• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland is a work of love: June 2010 PTR 6/2 p.61 updated itinerary

Food, glorious food :cloud9:

Even though Disneyland doesn’t have near the culinary choices WDW has, I can still manage to find enough variety and gain a few pounds :lmao: We are planning to dine at the following……………….

Disneyland full service:
• Blue Bayou for lunch

DCA full service:
• Wine Country for dinner
• Ariel’s Grotto (WoC scheming) for dinner

GCH full service:
• Storytellers for breakfast, menu not buffet

Disneyland counter service:
• Bengal BBQ
• Plaza Inn

DCA counter service:
• Award Wieners
• Taste Pilot’s Grill
• Pacific Wharf/Lucky Fortune Cookery

GCH counter service:
• White Water Snacks

Because we will have a full kitchen and prefer to make rope drop, most breakfasts will be in our villa.

My favorite must-do snacks include:
• Dark Chocolate rocky road
• Corn dog
• Gibson Girl ice cream
• Popcorn with an icy cold Coca Cola
• Dole Float
• Churros
• Mickey ice-cream bar
• big pickle
• Bur-r-r-r bank ice cream hot fudge sundae
• Chocolate covered strawberries
• Caramel apples

Here! Late, but here! :thumbsup2 Can't wait! These are my original Disney stompin grounds, this is were I cut my first Disney teeth if you will. :goodvibes :laughing:

Okay, done reading. Everything looks great! I miss DL. :cloud9: And IASW in DL is one of my favs. too. :goodvibes You can't beat most of DL over MK's rides in my opinion. I love MK, but not near as much as I love DL. :lovestruc, we need to get back there, it's been like 8 years since the last time we were there! :scared:

I don't like posting on the DL thread, they don't allow you to use fun colors for your font. :sad2:

Beautiful kiddos by the way!! :thumbsup2

Here! Late, but here! :thumbsup2 Can't wait! These are my original Disney stompin grounds, this is were I cut my first Disney teeth if you will. :goodvibes :laughing:

Okay, done reading. Everything looks great! I miss DL. :cloud9: And IASW in DL is one of my favs. too. :goodvibes You can't beat most of DL over MK's rides in my opinion. I love MK, but not near as much as I love DL. :lovestruc, we need to get back there, it's been like 8 years since the last time we were there! :scared:

I don't like posting on the DL thread, they don't allow you to use fun colors for your font. :sad2:

Beautiful kiddos by the way!! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Not late at all Camille, just started yesterday. I agree that Disneyland is pure magic! pixiedust: It's my old stomping ground too- grew up in Cypress. Are you from the OC?

:welcome: and thanks for reading!!!!

Enjoying your TR, it's making me hungry! Maybe I missed this but why aren't you staying at the Grand your first night?

Those corn dogs are HUGE, you sure that's a snack item?

Enjoying your TR, it's making me hungry! Maybe I missed this but why aren't you staying at the Grand your first night?

:welcome:

The points for a 2 bedroom villa for Friday/Sat night are 80. :faint: It's only costing me 225 points total for Sun-Thurs night. I can't swallow spending 80 points on one night. :blush: We won't arrive til 7 pm and our Deluxe APs are blocked that Saturday so there are 2 more reasons to stay at either the PPH or HoJo. We like the PPH better than the DLH but I am thinking the kids would dig the new HoJo pool too since they will be spending their evening swimming.

Those corn dogs are HUGE, you sure that's a snack item?

I might be small but I can put away the food. :laughing: But really, I will probably share with my middle DD who eats like a bird.

I want a corn dog real bad. It was nice seeing you on my crazy pre=trip report.:cutie:

:welcome: Good to have you. To house swap, you'd have to come to Utah. In 2011 we are hoping to do a Hanukkah/Chloe's bday/Christmas extravaganza with 16 days in WDW at the THV/SSR. :wizard: We'll see as I have a bat mitzvah to pay for next Feb. ;) Would love to do the cruise but don't see it in the cards.

And Derek, I love that you joined the madness here. I wish I could get my DH to do the same!!!! You have the cutest family too.
Thanks for the comps on the kiddies. As I posted on Jordy's TR, they're:littleangel: when they're good and they're :furious: when they're bad....

My bad about AZ, I must have had a brain freeze since we love Scottsdale and use our Starwood timeshare points at the Westin Kierland Villas. That's cool that you're DVC members too...that's how we got started into timeshares and now we're multiple timeshare owners (DVC and SVO - Starwood Vacation Owners):scared1:

I want a corn dog real bad. It was nice seeing you on my crazy pre=trip report.:cutie:

I want one too. Thank goodness there isn't a little red corndog cart near my house. ;) Your report is fun, lots of cool people, I really like Kelly. I have read some of her stuff too.

Thanks for the comps on the kiddies. As I posted on Jordy's TR, they're:littleangel: when they're good and they're :furious: when they're bad....

My bad about AZ, I must have had a brain freeze since we love Scottsdale and use our Starwood timeshare points at the Westin Kierland Villas. That's cool that you're DVC members too...that's how we got started into timeshares and now we're multiple timeshare owners (DVC and SVO - Starwood Vacation Owners):scared1:

I can see owning timeshares getting addicting- the travel possibilities are endless!!! I am jonesing to add on 50 points at the GCV. :hyper: Can you trade the Starwood into Disney if you needed more points? Where is your DVC home resort?

I :lovestruc AZ. Our good friends moved from Utah to AZ and they love it. I love the hear though. Not sure how I ended up here in Utah. :upsidedow Can't wait to meet Jordan, I already feel like I have known him forevah!

I can see owning timeshares getting addicting- the travel possibilities are endless!!! I am jonesing to add on 50 points at the GCV. :hyper: Can you trade the Starwood into Disney if you needed more points? Where is your DVC home resort?

I :lovestruc AZ. Our good friends moved from Utah to AZ and they love it. I love the hear though. Not sure how I ended up here in Utah. :upsidedow Can't wait to meet Jordan, I already feel like I have known him forevah!

Yeah, we're timeshare nuts....with DVC we own at Wilderness Lodge & Vero Beach (I wasn't sure which acronyms folks use I think it's WLR and DVB)...I'm not sure how successful Starwood can be traded for Disney since you have to go through Interval International but we can use Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG for short, i.e., hotel points after conversion from time share points) at the Anaheim Sheraton which I hear from my in-laws is a nice hotel near the DL property or stay at the Sheraton Vistana in Orlando (but is off property). With Starwood, we own in Maui (every other year), Cancun (every other year) and Rancho Mirage (near Palm Springs) (every year). Thus, we've got plenty of maintenance fees to pay off.....:scared1:

I want one too. Thank goodness there isn't a little red corndog cart near my house. ;) Your report is fun, lots of cool people, I really like Kelly. I have read some of her stuff too.

I like Kelly too. We have a nonsense thread that a bunch of us visit on if you are interested. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2376343 Kelly, her mom and a bunch of cool people visit it.

Yeah, we're timeshare nuts....with DVC we own at Wilderness Lodge & Vero Beach (I wasn't sure which acronyms folks use I think it's WLR and DVB)...I'm not sure how successful Starwood can be traded for Disney since you have to go through Interval International but we can use Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG for short, i.e., hotel points after conversion from time share points) at the Anaheim Sheraton which I hear from my in-laws is a nice hotel near the DL property or stay at the Sheraton Vistana in Orlando (but is off property). With Starwood, we own in Maui (every other year), Cancun (every other year) and Rancho Mirage (near Palm Springs) (every year). Thus, we've got plenty of maintenance fees to pay off.....:scared1:

The Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous! never been to Vero Beach but it looks like fun. Maui, Cancun, and Palm Springs? :thumbsup2 I know I am older but can you adopt me? Maybe you need a nanny? :laughing: I would love to buy either more Disney points or one of the other timeshares- resale might be the way to go. The maintenance fees are killer but SO worth it. Buying DVC was one of the smartest things we have done for our family. :wizard:

I like Kelly too. We have a nonsense thread that a bunch of us visit on if you are interested. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2376343 Kelly, her mom and a bunch of cool people visit it.

:goodvibes Thanks! I will have to check it out.

So today I get to try and call for Wine Country again. Some folks here on the DIS are saying they are able to make PS there but I have spoken with 2 CMs prior to today who say the system won't let them in until they have a solid re-opening date. :upsidedow

No Wine Country PS allowed yet. This is the 3rd CM to confirm this.

On another note, the CM did confirm there would be WoC preferred seating at AG, similar to F! in nature. :thumbsup2

No Wine Country PS allowed yet. This is the 3rd CM to confirm this.

On another note, the CM did confirm there would be WoC preferred seating at AG, similar to F! in nature. :thumbsup2

That's too bad about the PS, but the WoC preferred seating may be the only way to comfortably see it during our trips there.

That's too bad about the PS, but the WoC preferred seating may be the only way to comfortably see it during our trips there.

I am thinking you are right. :goodvibes

I spoke to the CM about making BB PS tomorrow and she said to make sure to call right at 7 am PST. She also said for a party of 11 we'd have to split to get waterside at 11:30 otherwise we'd have to take an 11:40 PS not waterside.

I am thinking you are right. :goodvibes

I spoke to the CM about making BB PS tomorrow and she said to make sure to call right at 7 am PST. She also said for a party of 11 we'd have to split to get waterside at 11:30 otherwise we'd have to take an 11:40 PS not waterside.

Oh I would so be on the phone at exactly 7am because I have done this before. BB fills up faster than anywhere else.

The Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous! never been to Vero Beach but it looks like fun. Maui, Cancun, and Palm Springs? :thumbsup2 I know I am older but can you adopt me? Maybe you need a nanny? :laughing: I would love to buy either more Disney points or one of the other timeshares- resale might be the way to go. The maintenance fees are killer but SO worth it. Buying DVC was one of the smartest things we have done for our family. :wizard:
We're always open to nanny care for the kids so we may take you up on it :rotfl2: But definitely the resale market has its pros and cons. My co-worker bought an every year unit for $3,000 at our timeshare in Rancho Mirage by Palm Springs and was able to trade it for two weeks at another Westin property in AZ. Thus, her investment will pay itself off in two trips! The downside is that resale units can't be converted into hotel points like ours can since we bought directly from Starwood.

Also we purchased Vero Beach to augment our Wilderness Lodge points. One strategy we used was to bank and borrow points to cover villa stays for family during WDW trips and then used their payment to us to buy additional DVC points. The trick when adding DVC points is to make sure they line up in the same use period otherwise, you can't use all of your points at the same time.:confused3

:rotfl:Me too!! Good luck!!

:lmao: Great minds think alike!

We're always open to nanny care for the kids so we may take you up on it :rotfl2: But definitely the resale market has its pros and cons. My co-worker bought an every year unit for $3,000 at our timeshare in Rancho Mirage by Palm Springs and was able to trade it for two weeks at another Westin property in AZ. Thus, her investment will pay itself off in two trips! The downside is that resale units can't be converted into hotel points like ours can since we bought directly from Starwood.

Also we purchased Vero Beach to augment our Wilderness Lodge points. One strategy we used was to bank and borrow points to cover villa stays for family during WDW trips and then used their payment to us to buy additional DVC points. The trick when adding DVC points is to make sure they line up in the same use period otherwise, you can't use all of your points at the same time.:confused3

Good tip on having the same use year. I am thinking along the same lines and the problem is that the maintenance fees for the GCV are very high compared to the others. It might be smarter to do what you did and look into Vero or Hilton Head. My home is SSR, which my husband loves, so even booking at the 7 month with the new points shouldn't be a problem. :idea:

You sort of answered another question about charging family/friends. I am on a waitlist for my friend for a GCV Studio for 2 nights in June- she wants to meet us at Disneyland and I don't mind using my points but I am having to borrow for her stay. I will charge her $10 a point if the wait comes through ($340) which seems like a steal and she happily agreed to. She couldn't look at even a regular hotel room at the GVC for $170 a night including tax and resort fee. It feels like a win/win but curious on your thoughts as far as charging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter