Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

The line is so long for Goofy and Max 😂. The line end was very unclear which didn't help 🫠

I've never seen the end of the 5k before:
1000003272.jpg

It's funny because yoga was so organized yesterday to the point people were commenting how much better it was handled than WDW.

I didn't have too much of an issue with signage except that I'm short and had trouble seeing it most of the time in certain areas. But I also have a friend that works for the company Disney contracts for the expo so she already told me most of where I needed to go.

The official merch area was all CMs. The bib pickup area were staff/volunteers (I believe even volunteers get paid because of California laws). Friend of mine and her mom are working for a company that Disney is contracting to run the actual runner stuff related to the race itself.

I can ask her more details?
Yes ,if you could ask her when she received notice of confirmation to work for the event? Also which company she signed up with?

Yeah I was given the run around. I was told they were still sending out emails for booking, I've called, emailed and all the company says is they'll get back to me. There's no way they are still sending emails and the race is literally Sunday. The lady gave me some long winded story about having to resign up for their new system. I resigned up and was confirmed I was 'active' and they still didn't assign me. I gave them all my info, including direct deposit and they've made no effort to book me for the event. Seemed shady and like a scam. They could be honest, and just state they've already filled all the spots. The company I signed up with was Elevate staffing. Originally I signed up with Experis, but I think that company was scamming as well, after contacting Run Disney who directed me to Elevate.

Loved the start, course, BOLT, and Touch the Sky on the song loop.

Disappointed in the lack of SW and Avengers characters, very few photopass even at character stops, and the quiet/dark section between parks.

Bummed we couldn't have our prerace meetup, but still had a blast! See you all at 2 at Tortilla Jo's!

Loved the start, course, BOLT, and Touch the Sky on the song loop.

Disappointed in the lack of SW and Avengers characters, very few photopass even at character stops, and the quiet/dark section between parks.

Bummed we couldn't have our prerace meetup, but still had a blast! See you all at 2 at Tortilla Jo's!
I was shocked by how quiet it was for most of the course

I made the mistake of jumping in the Goofy and Max line. I bailed after 5 or 6 minutes so the waiting was in vain. My favorite character stop was the police dog! I’ve never hit the brakes so hard 😂 I thought there would be a finishers picture area so I kept walking. I was wrong!
IMG_3211.jpeg

stupid question ,but did the 5k start completely different from the 10k and half? did i see that you had corrals on main street of MK?

im trying to figure out for 10k and half how to get there even though my hotel is directly across street from start line, but with security am i gonna have to walk back to LAX, loop back through Pasadena then to the Hades parking lot and then to Disney springs, err Downtown Disney, and finally get in line somewhere ?

But whyyyyy doesn't DLR have the same security screening as WDW and nearly every other theme park in the country.

They tried the same system that WDW uses out here back when only DtD was open during the covid closure. For whatever reason they decided it doesn’t work for DLR, so they removed it pretty quickly.

I made the mistake of jumping in the Goofy and Max line. I bailed after 5 or 6 minutes so the waiting was in vain. My favorite character stop was the police dog! I’ve never hit the brakes so hard 😂 I thought there would be a finishers picture area so I kept walking. I was wrong!
View attachment 825154
Pretty sure I’d hit the brakes too. Puppy!!

When I was leaving the parks yesterday one of the security dogs had his Kong and he was a very happy boy.

stupid question ,but did the 5k start completely different from the 10k and half? did i see that you had corrals on main street of MK?

im trying to figure out for 10k and half how to get there even though my hotel is directly across street from start line, but with security am i gonna have to walk back to LAX, loop back through Pasadena then to the Hades parking lot and then to Disney springs, err Downtown Disney, and finally get in line somewhere ?
Yes, the DL 5Ks have always started in the park. The longer distances used to start over by Paradise Pier/DL Hotel, but they've moved it offsite. From the maps, it appears there will be entries with security checks at both sides, but nobody is sure as this is the first time they've used this location.

One more dislike to add: they told everyone to arrive early for security, then held the whole line until 4:10 when they finally opened the DL gates. If you got there early enough, the line was looped inside, past security. Hearing the CM chatter, it legit sounded like some had no idea a race was planned today!

Also, snack box:
20240112_065811.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter