Disneyland Hotel or Hyatt House?

I'd take a parking lot view at DLH for $300/night. I'm booked at the Hyatt House for my next trip because it's $500 for the parking lot view at DLH and I can stay at Hyatt house on points - it does look nice but I've been dreaming of staying at DLH for the early entry & pool/water slides alone. So jealous. have a great trip.

The Disneyland Hotel is the correct choice here. There should be no debate. $50/night is nothing.

I would argue that $250/night for a Hyatt House is robbery.

I'm certainly looking forward to this trip then! I h
I'd take a parking lot view at DLH for $300/night. I'm booked at the Hyatt House for my next trip because it's $500 for the parking lot view at DLH and I can stay at Hyatt house on points - it does look nice but I've been dreaming of staying at DLH for the early entry & pool/water slides alone. So jealous. have a great trip.

Thanks! And for those who asked, this rate is only available to Disney travel agents actively selling Disney Vacations who have graduated from the Disney college of knowledge and have an active CLIA or IATA membership. Also a free one day park hopper ticket doesn't hurt either.

As for Magic morning- you can get that with a 3 day ticket without a hotel stay- and from what I've heard it doesn't do much for you vs arriving at rope drop.

I can't wait until we check in DLH on Monday. I'm going to request adventure or fantasy tower!

Magic Morning/Early Entry does make a difference, especially during the busy times when the parks open @8am, the MM/EE starts @7am. Many would rather sleep. Have a great time!!

Magic Morning for the 3+ day tickets is for Disneyland only, one time......and yes, it is more crowded, but still.....not as crowded as it is going to get as the day wears on......always good to take advantage of the morning hours to get lots done (the earlier the better!!!!)
And the Early Morning Hours at DCA are only for DLR Hotel guests and soooo very nice!!

We think Magic Mornings are so worth it. We so enjoy being in the parks during those early times when there are far less visitors. We are able to get almost everything in we want to ride before taking a late breakfast and returning to the hotel for a break. If I had to try and stay in the parks during the busy afternoons it would ruin our trip because we would all be grouchy due to all the people. I would even pay extra for the early mornings......I can't understand those that don't think it's worth it. I guess if you're not early riser than maybe you wouldn't like it.

We think Magic Mornings are so worth it. We so enjoy being in the parks during those early times when there are far less visitors. We are able to get almost everything in we want to ride before taking a late breakfast and returning to the hotel for a break. If I had to try and stay in the parks during the busy afternoons it would ruin our trip because we would all be grouchy due to all the people. I would even pay extra for the early mornings......I can't understand those that don't think it's worth it. I guess if you're not early riser than maybe you wouldn't like it.
Ok, follow up question to my previous follow up question: would you still pay for DLH if it is a "slower"/"less crowded" time of year? Would it make it even more worth it to you since the parks open later? In light of supposed increase in ride efficiency with maxpass, would you still choose DLH for the extra magic hour?

You will NOT regret staying at the DLH. The one time I stayed there, we got upgraded to a room in the Adventure tower that had a straight-on view of the "Disneyland" sign and monorail slide over the pool, and it was really special, especially when it was lit up at night. I also love the "campus" of the hotel -- there are a bunch of seating areas tucked into nooks and crannies around the pools and Trader Sam's, and it was nice to linger outside with coffee in the morning or by the outdoor fire place at night. (Plus, so many great food and drink options!)

I am really excited about the idea of staying at the Disneyland Hotel- something I never thought I would have the opportunity to experience. However, a lot of the reviews point to the fact that it is overpriced for what you get with poor service and is not all that convenient to the parks.

What has been your experience with the Disneyland Hotel? Would you stay there again?

Ok, follow up question to my previous follow up question: would you still pay for DLH if it is a "slower"/"less crowded" time of year? Would it make it even more worth it to you since the parks open later? In light of supposed increase in ride efficiency with maxpass, would you still choose DLH for the extra magic hour?

You answered your own question in the line I bolded from your quote. Stay there on your trip and enjoy it!

I've stayed at the DLH once. I'd love to stay there again. The rate for my next trip is nearly $600/night before tax for a standard room. I'm staying on Harbor Boulevard instead, which is fine, but it's not the same!

I would absolutely stay there for the $300ish/night price that you're getting. If the parks are less crowded than expected, that frees up time in your itinerary to take advantage of the fantastic pool area that the DLH has! I would still take advantage of Early Entry and get the headliners out of the way (or extra rides on them) and then I'd have more time to watch the Disneyland Band or the Dapper Dans, etc...

100%. We loved the Disneyland Hotel and I don't think there really is a slow period anymore but even on the slowest of days I would still use early entry/magic mornings.

When we have taken guest with us they look at us like we are crazy wanting to be in the parks first thing, until they see how much you can get done, and after the first day they are in agreement that it's the best way to do it.

Op, Sorry for hijacking your post; your post got me interested in staying onsite. Now to find extra $1300 or so needed to stay at DLH... or the compromise... PP....

As everyone else has said...YES, stay at the DLH! No question! Also, take advantage of the Early Entry, you will get alot done, especially on the DCA days as its only available to hotel guests.

Also, be aware that Sun/Wed/Fri in the month of August, resort hotel guests can ride Guardians for an hour after the park closes.

Just for some perspective here...my sister called me yesterday to tell me she booked her family first trip to WDW (she has been MANY times, but this will be her husband and kids first). Yay! Exciting!

I asked her where they were staying. She said "We got a great deal at the Caribbean Beach in a preferred room for only $238/night!" (Yikes!)

I then informed her about the MASSIVE construction going on there, the "food court tent", the lack of main building, etc. I helped her rebook at the French Quarter instead and she actually saved $300 on the package. She was glad I told her about the construction because she interpreted Disney's note as "a couple restaurants are closed but that's no big deal." She had NO idea the scope of what is happening. Can you imagine the impression that would have left on her husband? He would never want to go back.

So here is Disney, charging almost $250/night to stay in, essentially a construction zone. And you have the opportunity to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for only $50 more per night! Mind boggling.

Hope you fully enjoy the DLH! We love it! We use the military discount and pay around $300/night too. Actually, last time we paid $269/night for a standard room and got magically upgraded to a suite on the top of the Fantasy Tower! It was my son's 11th birthday and it was awesome!

Stay at the DLH! It's the most magical of the Disney hotels and my personal favorite. That's such a great price!! You can use the monorail when it's running, and it's not that far on foot either. The hotel also has great dining in Steakhouse 55 (and its lounge), there's Goofy's Kitchen for the kiddos, plus Trader Sam's and Tangaroa Terrace. And... Dole Whips with rum!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter