what I mean - imagine big stick with a large pad on the top, which you pull towards you. It is on a rachet so you pull it just as tight as you want to. We found it is best to pull it as tight as you can whilst still breathing so as to feel secure. (Unlike Mr EK on ToT, who surreptitiously keeps his lap belt loose!)

I'm only a few lb lighter than you and have no problems at all, even in big old bulky winter clothes and jackets, please don't worry.

The Crush restraints come up from between your knees on a stick, if you see what I mean - imagine big stick with a large pad on the top, which you pull towards you. It is on a rachet so you pull it just as tight as you want to. We found it is best to pull it as tight as you can whilst still breathing so as to feel secure. (Unlike Mr EK on ToT, who surreptitiously keeps his lap belt loose!)

I'm only a few lb lighter than you and have no problems at all, even in big old bulky winter clothes and jackets, please don't worry.

Ahh I didn't realise it was something in between your legs, I know the kind of restraints you mean. Now im worried, the seat wont be wide enough, what am I like :rotfl:

You go on RnRC, yes? Similar.

in which case please stop with the worrying - you're going to be absolutely fine. Cosy, but fine. Like me. My bum is about the size of Belgium and I fit with no problems.

Promise!

EK

You go on RnRC, yes? Similar.

in which case please stop with the worrying - you're going to be absolutely fine. Cosy, but fine. Like me. My bum is about the size of Belgium and I fit with no problems.

Promise!

EK

Yup I can get my ample bum in the seats on RnRC and bring the restrait down with a little arm room.

Im just a worrier, if I don't think i'll fit there is no way im going to queue up and then face embarassment, I usually send hubby on first to suss it out, but he doesn't always have a clue.

Thanks ER, I appreicate the encouragement. :hug:

Last week, within the space of about ten minutes, we saw two people being asked to leave Crush's Coaster because their restraints wouldn't close :sad2: but I would say they were both about 300lbs or more. It was very sad to see them being asked to leave in front of the whole queue. :sad1: They had queued for two hours as well - it must've been mortifying and extremely disappointing. I actually felt really bad after that and guilty for having a FastPass. :sad2:

We were talking about this and saying we think they should have tester seats - apparently they have these in Orlando - or at least someone with the (albeit horrible) job of scouring the queue for people they don't think will fit. :sad2:

I think it really depends where you carry your weight. The two people we saw were big around the middle and this is what caused the problem, I think - the restraints press down on your tummy so it's less about being wide (the seats have ample bottom space and they were sitting down quite comfortably!) and more about having a larger tummy which sticks out too far for the restraint to lock in place.

I was actually quite worried about one of the people I saw as he was pretending to hold his restraint down and all it would've taken was a lapse of concentration on the part of the CM to not notice it wasn't locked - after going on the ride I can see why you need something holding you down tight! :scared1: Luckily the CM did notice and asked him to leave (poor guy). :sad1:

If you're really worried you can always ask a CM at the entrance whether she/he thinks you'll be okay. They were still doing FPs last week (after the trial period had supposedly finished) and there was a CM at the entrance at all times.

I think they could really do with a "tester seat" at the ride entrance. Some of the UK parks have them and it spares you the time spent queuing and any potential embarrassment of being asked to leave if you don't fit for some reason. It's just a simple ride seat and restraint, which turns a little light green if you can lose it far enough :thumbsup2

That really would be a good idea and would save a lot of embarrassment, disappointment and wasted time. It's easy for the CM to check that someone's the minimum height before riding, but you really do need a tester seat for checking whether someone is too big. It's been a good few days now and I still feel really awful for those two people we saw. :sad2:

I'm 5ft 2 and was size 18/20 when I went last October I carry it all over esp on my bum n thighs... ex gymnast muscle turned to fat blardy, blardy, blah n all that, but I didn't have a problem with Crush or BTM, the other half is very heavy with a large belly but he managed to ride crush, although it must have been uncomfortable for him.
I'm going back in December size 14/16 so things will be more comfortable this time :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi all!

Know this thread has been quiet for a while, but I am headed to Disneyland Paris this weekend and I am getting pretty nervous about fitting on rides. I am 5'5 and weigh about 245. I went to disney paris about 3 years ago weighing about 45lb less and didn't have any problems, but with the new rides and coaster I am starting to think my **** may be a little pooh sized for some. Particularly worried about Crush - have read of few threads on other sites and heard some stories about people getting kicked off and needing a certain number of "clicks".

Does anyone who has been since crush, rnr, and tower of terror have opened have any helpful tips so I know whether to save myself the line up times?

Thanks in advance

Hi all!

Know this thread has been quiet for a while, but I am headed to Disneyland Paris this weekend and I am getting pretty nervous about fitting on rides. I am 5'5 and weigh about 245. I went to disney paris about 3 years ago weighing about 45lb less and didn't have any problems, but with the new rides and coaster I am starting to think my **** may be a little pooh sized for some. Particularly worried about Crush - have read of few threads on other sites and heard some stories about people getting kicked off and needing a certain number of "clicks".

Does anyone who has been since crush, rnr, and tower of terror have opened have any helpful tips so I know whether to save myself the line up times?

Thanks in advance

some good news and some cautious news for you here.

1st the good news, you should be fine on ToT. If you can fit on star tours, you can fit on ToT - it uses a similar restraint system.

Crush however is a tight squeeze, so it really does depend where you carry the weight. If in doubt, talk to a cast member before boarding. That said I was about 330lbs when I rode last time. But it was close as to whether I could.

Thanks for the feedback. Can i ask another question about the restraints on crush - i have read that they are the type that you pull down to you lap with the stick between your legs. Do the restraints "click" into place or is the type that u hold down and it is locked into place?

I'm pretty sure they are clicky, but I wouldn't bet money on it, I'm sure someone will know for you!

The restraints on Crush are a little different. Imagine a lever in front of you between your legs. You pull it forward so it is against your stomach. Like bar restraints it latches into place, and there are a few holding positions. There are so many clicks needed until it locks into place and the ride ops are happy to let you go. One thing that is also interesting about crush is it keeps moving (slowly as you get in and out), unlike normal coasters.

Hi all!! Just back from Disneyland Paris where I spent 3 full days and 2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel and had the most AMAZING time! Just thought I would post again here and give my own little "plus size" report for my fellow Pooh Sized disney goers who might be a little nervous about some of the rides. I am plus size (5'5 and 245lbs) and was really worried that my extra curves might be a little too curvy for disneyland. But I can safely report back that I went on just about every ride at disneyland without any problem.

One thing I noticed on all the "Big Thrill Rides" (Crush, RnR, Space Mountain etc) was a phase on the information signs saying riders of certain body shapes may not be able to ride. But honestly, I did not see anyone turned away nor did I have any problems.

Here is the rundown:

Disneyland Park

Adventureland
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril - over the shoulder restraint with lots of little clicks that start almost immediately when pulled down. Seat was roomy enough for my behind.

Frontier Land
Phantom Manor - Pod like chairs with a pull down lap bar. Stops wherever you pull it to so no problems here. Ample room for two riders

Big Thunder Mountain - one of my favourite disneyland rides. Pull down lap bar that clicks into place. Loved this ride cause it was 6' friends legs and not me that stopped the bar!! Woohoo!! Heaps of room for two riders.

Fantasyland
Les Voyages de Pinocchio - Lap bar that clicks that locks wherever it stops. Great for all sizes. No problems for two adults.

Le Carrousel de Lancelot - climb onto the horses and away you go. Seatbelt like restraint for children but not for adults. Only problem I had on this ride was that I was on an outside horse that finished raised in the air - with over 1 metre drop to get off. Short people beware!

Peter Pans Flight - Same as Pinocchio restraint - lap bar that pulls down and locks wherever it stops. Room for two adults.

Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Seatbelt restraint that is very long (fits adult and two children). Would probably only go one adult per elephant though cause i dont think they are designed for two adults.

Mad Hatters Tea Cups - bit of a tight squeeze getting in the cup (small door) - just go sideways. I was not to cramped at all on this, though i got very dizzy.

It's a Small World - Plenty of room for two or more adults. Me and my friend were miles apart. Bit of a step in and out though so not good for those riders with bad knees

Discoveryland
Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast - Perhaps my favourite ride, this is a ride where the front of the "cart" locks back into place (predetermined spot). Where it locks is not close to the body so suitable for all shapes and sizes and plenty of room for two adults.

Star Tours - Seat belt restraints. Much bigger than an aeroplane seatbelt. Tip would be to pull the belt out before you sit down to avoid groping around for the belt and lock. Sit was not roomy, but not squished.

Space Mountain: Mission 2 - Similar to restraints on Indiana Jones - over the shoulder restraint with lots of clicky things. Have to pull harness down to get off so be aware - my friend got trapped. Not much room between harness and side of cart. Seats where not terribly roomy, but not digging in sides. My issues with this ride weren't the harness/space, but rather the banging my head took through the ride - thought i had broken my jaw. Least favourite rollercoaster. Go in the front for more space

Walt Disney Studios

Backlot
Rock n Roller Coaster - Over the head shoulder restraint with lots of clicky things. Clicky things start almost as soon as you pull the harness down so not worry on that. Seat was fairly roomy too. Much less violent on the head than Space Mountain. Go in the front for more leg space

Moteurs Stunt Show - Bench seats in stadium. Ample room for even big bottoms like mine!

Production Courtyard
Cinemagique - seats are slightly squishy - I could just feel the handles against my hips when sitting down. Not overly uncomfortable though.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - seatbelt ride with very room seatbelt. I pulled my belt out before riding and swear I could have fit another person in my lap. Bottom area is slightly smaller than other rides though.

Toon Studio
Crush's Coaster - This ride was my biggest concern but I fit no problems. Seats weren't too small on the bottom space. T-bar like restraint with a lap bar attached to a pole that comes down between your legs. This is wear having a large belly could be a problem as there are far fewer "clicky things" than over the harness rides. I saw a quite large man in front of me (much bigger than me) ride without any problems though. I was able to get a couple of clicks no problems so people of a similar size shouldn't worry too much. Though, the lines for this ride are VERY long (min 60 min all weekend) so be warned.

Flying Carpets over Agrabah - lap bar that locks into place when it stops. We rode one to the front, one to the back and there with heaps of space. Two adults could fit in one row, but it would get squishy.

Art of Disney Animation - cinema style seating. Seats in second room are pretty tight on the hips and not as roomy as cinemagique.

Honestly, the toughest fit for me all weekend were the turnstiles getting into attractions. My tip would be always go in sideways to avoid bruising!!

Hope this puts a few peoples minds at ease.

Honestly, the toughest fit for me all weekend were the turnstiles getting into attractions. My tip would be always go in sideways to avoid bruising!!

I hear ya!!! Those turnstiles vexed me at every opportunity :rolleyes1 The rides were no problems but I hated the turnstiles, am hoping they won't be so tight next time - either that or i'll have to wear leather trousers rubbed in vaseline :lmao:

I'm glad you had such a great time :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter