Disneyland Divas working out, getting healthy, and looking fine in '09!!

Had my wi last night and lost 4.8lbs! Woo Hoo!!!! That puts me down 58lbs since May! I am hoping to lose 2 this coming week so I can get my 60 lb clippie! Hope everyone is having a great day and staying on plan this holiday season!

I am going to go get another water! Drink up ladies...water that is!

Sarah
Great job, Sarah! Success is a great motivator to keep going; I am sure you can do it. I was hoping for my next clippie but after this week I am right back where I was a couple of weeks ago. I want to get there before my DL trip in 11 days, during which I will probably put it back on, then lose it again and then put it back on by Christmas. Just being realistic. But that is better than ending up 10 pounds heavier than I already am.

QUOTE=karylrocks;34484107]I want to get there before my DL trip in 11 days, during which I will probably put it back on, then lose it again and then put it back on by Christmas. Just being realistic. But that is better than ending up 10 pounds heavier than I already am.[/QUOTE]

Sooo true.

The scales are not pretty this morning. :scared1:To the gym!

I did well for Thanksgiving yesterday. I ate all my regular stuff in the morning and for dinner I had preplanned what I was going to have and I stuck with it except that I forgot to bring light mayo so I just had a bit less of the regular mayo. I used some of my weekly allowance points but not all which is good because I still have a party to go to on Saturday. It doesn't look like I will be getting to the gym at all this week but I am going to try to do a watp tape at home sat and sun. I am working tons of overtime this week which usually helps with my eating but stops me from working out...so, we'll see what the scale says next tuesday.

Hope everyone is on track today!

Don't forget to drink that water!

I am here at work for a 16 hr shift today so good thoughts my way, k?

Thanks,
SArah

Hi Ladies!

Sarah: Congrats on the weight loss and the sensible Thanksgiving eating! Way to go! :thumbsup2

And I'm sending good thoughts your way for all those double shifts. :wizard:
Do you have the chance for exercise while working? Like squats (just standing squats??) I wasn't able to go to the gym this week, so I tried to do lots of walking, stair climbing and squats while doing laundry. Better than nothing, eh?

We had a Swiss Thanksgiving last night, so I didn't do so bad. Went to the restaurant next door. On Sunday, we'll have our American thanksgiving. I'm just going to do a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and cranberry sauce and maybe buy a dessert, so I don't think it will be too crazy.

Workouts went not so well this week. Tomorrow!

QUOTE OF THE DAY
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
J K Rowling

Sarah, are there temptations at work?

Jen, any time you can avoid the true American Thanksgiving, you are saving calories. It's the seconds that does it. Was it hard to find a whole turkey?

I see there were protests in Switzerland yesterday...

So what's with the not-great workouts? Get yee to that fabulous gym!

(I'm hitting mine today)...:yay:

(Jen, Sarah, anyone on the Christmas card list - did my zipcode show as 5 digits on your list? Please don't repeat it here, but wanted to check)

Sarah, are there temptations at work?

Jen, any time you can avoid the true American Thanksgiving, you are saving calories. It's the seconds that does it. Was it hard to find a whole turkey?

I see there were protests in Switzerland yesterday...

So what's with the not-great workouts? Get yee to that fabulous gym!

(I'm hitting mine today)...:yay:

(Jen, Sarah, anyone on the Christmas card list - did my zipcode show as 5 digits on your list? Please don't repeat it here, but wanted to check)

All the addresses I recieved had 5 digit zip codes except for switzerland and the ones to canada.

There was a bunch of food out the day of Thanksgiving and the day after but I managed to refrain from eating any of it. I even took my 1/2 a pecan pie to add to the free for all. I brought it in at 8 and when I went back in the kitchen at 930 it was gone! Thank goodness!

I went to a sleepover last night for a friend whose birthday it was (she turned 32!) and I went to the gym before I went home today. I only got 30 minutes in but it was something and I still had time to do some things at home and do a puzzle with my son.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Sarah

You are doing great Sarah. Good job on getting rid of the pie. I meant to tell you that you inspired me the other day. I did 55 min on the cross trainer because you did. Thank you! (today I only made 45). But anything is better than nothing!

Beth? I know you've had the girls there. How are you doing? Maybe getting some walking in? Or dancing? ;)

Glad to hear I inspired you!

I have some very happy news...I must admit to stepping on the scale at home most days...I have had this particular scale for many years and today it said a number that I haven't seen since before the Disneyworld Ladies only trip in 2006! I am very pleased and am expecting a good loss at my wi tomorrow!

Hope you all are doing well...It is pretty quite around here lately!

Sarah

Sarah: Great job on all the exercise and the scale! :thumbsup2 So are you liking the exercise at all? Any other benefits beyond just weight?

Oh, and I got your Christmas card yesterday! Looks like my little Nico on the front. Nicholas now wants me to decorate the house just like it is on the card. :)

I ran on Saturday and Sunday and did some bicycle and elliptical yesterday. Resting today as I am not 100% health wise, but doing just fine.

Later ladies!
Jen

Good news, Sarah! I am watching for your new clippie to appear. I think I will have mine by next week. I have not been to the gym in forever. I have had a cold for a few weeks that did not get very bad but went straight to my lungs and doesn't want to go away.

Oh yeah, drink that water!!

Sarah: Great job on all the exercise and the scale! :thumbsup2 So are you liking the exercise at all? Any other benefits beyond just weight?

Oh, and I got your Christmas card yesterday! Looks like my little Nico on the front. Nicholas now wants me to decorate the house just like it is on the card. :)

I ran on Saturday and Sunday and did some bicycle and elliptical yesterday. Resting today as I am not 100% health wise, but doing just fine.

Later ladies!
Jen

I like that the time I spend working out is time my kids are also being active. At home we tend to sit a lot and my son loves tv but when they go to daycare and are active all day and then we go to the gym when I pick them up and they are active there I feel like a much better parent knowing that they are being active and not watching nearly as much tv.

I am glad the card got to you ok. If you figure out how to make a house look like that card would you let me know? I would love to be able to make my house look like that! Right now it looks like christmas up chucked on my entertainment center. :scared1:

Hope you feel better soon!

Good news, Sarah! I am watching for your new clippie to appear. I think I will have mine by next week. I have not been to the gym in forever. I have had a cold for a few weeks that did not get very bad but went straight to my lungs and doesn't want to go away.

Oh yeah, drink that water!!

I hate lung colds. :sick: I hope you feel better soon! And wow your clippie is looking good! I can't imagine getting an even better one! Congrats on your hard work and determination!

Sarah

I'm starting to have the symptoms of diabetes (dry mouth, tingles/numbing in my fingers, and increased hunger after eating) and that really scares me :scared1:

As of RIGHT now I'm putting myself on a low glycemic diet. No added sugar in anything, low fat and complex carbs. That means no dairy (it bloats!), juice, soda, candy, refined sugars/carbs, processed food or eating out.

I'm here at Panera because I got a gift card from my church. I had half a chicken panini, small cup of pasta and an apple. I'm drinking freshly brewed, no sugar added iced tea.

After I'm done reading my chapter in accounting I'm going grocery shopping. I'm going to lace up my sneaks and go walking tonight too.

I plan on buying: chicken, apples, dark greens (romaine lettuce and spinach) and soy milk. I already have brown rice and lentils at home.

Do you girls have any other suggestions for low glycemic or high fiber foods?

I'm starting to have the symptoms of diabetes (dry mouth, tingles/numbing in my fingers, and increased hunger after eating) and that really scares me :scared1:

As of RIGHT now I'm putting myself on a low glycemic diet. No added sugar in anything, low fat and complex carbs. That means no dairy (it bloats!), juice, soda, candy, refined sugars/carbs, processed food or eating out.

I'm here at Panera because I got a gift card from my church. I had half a chicken panini, small cup of pasta and an apple. I'm drinking freshly brewed, no sugar added iced tea.

After I'm done reading my chapter in accounting I'm going grocery shopping. I'm going to lace up my sneaks and go walking tonight too.

I plan on buying: chicken, apples, dark greens (romaine lettuce and spinach) and soy milk. I already have brown rice and lentils at home.

Do you girls have any other suggestions for low glycemic or high fiber foods?

I'm so sorry Cristabel. This is very serious. I suggest that you get yourself in some kind of support group, like weight watchers or something through your doctor. Have you looked into this or considered this? I found for me that it was very helpful, just for providing structure and day in and day out support to help with relooking at your lifestyle and the reasons for overeating. It also is a great source of support and accountability.

I'm glad that you are taking this seriously and making changes in your life. I know you can do it! :woohoo:

I'm so sorry Cristabel. This is very serious. I suggest that you get yourself in some kind of support group, like weight watchers or something through your doctor. Have you looked into this or considered this? I found for me that it was very helpful, just for providing structure and day in and day out support to help with relooking at your lifestyle and the reasons for overeating. It also is a great source of support and accountability.

I'm glad that you are taking this seriously and making changes in your life. I know you can do it! :woohoo:

I've looked into weight watchers but it's too expensive. I eat because I'm bored most of the time. What I should be doing is using that time to go out and exercise. I'd be happier and sleep better.

I'm going to sit with my sister and create a plan. My initial goal is lose 20lbs. They say losing as little as 10 - 20lbs can greatly reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. It will also help that I'll be home for 5 weeks straight (free, healthy food!) and I'll have a walking partner (Jingles!). I'm going to take it slow and steady because I have gone full force in the past and burned out after a month.

I had wi last night and lost over 1%. A decent loss. I have lost a total of 60.8 since May 13. Feeling pretty good about that and liking current pictures of me a lot more than I liked the pics of me from March and May.

Cristabel - hope things work out for you. Maybe talk to your doc.

Take care everyone...I will be going to the gym tonight to train with my dh and again tomorrow to do cardio since I won't have a chance to friday or saturday.

Drink your water,
Sarah

I've looked into weight watchers but it's too expensive. I eat because I'm bored most of the time. What I should be doing is using that time to go out and exercise. I'd be happier and sleep better.

I'm going to sit with my sister and create a plan. My initial goal is lose 20lbs. They say losing as little as 10 - 20lbs can greatly reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. It will also help that I'll be home for 5 weeks straight (free, healthy food!) and I'll have a walking partner (Jingles!). I'm going to take it slow and steady because I have gone full force in the past and burned out after a month.

I'm going to go ahead and challenge you on this. WW is only about 10 bucks a week. If you are truly committed to weight loss and getting healthy and it is a priority, then probably you can find a way to get this money. Maybe it could be a Christmas present from someone? The first meeting is free. Or maybe your doctor could help you to find a free program?

I'm sorry if I am overstepping my bounds, I just want to make sure that I do encourage you to take care of this because your health is IMPORTANT. And really, can you afford not to take care of yourself?

I had wi last night and lost over 1%. A decent loss. I have lost a total of 60.8 since May 13. Feeling pretty good about that and liking current pictures of me a lot more than I liked the pics of me from March and May.

Cristabel - hope things work out for you. Maybe talk to your doc.

Take care everyone...I will be going to the gym tonight to train with my dh and again tomorrow to do cardio since I won't have a chance to friday or saturday.

Drink your water,
Sarah

Congratulations Sarah! :woohoo:

I went to the gym today. I was very lazy and not feeling well. I did do 30 minutes of elliptical and then a sauna. Hoping tomorrow goes better.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.
Art Turock

I went to the gym last night.

There is a 5 lb bag of peanut m & m's on my coworkers desk (they are my faves!) I have resisted so far and am chewing gum and drinking a Coca Cola Zero for flavor.

I plan to go to the gym tonight though I seem to have twisted my knee somehow.

Later,
Sarah

Glad to hear I inspired you!

I have some very happy news...I must admit to stepping on the scale at home most days...I have had this particular scale for many years and today it said a number that I haven't seen since before the Disneyworld Ladies only trip in 2006! I am very pleased and am expecting a good loss at my wi tomorrow!

Hope you all are doing well...It is pretty quite around here lately!

Sarah

Yea!!!!:cheer2: You are such an inspiration. Congrats!
I also rec'd your lovely card. I'm not even close.

Cristabel, Jen's suggestions are spot on. First of all, you should get a doctor's dx. That can make some of these things free. And you won't be second-guessing yourself. Also, see if there is any diabetes society/org near you. That would be a great resource for free info and support. You need a physical support group, and one specifically for young people who are pre-diabetic would be helpful beyond your imagination.

It's great you learned how you've burned yourself out before. So the next step is to learn how to use resources to make it easier on yourself. We are behind ya!

I had a big walking day in DL yesterday so was a little surprised to see a slight gain this AM. Salty food in the park, I suspect. No sugar.

Will increase water today and hit the gym. Jen, even 30 min helps, so good for you for making it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter