Disneyland Paris - Overweight

I hear ya!!! Those turnstiles vexed me at every opportunity :rolleyes1 The rides were no problems but I hated the turnstiles, am hoping they won't be so tight next time - either that or i'll have to wear leather trousers rubbed in vaseline :lmao:

I'm glad you had such a great time :thumbsup2

i couldnt help but laugh at that visual :rotfl:

Thanks for the info :o)

I'm 5'6 and about 2 stone heavier than you :rolleyes1 and really nervous about fitting in some of the rides. I struggled to get in the Chessington Runaway Mine Train so am panicking now about DLP!

Are the restraints individual? Even if I do fit in the seats, if my 6 year old sits next to me, does that mean he will be thrown around the cart as the restraint will be round my big tummy?

I am a size 24 - I can't do "pounds" as everyone is a different shape!

Jo

Hi Jo.

Disney rides will be more spacious than other theme parks, so I wouldnt worry about fitting.

Some rides have individual restraints (Crush, RnRC, Space Mountain) But slower coasters do have a shared lap bar.

What I plan on doing with little kids on BTM and other shared rides where lap bar size is set to the biggest rider, is to put my arms around little ones and hold onto the bar the other side of them. I'm sure if there are any worries at loading time a cast member will help you out!

Odd and all as it seems, there can be problems too at the other end of thescale. On my last trip I weighed just 6 and a half stone and very slight. CM on BTM pulled lap bar down for me, but not far enough!!!!!! There was a huge gap which meant I wans't fully restrained and bounced round theseat getting very bruised and also feeling a little freaked out!!! I was only glad the ride didn't go upside down:rotfl2::rotfl2:

So what I am saying is its not much fun for us more slender figures either sometimes:love:I will have to get a few Mickey Brioches into me first next time....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter