Disneyland Leap Day Meet? Feb. 29

Which meet times would you be interested in? (Choose any)

• 6am - Let's start this party off right!

• 2pm - Check in while we're fresh

• 6pm - 12 hour mark, who's still in?

• 2am - Let the coffee flow!

• 6am - We survived! Let's go get breakfast.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are you going to do anything different or special to memorialize the event?

I love your tee shirt! I'm hoping DL will have some fun merchandise to commemmorate it. We're planning on doing every ride and every show that's available during that 24 hours, even the ones we normally don't ride. I'll be on my own until Tuesday night, so I was thinking about doing the same at DCA but the 24 hours would be 6pm on Monday to 6pm on Tue (and I won't be spending the night!) I would try to do it all on Tuesday so it would be two consecutive days, but Aladdin isn't showing. Which is a long way of saying I'm just going to be totally Disney-nerdy.:woohoo::yay:

I love your tee shirt!

Thank you!!! I just fixed the photos on Bullseyes' page.... shows the back and front now.

Which is a long way of saying I'm just going to be totally Disney-nerdy.:woohoo::yay:

We love Disneyland! Not into Disney knick-knacks... just love the park and the atmosphere. Always feels like I'm going home. Sadly, as many years as we've been passholders, and taken trips there, and cruises and now a DVC member, I could actually have BOUGHT a home. :rotfl:

I would try to do it all on Tuesday so it would be two consecutive days, but Aladdin isn't showing.

I just checked the calendar again, and Aladdin IS showing on Tue, the 28th. I would have sworn when I first started planning my vacation it did not show that it was playing that day.:confused3 So, now I may indulge my nerdiness :rotfl2:and try to do all the rides and shows available on the 28th at DCA, open to close, and then do the same at DL on the 29th.

Maybe you ought to try anyway. It's probably only a couple dollars lost if they said no. Worse case, tuck it in your pockets (yes, we've done that when we notice security is turning away food and drinks). popcorn::

I'm gonna try it and see what happens....I'm sure no matter what happens I'll have a great time ;)

I'm making a list of the rides and such...hoping to see and do everything in both parks.

I've never seen WOC so I thought the picnic option might be fun.

I'm gonna try it and see what happens....I'm sure no matter what happens I'll have a great time ;)

I'm making a list of the rides and such...hoping to see and do everything in both parks.

I've never seen WOC so I thought the picnic option might be fun.

If you need help bringing anything in I'll be more than happy to meet up with you before park opening and let you put it under our stroller. We've always put a few sodas underneath and never had them tell us we can't bring them in.

I've never done the picnic option for WOC but we do love to see it whenever possible!!! We have done the dinner option a few times and really enjoyed it.

I brought Pepsi in in December and had no problems. I had the plastic bottle ones. I'm a pepsi girl. We arrive in the afternoon of the 29th, I can't wait. I'm surprising our 5 year old!

oh noes!
since we're from abroad, we're not inclined to drink tap water... and I myself hate drinking water. I've had problems in the past with perfectly drinkable water from Florida and California. I don't know why but my body just seems to reject it :lmao:
I was planning on getting a sports plastic bottle with diet coke in it. I'm on a strict diet and I can't drink normal coke or cola drinks.
The plastic bottle is opaque, you can't see what's inside unless you get the lid off. Will the security staff turn that away? will they take a sip to see if it's water or not? :rotfl:
I guess I'll leave the bottle at the hotel but it amuses me to think what they would do if I show up with the bottle XD

oh and a dumb question if you don't mind. I might not even consider the bottle thing if Disneyland offers refillable mugs. Do they?

thanks!

I just spoke with Anita at Disney Dining and she said no Fantasmic! Until March 5th. Hope that is not right. I would love to see it late in our LeapDay Celebration.

I just spoke with Anita at Disney Dining and she said no Fantasmic! Until March 5th. Hope that is not right. I would love to see it late in our LeapDay Celebration.

you gotta be kidding! We'll leave on March 5th! And I was at DL in 2001 hoping to see Fantasmic and they took it down because it was October... now you're telling me that I'll miss it again?!

I'm freaking out already!

Update:
I checked the DL page and it says there will be Fantasmic on Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th of March...

I hope Anita isn't right!!! The bad news is that those going only for Leap day will definitely miss Fantasmic! :(

I'm not sure that Disney Dining would have the latest information (or share rumors that haven't been confimred yet).

Besides, March 5th seems like a weird date for it to return...a Monday? :confused3

I modified my post to tell you the info I found through dl.com...

god I hope she's not right!!!

that would be SUCH A HUUUUUUUUUUUGE DISSAPOINTMENT!!!!

really! we'll be travelling for like 24 hours to get there and see Fantasmic this time :(...

I'm about to cry here!!!
really!

:sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1:

oh noes!
since we're from abroad, we're not inclined to drink tap water... and I myself hate drinking water. I've had problems in the past with perfectly drinkable water from Florida and California. I don't know why but my body just seems to reject it :lmao:
I was planning on getting a sports plastic bottle with diet coke in it. I'm on a strict diet and I can't drink normal coke or cola drinks.
The plastic bottle is opaque, you can't see what's inside unless you get the lid off. Will the security staff turn that away? will they take a sip to see if it's water or not? :rotfl:
I guess I'll leave the bottle at the hotel but it amuses me to think what they would do if I show up with the bottle XD

oh and a dumb question if you don't mind. I might not even consider the bottle thing if Disneyland offers refillable mugs. Do they?

thanks!

No refillable mugs, but I've always brought in at least a few sodas, and never had a problem with it. I'd say bring your bottle and see what happens: is the diet you're on medically supervised? That might get it in under the medical needs clause.

No refillable mugs, but I've always brought in at least a few sodas, and never had a problem with it. I'd say bring your bottle and see what happens: is the diet you're on medically supervised? That might get it in under the medical needs clause.

it is, i've got hypothyroidism and I've been on a diet for months because of type II obesity, my diet has the hospital label printed and I have to take medication every day to get my thyroid levels under control.
I'll take my diet plan with me for them to see I guess :)

thanks!

If you need help bringing anything in I'll be more than happy to meet up with you before park opening and let you put it under our stroller. We've always put a few sodas underneath and never had them tell us we can't bring them in.

I've never done the picnic option for WOC but we do love to see it whenever possible!!! We have done the dinner option a few times and really enjoyed it.

thanks for the suggestion of help....I think it'll be ok in the end. I didn't have a problem last year so I think it will be fine again.

I'm looking forward to seeing WOC so I hope it'll be a good time. I'm reading about the fastpasses for it and how to figure out getting the best seats.

thanks for the suggestion of help....I think it'll be ok in the end. I didn't have a problem last year so I think it will be fine again.

I'm looking forward to seeing WOC so I hope it'll be a good time. I'm reading about the fastpasses for it and how to figure out getting the best seats.

Always here to help a fellow Disney Fan. For some who think I hide the soda's, I don't. They are out in plain sight and the only thing that has been said is please make sure they make it into the recycling cans.

We always do the 2nd showing of WOC since it seems to be less crowded than the first. We also line up about 45 min - 1 hour ahead of time and we even did this on our last trip during Christmas week and ended up in the front of our section up against the rail. We put the stroller long ways against the rail (we have a front to back double stroller) and then we stand behind it so our kids can stand in the stroller and still see everything and if they want to sit down they can and still see pretty much the whole show. It makes for a much better experience for all of us so we aren't trying to hold kids or put them on our shoulders which gets very tiring after a whole day touring the parks.

Always here to help a fellow Disney Fan. For some who think I hide the soda's, I don't. They are out in plain sight and the only thing that has been said is please make sure they make it into the recycling cans.

We always do the 2nd showing of WOC since it seems to be less crowded than the first. We also line up about 45 min - 1 hour ahead of time and we even did this on our last trip during Christmas week and ended up in the front of our section up against the rail. We put the stroller long ways against the rail (we have a front to back double stroller) and then we stand behind it so our kids can stand in the stroller and still see everything and if they want to sit down they can and still see pretty much the whole show. It makes for a much better experience for all of us so we aren't trying to hold kids or put them on our shoulders which gets very tiring after a whole day touring the parks.

Thanks for the tips! :thumbsup2 Looks like only one show is listed so far and then after it I could head over to DLP and finish up the 24 hour park time. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter