Disneyland Paris - Overweight

mel_bm

Earning My Ears
Hi all.

New to the forums here. I have read through and found some of the advice on doing disney overweight very helpful, but I was hoping to get some advice from someone who has been to Disneyland Paris. I am 5'4, 240lbs and I am heading to disneyland paris in september. I am a bit concerned that the seat sizes and what not might be smaller than those in the US and was wondering if people could give me some advice with regards to being overweight and riding the rides. Is there any to avoid? Or are they about the same as the US?

Thanks

mel

Hi!

I'm sure I've read a post somewhere on this board (Could have been months ago) from someone with a similar concern and they were reassured by several people that it was not an issue. I'm not a skinny person at all, and I was fine on every ride I went on..... Except the Flying Carpets, but that was mainly because my fiance decided to hog all the leg room!!! :goodvibes

Have a great trip! If you're off in September we might see you! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

Hi all.

New to the forums here. I have read through and found some of the advice on doing disney overweight very helpful, but I was hoping to get some advice from someone who has been to Disneyland Paris. I am 5'4, 240lbs and I am heading to disneyland paris in september. I am a bit concerned that the seat sizes and what not might be smaller than those in the US and was wondering if people could give me some advice with regards to being overweight and riding the rides. Is there any to avoid? Or are they about the same as the US?

Thanks

mel

HI Mel and welcome!! :goodvibes

I'm pretty much the same size as you and I've never had any trouble on the rides. I was worried when we went in Feb and saw all the signs on Crush saying people of varying sizes may not be able to ride but they pretty much cater for all sizes and shapes. If recent trips have been anything to go by you won;t be the biggest person there!!

Have fun and don't worry!

Hi Mel

You needn't have any worries!! I am a similar size to you and having just come back there was no ride I couldn't go on!!

Like you I did worry if I was going to fit on the rides as Crush was the first one we did and it does say If you are of a certain shape and size you can't ride but there was plenty of room for me!! There just didn't seem to be much to hang on to!!:rotfl2:

And the restraints on RNR Coaster, Indiana Jones were fine for me! I expect Space Mountain to be similar but can't say as I didn't do this ride - not too fussed about darkness!!

Go ahead and have a wonderful time, I did!!!:)

The only ride I've ever seen anyone have trouble with was quite a big lady who needed 3 CMs to help her out of Orbitron.

She was quite old, however, and I think it was more her mobility than her size that caused her the problem.

I've never noticed a difference in sizing with rides in the US or Europe. If you're fine in the states I'm sure you'll be fine in Paris too!! :)

Hi Mel

You needn't have any worries!! I am a similar size to you and having just come back there was no ride I couldn't go on!!

Like you I did worry if I was going to fit on the rides as Crush was the first one we did and it does say If you are of a certain shape and size you can't ride but there was plenty of room for me!! There just didn't seem to be much to hang on to!!:rotfl2:

And the restraints on RNR Coaster, Indiana Jones were fine for me! I expect Space Mountain to be similar but can't say as I didn't do this ride - not too fussed about darkness!!

Go ahead and have a wonderful time, I did!!!:)
I think fitting in Crush depends on where you carry your weight. If it's in the belly, it might be a tough fit.

I was just there a few weeks ago and a woman directly behind me in line was very heavy. My guess is she was about 5'4" and maybe 300lbs or more. Her belly kept bumping me from behind while in line. I didn't watch her try to get on Crush as I was too busy getting myself on. I did look for her when we got off though and I didn't see her. If she had fit, she should have been in one of the turtle shells right behind me. I doubt there is anyway that she fit on the ride.

Hi mel_bm and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

As others have said if you are "Pooh" sized you should be fine :goodvibes

For rollercoasters with over head restraints and restraints like they use on Crush the general rule is that you have to have a waist measurement of less than 46in and a chest measurement of less than 54in. Quite a few US rollercoaster sites post these measurements as the restraint limits and seen as a lot of the rides at DLRP are manufactured by the same companies as coasters in the USA I guess the restraints are the same size.

Every person and body shape is different. I am 6 foot 2 and at my worst I have weighed 370 lbs. I now am about 330lbs with a 50-52 inch waist and 56 inch chest.

I can ride everything at DLP, but there are a few tips:

Orbitron - same as disneyland's Astro Orbitor (ride solo)
In the coasters, sit in the front seats of each car, there is more leg room. However, legroom is poor on Big thunder and Indy, so be sure to cross your ankles.

The only (just fit) is Crush Coaster - that's a real uncomfortable ride for me.

On Star Tours and Tower of Terror, just like in the states, be sure to pull your seatbelt before you sit down, it's much easier.

Enjoy!

Wow guys!! Thanks for all your replies.

I guess what I am really worried about is that I carry my weight all over me and I am rather stocky - 50" bust 47' waist 54' hips. I have heard about the problems that people have had with the shoulder harnesses on the new Space Mountain and Crush and stuff and I think that is what is worrying me most cause I was a good 50lb last time I ventured to DL in Cal. Glad to see that similar sized people have had no problems.

I am far too overweight and I didn't have any problems about that, but I do have a very dodgy knee and I had a little difficulty getting out of Orbitron - not much since I did it on my own and got my daughter out too. Didn't ride Crush though or any rollercoaster except BTM so can't comment on those.

I have no bother at size 18/20 - 38/40 chest, no bother at all.

Orbitron is a bit of a squeeze but everything else is fine.

Wow... I know that with all yours resassurances I should be alright but a part of me is still really worrying. I have lost some weight and I am only 230lbs now (still 5'4"), but I carry my weight everywhere. Has anyone of similar size been on RnR and SpaceMountain recently and can report back on the restraints?

hello :) i have never had any probs on any of the rides and i'm fairly large top and bottom!! my bf has a BIG BIG belly and despite not being able to go on some rides in uk theme parks, has NEVER had a prob at disney...we went on RNR, space mountain, indiana jones, crush and all were fine :thumbsup2

I have never plucked up enough courage to queue up for Crush as I don't want to get to the front and then not be able to get on it due to my size, I would be mortified.

What are the restraints / seats like? Anything like Rock n Roller ? I can ride that no problem as the over head restraints only come down as far as you can pull them.

I have never plucked up enough courage to queue up for Crush as I don't want to get to the front and then not be able to get on it due to my size, I would be mortified.

What are the restraints / seats like? Anything like Rock n Roller ? I can ride that no problem as the over head restraints only come down as far as you can pull them.

If I remember right they are similar to big thunder mountain bar thing....you pull it up to your waist...its not an over shoulder number I know that much.
My husband is 6ft 1" and about 16 stone (and shrinking!) and he goes on everything.

You will be fine and you will love the ride sooooo much!!:thumbsup2

and to the ones with a big chest....I'm jealous!!! xx

I'm 5'11" on a good day, 5'10" on a bad and am not even close to skinny. I have been able to go on everything. Crush was the only one I had any discomfort on - but I think that had more to do with the large meal and long line than the seat. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter