Disneyland Leap Day Meet? Feb. 29

Which meet times would you be interested in? (Choose any)

• 6am - Let's start this party off right!

• 2pm - Check in while we're fresh

• 6pm - 12 hour mark, who's still in?

• 2am - Let the coffee flow!

• 6am - We survived! Let's go get breakfast.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was thining of gettin in line at 5. 4 Is the earliest. I also won' t have a hotel on the 29th. I won't sacrifice my whole experience for lack of sleep just for ears.
I saw on the poll that a few people want to have breakfast after the park closes. I am up for that. I will have some time to waste before I have to go to the airport. Hopefully we will all have some magical experences to share:)

Hello one and all!!

So happy to have checked in a found a post some meets with fellow Dis'ers!

Seems NorCal is totally represented here! We're flying out of Oakland (from our hometown of Cloverdale) on the 27th. Wisely kept a hotel room for three nights though one is a total waste of $$$ since we plan to be in the park. Anyway, we figured if we didn't keep the room, we couldn't drop into a bed by 9am on the 1st.... our flight back home is scheduled for Friday, March 2nd, so you KNOW we'll be sleeping, sleeping, sleeping. :laughing:

We're game for any kind of meet activity. Love to meet people! We're trying to think of something fun to "blog" about as the day progresses. I've visited (read "stalked") other boards for ideas. Some people are taking pictures with a clock behind them at the top of every hour; some are even planning to ride the Monorail for a full hour!

It'll be me and the hubby - - - a first in the park with no munchkins slowing us down! I can finally shop without hearing "mommy can I have this?" or "I'm hungry". :rotfl:

Nice to "meet" everyone in the virtual world!

Lori and Bryce (PenguinAddict and BigGuppy)

I might be wrong, but I think the Monorail is going to be under refurbishment during the Leap 24. Lots of stuff on Main Street, too!

From Mouseforless:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/dlparks/rehab-closedl.shtml

Disneyland Monorail will be closed February 27 through March 9 for refurbishment.
The Matterhorn Bobsleds will be closed for refurbishment through June 14, 2012.
Mark Twain Riverboat will be closed for refurbishment from February 20 through March 5, 2012.

Blue Ribbon Bakery will close on January 5, 2012 for conversion to to an indoor seating area for the Carnation Cafe which will also be closed until approximately July 14.

Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor will be closed from January to Spring of 2012 for renovation and the addition of indoor space.

Candy Palace will be closed from January to Spring of 2012 for renovation and the addition of indoor space.

Penny Arcade will be closed for refurbishment through Spring, 2012.

I was thining of gettin in line at 5. 4 Is the earliest. I also won' t have a hotel on the 29th. I won't sacrifice my whole experience for lack of sleep just for ears.
I saw on the poll that a few people want to have breakfast after the park closes. I am up for that. I will have some time to waste before I have to go to the airport. Hopefully we will all have some magical experences to share:)

I don't think I'll be racing to get in right at 6. We're also going no-hotel for the 29th, so any moment of sleep I can get before that will be cherished!

Our flight isn't until 11am on Thursday morning, so maybe we can hit up a breakfast place before the snooze-flight home!

We'll be there if the jetlag doesn't kill us! We have 12-hour time difference XD
All of this sounds awesome! I didn't know about,leap day until yesterday LOL

I already Rsvp through facebook though i chose "attending :maybe" just in case we die of lack of sleep xD
When will you be queuing for the hats? We're thinking 4:30-5 am?!?! Or maybe that would be taking things too far?!? I dont think we'll have problems being awake at that time since here in spain that would be 5pm.

My flight doesn't leave until 11:15 so breakfast sounds great. As for lining up, I always line up an hour before on MM so I thought I would stick with that pattern. Maybe a little arlier if I can't sleep:eek:

My flight doesn't leave until 11:15 so breakfast sounds great. As for lining up, I always line up an hour before on MM so I thought I would stick with that pattern. Maybe a little arlier if I can't sleep:eek:

Well, I think we have California pretty well represented - I'm from Eureka. I will have a hotel room, even for the "wasted" day I won't be sleeping there, but I don't fly out until Friday and I know I'll want to sleep ASAP when the park closes on the 1st. The friend who is meeting me is NOT a morning person, but she says she'll be to the park with me by 5:30am. Thanks for posting the picture of the hat. Nice to know it's not something I HAVE to have.

I'm from San Ramon (about 45 mins from SF) and our plan is to drive down on Feb 28 after my DH gets off work at 3 pm so that should put us down there no later than 11 pm. We do have a hotel room reserved since I have 3 little ones that will need a place to crash even for a few hours. We are going to be driving back home on March 3. The plan for us right now is to get in line about 4:30 am and go as long as we can then send the DH and kids back to the room to sleep and I'll stay solo in the park. After they nap they'll all come back and meet back up with me. Can't wait to see if I can make the whole 24 hours!! Now March 1 is the big question. Who plans on being there at park opening? :rotfl2: Probably not me!!!

I'm wondering...
Say that we (re-enter) the park at 9 pm on febryary 29th, and leave after 2 am on march 1st... Will that already take one day from the hopper pass or two? If we re-enter the park on march 1st will that discount another extra day from the pass? Won't that confuse the machines st the turnstiles?

If I am gonna last all 24 hrs, I need all the sleep I can get! I think we will arrive about 545am. Did I read it correctly though- only certain turnstiles will be offering the hat?! Maybe the other turnstiles will have shorter lines to get in then:)

Here's a good question though. How many lockers are there on Main Street? I am figuring those might go faster than usual for those staying the full 24.

got my return flight changed to the am on the 1st :cool1::cool1:

Anyone know if there is a gas station or something like that on Harbor. I'm staying at the Holiday Day Express on Katella and want to pick a few diet cokes for the day.

I'm so excited for this 24 Disney fest. I'm packing up tomorrow and trying to figure out what snacks and such to take with me. popcorn::

Anyone know if there is a gas station or something like that on Harbor. I'm staying at the Holiday Day Express on Katella and want to pick a few diet cokes for the day.

Good morning!hapfan100!

Just west of your hotel at the corner of Katella and Harbor is a 7-Eleven. That's probably the easiest.

Just a note that we went to Disneyland in December. Security was much more thorough and they let water go through but were asking guests with other drinks to store them in lockers before going thru security. Same goes for pre-made sandwiches. We had slices of bread and slices of cheese in separate bags. They let that go.

Restrictions may be "looser" that day given people intend to stay for 24hrs. But I'm not sure. We're trying to plan accordingly.

See you in the park!

Hi everyone,

We're doing a personal blog of our trip and you can "subscribe" to the page on Facebook - search Bullseye On a Stick, yes, Bullseye On a Stick.

We just designed a tshirt for the event, and uploaded pictures of the front and back to the blog.

Fun times ahead!!

I just did a search for this on facebook and it didn't show up. I copied and pasted what you typed so I don't know what I did wrong. I'm also going to be there with my family for hopefully as much of the 24 hours as possible. I know my DH will be taking our 3 kids back to the hotel to nap throughout the day but I plan on staying when he leaves. I'd love to see someone elses take on the same day that I'm going to be there!!

Hi! We just decided to head down a day early, which lands us driving down on the 29th! I am thinking of getting extra passes just for the 29th so we can go to DL when we get down south.

My dd would be so stoked for that. She won't be able to do late in the park on thursday or friday due to cheer competition on Saturday in California Adventure. But my great mind is thinking that she will already be up....why not head into the park, right???

Hello one and all!!

So happy to have checked in a found a post some meets with fellow Dis'ers!

Seems NorCal is totally represented here! We're flying out of Oakland (from our hometown of Cloverdale) on the 27th. Wisely kept a hotel room for three nights though one is a total waste of $$$ since we plan to be in the park. Anyway, we figured if we didn't keep the room, we couldn't drop into a bed by 9am on the 1st.... our flight back home is scheduled for Friday, March 2nd, so you KNOW we'll be sleeping, sleeping, sleeping. :laughing:

We're game for any kind of meet activity. Love to meet people! We're trying to think of something fun to "blog" about as the day progresses. I've visited (read "stalked") other boards for ideas. Some people are taking pictures with a clock behind them at the top of every hour; some are even planning to ride the Monorail for a full hour!

It'll be me and the hubby - - - a first in the park with no munchkins slowing us down! I can finally shop without hearing "mommy can I have this?" or "I'm hungry". :rotfl:

Nice to "meet" everyone in the virtual world!

Lori and Bryce (PenguinAddict and BigGuppy)

Hi there! I'm from Sonoma. We are heading down Wednesday and leaving on monday after a weekend of Cheer and Disney. :cheer2:

Good morning!hapfan100!

Just west of your hotel at the corner of Katella and Harbor is a 7-Eleven. That's probably the easiest.

Just a note that we went to Disneyland in December. Security was much more thorough and they let water go through but were asking guests with other drinks to store them in lockers before going thru security. Same goes for pre-made sandwiches. We had slices of bread and slices of cheese in separate bags. They let that go.

Restrictions may be "looser" that day given people intend to stay for 24hrs. But I'm not sure. We're trying to plan accordingly.

See you in the park!

AGGGGGGGGG no diet cokes allowed...that might kill me. :scared1: I'm hoping to take two in with me. I brought in diet cokes at every other theme park with no problems.

AGGGGGGGGG no diet cokes allowed...that might kill me. :scared1: I'm hoping to take two in with me. I brought in diet cokes at every other theme park with no problems.

Maybe you ought to try anyway. It's probably only a couple dollars lost if they said no. Worse case, tuck it in your pockets (yes, we've done that when we notice security is turning away food and drinks). popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter