Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

After a horrendous harbor security line that I only got through in 20 minutes due to some strategic slipping through lines…

The castle photo line was cut off! I can’t make this up yall.

Just temporarily for the band I think, but still, fitting for this race weekend :rotfl:

God I hate security lines... rundisney get your act together. That was ridiculous.... I am soo grumpy. I am trying not to be but going through security three times can get u that way....esp with the super long security line to go through Disneyland springs just to get to my hotel.

That's a really long way to get back to your hotel 👀...

Sorry 😅. Couldn't help myself.

You summed up my feelings exactly. I’m also judging this from the later corrals which were very crowded and really needed waves to prevent some of the issues like the mile 3 crowd crush. Just generally not a great experience for the money compared to MW which is a shame because the park time I had was indescribably better.
I got SO much happier after we got onto the streets. The parks part was just disappointment after disappointment.

Thanks, photopass—these are great! Eyes closed, getting Mike Wazowski’d, getting overshadowed by a twit who stopped to screw with her phone right after the photographer, and finally, my angry face at the twit (who can be seen in the background, still screwing around with her phone)
IMG_0247.jpeg

I did manage a good finisher shot today though
IMG_6776.jpeg

Why haven’t we started yet?
Ftr even up front there was zero communication on this. I realized something was off when I looked at my watch at 4:56 with two minutes until our start and we hadn’t started the anthem,

Best guess is a car got on the course where they weren’t supposed too and it took a while to get them safely off. This happened before on one of the race weekends.

I don’t even think all the staff knew what was going on. Because they had collected our Mylars for the start. And then they started handing them out again. I’m guessing because they weren’t sure how long we’re
Got to Dumbo 27 minutes after B started and the line was closed—it wasn’t even long!
I think they cut it off a while before you got there. Because it was definitely long when I went past. It was all the way to the entrance to the street area.

I wanted to stop but with the delayed start I wasn’t sure when the balloons were going to come through and I didn’t have a strong sense of where we were in the pack so I kept going.
Mile 3 water stop is insane

Rundisney get your shh together
View attachment 825734
I managed to clear here before the stop. But I remember here was when I said ‘oh this was definitely a choice someone made’ and not a smart one.
Honda Center parking lot > Blizzard Beach parking lot
I was just happy that we didn’t have to be on the trail as long.
Is this how RunDisney works? I run the 5k, barely survive the 10k (which was my first 10k ever) and then have massive FOMO for the half marathon which I absolutely would not have been able to finish (this year)?!

Was able to watch the top 2 finish from my hotel room. Interesting that they had them running up clementine and then taking a left on to Disney way (like up the road that we went through security) instead of taking Disney way the whole time like I saw later runners doing when we left the hotel around 7.
yep
Did they mess up corral placing for people? My friend who is there running the half said he was in corral D. He was in A for the marathon last weekend. He sent me a text that he has no idea why he was in D.
I saw a person post yesterday with a C for the 10 and a g for the 1/2

Security was at least faster this morning. Going to be interesting to see what the 25 course looks like because I think rD realized for the first time that Santa Ana is not exactly the safest for wheelchairs. Like I got missed unfortunately but they were sending bikes to get us through that section because it was so steep and narrow. And that’s not even stating on me nearly crashing in two runners (not their fault necessarily just a tough spot) on the sharp turn coming into Angels. Either we’re getting more bikes next year or something with the course is going to change I suspect. Because I was supposed to have a bike with me for Santa Ana I found out after. And I think they lost track of temporarily in the chaos

It happens.

On the other hand i had someone who could hear me (I know because he waved after). And did zero things while I was trying to navigate the tight turns in the parking lot. I was yelling rather specifically at him to move and nope

Thank god we weren’t on the downhill because this genius could have ended both of our races.

There were more swear words flying from me today. Not because I enjoy them but I realized that apparently it surprises more people than being polite enough into moving. Not the optimal way to get people’s attention. But if it works I suppose

Other things unrelated to runner etiquette the down button on the elevator not working trying to get down to the lower level of garden walk this morning. Eventually just summoned it with the up button. But I was wondering if I was about to have a repeat of yesterday. Thankfully no

I was worried about how quick they would send the balloons out with the delayed start so I only ended up actually stopping once for Joy

It was nice meeting so many of yall on the course and when hanging around after.

I’m still planning to come back for Halloween. Figure they’ll smooth out the kinks from this weekend. Maybe see some of y’all there.

DDD completed!

Soaking my feet and legs (epsom salt is like a miracle for me honestly). Will go to the parks in a bit after I clean up.

1000003381.jpg

I really need to redo his Oswald ears 😅. They got crushed at some point and never recovered.

Also belated half marathon fit check (plus bonus cat wondering why I'm taking photos and not feeding her in her very full dish, but it was missing her catnip treats she wanted 🙄):

1000003378.jpg

1000003382.jpg

Thanks, photopass—these are great! Eyes closed, getting Mike Wazowski’d, getting overshadowed by a twit who stopped to screw with her phone right after the photographer, and finally, my angry face at the twit (who can be seen in the background, still screwing around with her phone)
View attachment 825817

I did manage a good finisher shot today though
View attachment 825820
Cute costume though.

Ftr even up front there was zero communication on this. I realized something was off when I looked at my watch at 4:56 with two minutes until our start and we hadn’t started the anthem,

Best guess is a car got on the course where they weren’t supposed too and it took a while to get them safely off. This happened before on one of the race weekends.

I don’t even think all the staff knew what was going on. Because they had collected our Mylars for the start. And then they started handing them out again. I’m guessing because they weren’t sure how long we’re

I think they cut it off a while before you got there. Because it was definitely long when I went past. It was all the way to the entrance to the street area.

I wanted to stop but with the delayed start I wasn’t sure when the balloons were going to come through and I didn’t have a strong sense of where we were in the pack so I kept going.

I managed to clear here before the stop. But I remember here was when I said ‘oh this was definitely a choice someone made’ and not a smart one.

yep

Security was at least faster this morning. Going to be interesting to see what the 25 course looks like because I think rD realized for the first time that Santa Ana is not exactly the safest for wheelchairs. Like I got missed unfortunately but they were sending bikes to get us through that section because it was so steep and narrow. And that’s not even stating on me nearly crashing in two runners (not their fault necessarily just a tough spot) on the sharp turn coming into Angels. Either we’re getting more bikes next year or something with the course is going to change I suspect. Because I was supposed to have a bike with me for Santa Ana I found out after. And I think they lost track of temporarily in the chaos

It happens.

On the other hand i had someone who could hear me (I know because he waved after). And did zero things while I was trying to navigate the tight turns in the parking lot. I was yelling rather specifically at him to move and nope

Thank god we weren’t on the downhill because this genius could have ended both of our races.

There were more swear words flying from me today. Not because I enjoy them but I realized that apparently it surprises more people than being polite enough into moving. Not the optimal way to get people’s attention. But if it works I suppose

Other things unrelated to runner etiquette the down button on the elevator not working trying to get down to the lower level of garden walk this morning. Eventually just summoned it with the up button. But I was wondering if I was about to have a repeat of yesterday. Thankfully no

I was worried about how quick they would send the balloons out with the delayed start so I only ended up actually stopping once for Joy

It was nice meeting so many of yall on the course and when hanging around after.

I’m still planning to come back for Halloween. Figure they’ll smooth out the kinks from this weekend. Maybe see some of y’all there.
When I hit that down and up dip on the trail I was like “oh, those poor RollDisney folks are gonna hate this! Who picked this spot?!”

Agreed! I was So bummed Pirate goofy was a selfie. I wasn't Stopping because the lines were long and I was like Ive seem all these people in the park. I dod Stop for Pete because my kids were Mickey Mouse Clubhouse kids and I suspected it was the last character stop.
Am I nuts, need to get my eyes checked, or was I just too sleep deprived this morning to realize it was Pirate Goofy? (Multiple could be true.)

I could've sworn it was regular Goofy when I got there which is why I bailed at the no Photopass.

When I hit that down and up dip on the trail I was like “oh, those poor RollDisney folks are gonna hate this! Who picked this spot?!”
The second one was the worst because you can’t tell that there’s a sharp drastic drop. So you think it’s a gentle slope. Than book sharp angle downhill

After a horrendous harbor security line that I only got through in 20 minutes due to some strategic slipping through lines…

The castle photo line was cut off! I can’t make this up yall.

Just temporarily for the band I think, but still, fitting for this race weekend :rotfl:
I think it was, they’re doing Mary Poppins Dance Party now. Was VERY cute. I hope you can get your picture!

IMG_2519.jpeg

yep

It happens.

Omg I saw so many more issues today than yesterday.

One runner in the esplanade saw her friends, squealed, came to a sudden dead stop on the left side, and started jumping. WITH PEOPLE RUNNING RIGHT BEHIND HER.

She almost caused me to face plant.

I will give credit that she apologized and seemed embarrassed after when she was told she almost caused an accident. I asked her to please be more mindful of runners around her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter