Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Based on the above we’ll see if our 10k/HM meet location might be in that kids area. So we will see.

That looks like it is down Main Street so meeting at the Christmas store at the end of Main at 4am might not work. We will see.

We will just have to wing it! Some of us have met before, so we'll just keep a look out for each other and try to form a group. I'm bringing my sign and here's my flat me, in case you spot me. I'm about 5 feet tall with short hair!

20240111_181211.jpg

Finally got to the expo at 7. Got through everything including merch in less than 20 minutes! It was incredibly quiet.

Good luck to all the 5k runners! I plan to be at the meetup before the half. Tomorrow is our marathon park day but I will try to get to tortilla joes for a drink if I can convince my non runner DW to step out of the parks for 30-60 minutes.

IMG_5883.jpeg

Someone shared this to a group I’m in thought it would be good to pass along. Correctly called G is the biggest at 3000

Posting again because I noticed when looking at the map this looks suspiciously like could be character photo stop IMG_5883.jpeg

So does that mean if we beat the 3:30 time we will not have to go through security? Or we have to wait till 3:30 to be able to walk through.
Ah that’s a great question. I didn’t ask, but he made it seem like I wouldn’t be able to get through if I wanted to go earlier.

Again, it’s totally possible he’s wrong and they’re there earlier or open earlier if there are lots of people. But I wanted to share just in case

I love Disneyland immensely but man, their security screening process is [expletive deleted] horrific. Why they don't use the stuff that WDW (and even my local Six Flags!) uses, I have no idea. And I've been going to DL long enough to remember that they used to have a No Bags line!
Security guard told me today that Disneyland does not have the physical space for the Security tech WDW uses. I suppose the trade off is that Disneyland does not have the problem with WDW finger scanner not working.

Got to Disneyland at 1:30. Boarding groups were gone. However, a cast member helpfully recommended I check back around 6 to see if they might open it up to everyone.

It was much better than I feared. Although maybe because as a 6'4 guy, my size is likely to last longer. Only thing I wanted, but could not find were any half pins. Instead got the Magic Key pin, shirt, I did it half shirt and jacket.

Still lots of Dumbo merchandise including pins. A few C2C shirts remained.

So for those arriving tomorrow, there may be some merchandise still available.

As I know we’re trying to keep track of bibs and corral placements - Half Marathon 11XX Corral B

I could have just been hangry but wow there could have been so much more signage and more helpful staff all around for the expo. I don’t know if Disneyland was actually ready to have the races back. What a disappointing expo all around. Blah. Hoping the rest of this weekend goes better than tonight did for me.

For those that have gone to the Expo and Bib pick up, did you notice if the people helping out were Disney employees with the name tag, or volunteer staff? Also, for those who've attended in the past, was it the same quantity pf staff as before?
I was interested in volunteering this event, and never received a follow up from the company who is staffing the event this year.

For those that have gone to the Expo and Bib pick up, did you notice if the people helping out were Disney employees with the name tag, or volunteer staff? Also, for those who've attended in the past, was it the same quantity pf staff as before?
I was interested in volunteering this event, and never received a follow up from the company who is staffing the event this year.
It wasn’t clear to me who were CM vs contract or volunteer, but there was an area in the Frontier Tower for “staff checkin” and a runDisney employee over there directly us job/employees to the correct place. I assumed the employees blocking doors, trying to funnel everyone in a one way direction were Disneyland hotel/conference staff by the way they knew the directions and landmarks

I could have just been hangry but wow there could have been so much more signage and more helpful staff all around for the expo. I don’t know if Disneyland was actually ready to have the races back. What a disappointing expo all around. Blah. Hoping the rest of this weekend goes better than tonight did for me.

It's funny because yoga was so organized yesterday to the point people were commenting how much better it was handled than WDW.

I didn't have too much of an issue with signage except that I'm short and had trouble seeing it most of the time in certain areas. But I also have a friend that works for the company Disney contracts for the expo so she already told me most of where I needed to go.

The official merch area was all CMs. The bib pickup area were staff/volunteers (I believe even volunteers get paid because of California laws). Friend of mine and her mom are working for a company that Disney is contracting to run the actual runner stuff related to the race itself.

I can ask her more details?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter