Disneyland is a work of love: June 2010 PTR 6/2 p.61 updated itinerary

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
Disneyland IS a work of love!

Hey there, hi there, ho there…………….you really are as :welcome: as can be. :teeth: I have been tossing the idea of a pre-trippie that will cocoon into a full trip report and finally decided to take the plunge. We have been going to Disneyland since the kids were wee infants (longer for DH and me).

Last October we took a VERY spur of the moment trip to Disneyland/DCA. DH suggested we add Disneyland on to the tail end of a trip we took to AZ to visit friends. Who in their right Disney lovin’ mind would say no to that? Not I! We own DVC at SSR in WDW :cloud9: and DH literally mentioned this like 3 weeks before heading to AZ so of course there wasn’t availability at the GCV so we stayed at the Anaheim Hilton Garden Inn. :scared: Never again. Having said that we bought 3 days park hoppers and upgraded one magical evening post fireworks. pixiedust: It was one of those magical moments when all is right with the world: warm fall breeze, amazing fireworks, and bam- DH agrees to APs. :woohoo: Here are some pics from that trip:

DH and me on ART:
IMG_2031.jpg

Kids on ART:
IMG_2030.jpg

All dressed for Fall:
IMG_2033.jpg

The girls. Notice Chloe’s Yeti from EE at WDW:
IMG_2036.jpg

The five of us. ::yes:: My son had looong hair:
IMG_2039.jpg

Best layover ever!
IMG_2063.jpg

DH and me on my very favorite attraction, IASW:
IMG_2066.jpg

Fireworks:
IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

Never too old for Dumbo:
IMG_2114.jpg

My hearts:
IMG_2152.jpg

Ears!!!!
IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

I could go on and on with the photos. Really.

The cast includes myself, DH, DD (13), DD (11), DS (8), and DD (13)'s BFF, along with 2 sets of friends and their children- so at times there will be 15 of us. We are caravanning with one set of friends and the other are our AZ friends who will meet us there.

The plan for our family: GCV 2 bedroom from June 13-June 18, 2010. :lovestruc

Next up: the tentative itineray and how in the heck can I plan without posted hours??? :surfweb: :laughing:

Hi! I came over from Jordan's trip report. Can't wait to read a Disneyland trip report! Great photos!

hizzle to the yeah! :cool1:

:lmao: Fa sho! Tell me about it! One of these days we'll take the cruise plunge.

I'm signing on!

I'm new to the Disneyland threads, where's the registration desk for this place?

:goodvibes Yay Glenn! There is not nearly the planning for Disneyland like there is WDW but hopefully enough to keep reading. The registration desk is by the real Tiki Room. ;)

Hi! I came over from Jordan's trip report. Can't wait to read a Disneyland trip report! Great photos!

:welcome: Thanks!

okay here now!!!!

:hug: My BFAM! You like me, you really like me. I haven't got to the itinerary but I am wondering which day is best for you between Wed/Thurs/Friday morning to meet and will you have access into the parks?

Friday...and I think I can get access to the park...

Cool. We are leaving by like 4 that day unless I can finagle another night but the GCV are 80 points for a 2 bedroom :faint: on the weekends and I am NOT spending that. Michael (DH for those who don't know) doesn't want to move all of our stuff after packing it all up for an addditional night but I haven't given up hope. There should be Magic Morning that day which means the park will open at 8 am. :woohoo: I am super excited to finally be meeting you- so is Jenna.

And if you cannot get access, we could chill in DTD for lunch or something. :)

On the road again........................

We have always driven/drove to Disneyland. Always. Always. I hate to fly. Hate it. With 6 of us this trip and wanting to have our vehicle (Ford Expedition) driving is a must. I love the whole process; the snacks, movies, Disney music, and In n Out once we hit Vegas. Plus our friends are driving to Utah from PA for 2days before heading to Anaheim. :grouphug: Belive it or not we met our friends right here on the DIS. Well I really met Jenna on Mouseplanet but we decided to meet meet after posting lots here in the WDW section. And imagine this will be our 3rd Disney vacation together and the 2nd time they've come to Utah to visit. Funnest people ever!

Currently we have reservations for 3 different places for 6/12 depending on what we ultimately decide. Originally we were planning on driving from Utah to Mesquite, Nevada on 6/12, staying the night, and hitting the road crack-**** early the morning of 6/13 and heading to Disneyland plannign to be to the parks by 3 pm. Through days of endless searching, I have come to realize that June 13-18 will be uber busy. Between WoC, grad nights, and no AP block out dates 6/14 and 6/15, we are going to need those extra 8 hours on 6/13 for park fun.

For 6/12 I have rooms booked at the Casablanca resort in Mesquite. www.casablancaresort.com Mesquite is like a teeny tiny intsy wintsy Vegas but 100x easier to navigate especially for one night. The Casablanca has a great pool and the rooms are only $99 for a Saturday night. :thumbsup2 Mesquite is about 45 minutes from Vegas. I am keeping this reservation until the 48* in case we decide not to drive straight through from Utah. Utah to Anaheim usually takes us about 11 hours. That's only 5 Disney movies away if one is Mary Poppins. :laughing:

But for now, the plan is to drive straight through leaving SLC at 7 am and arriving in Anaheim at 7 pm. I am giving an extra hour because we have such a large party.

I have reservations for 6/12 in Anaheim at both the HoJo and the PPH. The PPH is only $50 more per night so I am hoping a better HoJo rate comes out. Right now I am using the 20% off AP rate. I have been dying to try the HoJo's new pool area since they started construction a few years ago. The pics look fabulous and since our Deluxe APs are blocked all Saturdays in June- a good pool is paramount. The plan is to drop the kids and men at whatever hotel (after stuffing ourselves with In n Out) and then Jenna and I will head to the grocery store to stock up for the week at the GCVs.

www.hojoanaheim.com for the HoJo
www.disneyland.com for the PPH

More to come..............................

Everything looks good. I think at only $50 more a night I might be tempted to stay at PHP, it isn't as far to move.

I'm late to the game but am officially here (my first non-Jordan TR to officially join). The irony is, we're always heading from LA to AZ but haven't renewed our APs...while you're coming from AZ to LA......maybe we should house swap?:rotfl2:

P.S. Love the pics..are you doing the Alaska cruise in 2011?

Everything looks good. I think at only $50 more a night I might be tempted to stay at PHP, it isn't as far to move.

That's what I am thinking too however, we aren't really planning on unpacking much that first night. I will pack a seperate bag with jammies and clothes for the next day. We'll have to drive from either hotel to the GCV regardless to park for the week. :upsidedow I am hoping for a better HoJo rate. :hyper:

I'm late to the game but am officially here (my first non-Jordan TR to officially join). The irony is, we're always heading from LA to AZ but haven't renewed our APs...while you're coming from AZ to LA......maybe we should house swap?:rotfl2:

P.S. Love the pics..are you doing the Alaska cruise in 2011?

:welcome: Good to have you. To house swap, you'd have to come to Utah. In 2011 we are hoping to do a Hanukkah/Chloe's bday/Christmas extravaganza with 16 days in WDW at the THV/SSR. :wizard: We'll see as I have a bat mitzvah to pay for next Feb. ;) Would love to do the cruise but don't see it in the cards.

And Derek, I love that you joined the madness here. I wish I could get my DH to do the same!!!! You have the cutest family too.

Here's one more PeepFest reader popping in from Jordan's TR... :laughing:

BTW, I have always loved your screen name! It's so clever... what is the story behind it?

Kathy

Although Disney has not posted their hours, I thought I would share my very tentative itinerary. This is subject to change without notice and based on us driving straight through on 6/12. :confused3

Saturday 6/12:
  • Leave Utah by 7 am, drive through to Anaheim, check into the HoJo or PPH, drop men and kids, swim, and grocery shop.

Sunday 6/13: DL: 8-mid DCA: 10-10
• Check out of hotel (either PPH or HoJo) and check into GCV, drop luggage and groceries and high tail it to Disneyland for rope drop. They may have MM in which case we'll need to be to Disneyland by 6:30 am. :laughing:
• Disneyland all day. :cloud9:
• Depending on how the whole WoC is going to work, we may have to run over for a "show ticket" for later that night.
• Ariel's Grotto for dinner at 7:50 party of 11, patio seating. See the method to this madness. :rolleyes1 If the WoC is showing at 9 pm, we will drag the meal to able to see the show. Now if DCA does a preferred dining at AG for WoC they might try to kick us out right before the show. :laughing: If that's the case then we will do the AG preferred dining. :angel:
• Back to Disneyland from 10ish to midnight, love those last 2 hours in the park

Monday 6/14: DL: 8-mid DCA: 10-10
• DCA by 9:15 for rope drop
• DCA all day- Wine Country for dinner
• Disneyland after DCA closes if we can handle it

Tuesday 6/15: DL: (8) 9-mid DCA:10-10
• Disneyland by (6:30 am S.S.) 7:30 for MM at 8 am (7 am)
• Blue Bayou at 11:30 am.
• F! at night if playing Or Fireworks if not showing grad nights.

Wednesday 6/16: DL: 8-9 DCA 10-6 Grad night
• Storyteller’s at 8 am
• DCA for rope drop til about 2:00
• Disneyland for 3:00 parade til close
• Fireworks

Thursday 6/17: DL; (9) 8-9 DCA 10-6 Grad night
• Disneyland by 7:30 (8:30) for (9 am) 8 am opening til about 2ish
• DCA 2:30- close
• Back to Disneyland til closing at 9 pm
• Pack up

Friday 6/18: DL: (9) 8-mid DCA: 10-9
• Disneyland by (8:30) 7:30 for MM at (8 am) 7 am til 10:30
  • Jordan
• 11 am check out of DVC/pack car
• Possibly seeing Toy Story 3 in DTD or go to Disneyland or DCA til about 3 pm
• Head to Mesquite for the night

Not sure how many mid-afternoon breaks we’ll take due to having such a limited time.

Any and all questions/comments/concerns are welcome. :goodvibes

Initially we wanted to also dine at Carnation Cafe but I cannot find a place to put it. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter