Disneyland Divas working out, getting healthy, and looking fine in '09!!

:scared1:
Getting back on track after splurging is sooooo hard.

Went to RFC this weekend as well as lunch at Olive Garden. Had some pie and other no-nos. Today already indulged in Breakfast Lasagna.

I have to get back on track asap or the holidays will do me in!!! I already gained 3 pounds back just over the weekend. :rolleyes:

Dieting during Christmas time is almost a mission impossible. Almost. Gotta do better the rest of the day and the rest of the days leading up to Christmas.

I did well on Friday with all the baking!!! I kept my music on, so I was busy with that, and kept mint gum in my mouth. Even with all the baking I did, I only had 3 cookies the whole day!! I was so proud. So I know it can be done, I just need to get back to doing it.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there. :cheer2:

What is RFC? And what is breakfast lasagna? I'm afraid I can't identify with your cravings. Though I do understand the pie and cookies thing.

Exercise. Drink water. Fill yourself up with good food. You can do it! And when you get back on track your body will adjust quickly and those pounds will melt away.

Oh, and good job on those cookies.

So, my parents leave today to come visit. Wow. I can't believe it's been three months since we've been here. That went fast. Really.

I got a call today for an interview for a job at HP. I guess I've got one more chance here. Wish me luck! :wizard:

And for the QUOTE OF THE DAY
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony.
William Ellery Channing

What is RFC? And what is breakfast lasagna? I'm afraid I can't identify with your cravings. Though I do understand the pie and cookies thing.

Sorry. RFC is Rainforest Cafe. And breakfast lasagna is very good, but very bad for you. It's almost like a dessert. They serve it in WDW and it's made with layers of pancakes, waffles, pound cake, custard, pastry cream, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, etc. hence the name breakfast lasagna.
I am feeling full and blah. I'm ready after this long weekend, to get back to doing what I should be doing. I don't like feeling so bloated and lazy.

Enjoy the visit with your parents! And good luck with your interview!! :wizard: :wizard:

I agree, Beth, holiday eating is hard. Great job on the cookies.

I just came from a holiday party and ate things I normally would not. I did 50 min on the cross trainer.

It is supposed to warm up to 74 later this week... I am hoping that will keep the eating down.

Sarah, how are you doing?

Jen - that is great about HP.

Sorry I haven't been on. DD is sick with a fever but I am doing well with ww. I lost 4 lbs this week for a total of 66 down! I am pretty pleased.

Thanks

Sarah

Is it ok if I join you divas? I just moved back to Arizona from Florida at the end of October and already sad about having to move away from WDW. :( But at least DL is 6 hours drive. ;) :thumbsup2 Not 1 hr but close enough.

Anyway I was tentatively talking to my best friend about going in late July for my dd's 7th birthday. She said maybe if all goes well they will book a trip the same time and we can all enjoy disney together again. We just spent a day at Magic Kingdom(I was living there then and she visited) together in June for her youngest sons birthday. It would be less tentative if I had a job. :guilty: :sad2: I may book the room/tickets with tax refund and then I will just need to save gas and spending money before July. When I found out I'd have to move back to Arizona(I might mention a time or two my hatred for the state, its not that bad I suppose) I promised myself I'd try to make it to DL once a year at least. I miss Florida but that was my 3rd time trying to move there and it always has complications. In the better part of 17 years living 6 hours away I have gone to DL ONCE, yet been to WDW many times. Seems odd I know. :confused3 :rotfl:

Anyway little intro I'm Melissa and have been around WISH since about 2003 off and on. I've been single mom raising dd the past few years. I managed to lose 40 lbs this year(was at 50 lbs but gained 10 back) and would love to see another 50 be gone by her birthday. It will be awesome to see "Onederland" for the first time since early high school. :goodvibes:cool1:

Is it ok if I join you divas? I just moved back to Arizona from Florida at the end of October and already sad about having to move away from WDW. :( But at least DL is 6 hours drive. ;) :thumbsup2 Not 1 hr but close enough.

Anyway I was tentatively talking to my best friend about going in late July for my dd's 7th birthday. She said maybe if all goes well they will book a trip the same time and we can all enjoy disney together again. We just spent a day at Magic Kingdom(I was living there then and she visited) together in June for her youngest sons birthday. It would be less tentative if I had a job. :guilty: :sad2: I may book the room/tickets with tax refund and then I will just need to save gas and spending money before July. When I found out I'd have to move back to Arizona(I might mention a time or two my hatred for the state, its not that bad I suppose) I promised myself I'd try to make it to DL once a year at least. I miss Florida but that was my 3rd time trying to move there and it always has complications. In the better part of 17 years living 6 hours away I have gone to DL ONCE, yet been to WDW many times. Seems odd I know. :confused3 :rotfl:

Anyway little intro I'm Melissa and have been around WISH since about 2003 off and on. I've been single mom raising dd the past few years. I managed to lose 40 lbs this year(was at 50 lbs but gained 10 back) and would love to see another 50 be gone by her birthday. It will be awesome to see "Onederland" for the first time since early high school. :goodvibes:cool1:

Hi Melissa!! We'd love for you to join us. This thread can get a bit quiet at times. Especially now around the holidays. :rolleyes1 I know personally dieting is last on my mind right now. :sad2:

Congrats to you on losing the 40 lbs!! Well, 50, but you know. I am in the same boat. Lost 50, then gained back 10. Struggling now to keep it from being more than 10 with the holidays. :rolleyes:

I live next door to you in Nevada. Las Vegas to be exact. What a change for you to go from FL to AZ. Hey, at least it's a dry heat. :rotfl:

I've been to WDW four times, but I grew up in Southern CA so Disneyland is like home to me. I couldn't even begin to say how many times I've been. We (the "Divas") are going on a group trip in February. It's our third annual. There are approximately 40 of us going. Some of them live in AZ too. You should think of joining us one of these times. :) We have a planning thread on the DL board.

Well, welcome to our thread!! Keep up the great work!! :cheer2:

Agkkk! Had a gain of 1 lb at weigh in today. Bummed but not really surprised as last week wasn't the most on track for me...went away with dh for our anniversary and while I ate better than I would have a year ago, it still wasn't perfect. Had a good time though and enjoyed myself.

Have a great one!

Sarah

Oh, and I got 4th in this most recent Biggest Loser challenge on these boards!

Hi Melissa, welcome. Warning - we are not the most active thread on WISH. congrats on your loss!!!

Sarah, you are doing so well. And it is the holidays. As long as you are back on the horse after this, you'll be fine.

I got in some good gym workouts, but now that my MIL is here, I won't have time to go for a while. :( And we won't be getting a lot of exercise as she can't walk distances any more (like more than a couple of blocks) even though she is able to bowl (it is a circulation problem). It's a shame because she used to be such a good walker. But many years of smoking... (she finally had to quit last year).

I will drink more water....at least I can do that.

Hey all! I have done pretty well so far this week and a peek at the scale shows promise! I made a ww pumpkin pie which turned out yummy and I did a healthier version of my traditional egg casserole (couldn't tell the difference taste wise!) and had options of strawberries that had been packaged with sugar and some that had been packaged without! I also made a healthier version of the greenbean supreme and chose healthy options at dinner or at least smaller portions!

Have a great day and lets do this thing!

Sarah

Thanks for the welcome. :) Yep trying not to gain but this year the holidays fell on my hunger week(the week before the one AF starts) so hopefully that will be good it will pass with the holiday munchies. Only had one slice of pumpkin pie so far.

Need to kick into gear and get an exercise plan going. I have plenty of dvds since I can't afford a gym membership at this time. Hopefully when I get full time regular work I can get back on at 24 hour Fitness.

Beth, I will see how things work out. I'd love a trip before July but not sure finances will be in favor.

Great job Cristabel! I had my workout bag in my car tonight but ended up working a double so no work out for me. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am hoping for a good number!

Hope you all are doing well!

(Beth, I currently weigh less than the first time you saw me!!!!!!!)

Sarah

Hi Divas--

Congrats to all who have managed to stay even slightly on track this holiday season. Since my family got to Europe, I have not been to the gym once and have not maintained any sort of healthy eating regimen. Only thing I've done is walked and walked and walked and walked, which is definitely some form of exercise, but I can feel (from my level of stress) that I am missing out on the cardio.

We leave tomorrow for California. My family is still here in Switzerland, but they are in a hotel and I am at home trying desperately to get our clothes cleaned and the holiday decorations put away before we leave for California. So I am taking the day of from any more sight seeing.

I am totally wiped out. Two weeks with the family has been very challenging, but great nonetheless. And the kids have adored having everyone here, though now they want to move back to California. Ugh. :headache:

QUOTE OF THE DAY
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
-Maria Robinson

Jen, your post inspired me to check in. Even though you are halfway around the world, I feel like I'm a bit in the same place. Ever since my MIL came to spend a week here for the holidays, I've not been eating well at all. And I've only been able to steal away for a gym workout once or twice.

Maybe a bit of time back in Calif will help you balance out. I know that I'm looking forward to getting my life back to normal.

Hello to my fitness Divas!

I've been working on trying to get healthier and I feel I am on the right track. I'm not getting as much exercise as I should, but I am eating healthier.

Earlier this month I was looking at pictures of myself at Thanksgiving and was in shock by how big I have gotten. When I went to the doctors a few days later, I saw my weight had shot up to 232 lbs. :sad2: So I made a decision right then and there to turn things around. I'm down to 221 and have loads more energy. My eating habits have drastically changed and I'm really hoping to stick with it this time. I'm really hoping to be able to start jogging/running by years end without having to stop after 30 seconds because I'm dying for air.

I'm hoping 2010 is my year, and I hope it's all of yours too! :cheer2:

Wendy that's great!
I'm just lucky that I haven't gained any weight since starting school. That was a major surprise!
I'm hoping '10 is my year too!

I walked nearly 2 miles today from my house to our library. It was cold and my body was sore from my walk/hike yesterday. I'm happy to say I have done something physical for three days in a row. I have to accomplish or gain something using my exercise. Monday it was to get some kamotes from the market, yesterday it was to return a collar to Petsmart, today it was to get books from the library. I don't know what tomorrow's exercise will be but it will be something rewarding!

I hope everyone else is doing well and recovering from the holiday foods. This year I wasn't really into the food. I had a few cookies here and there but nothing like the past. At church I had 1 donut and instead of getting another I had a tamale! YUM!

I'm hungry! It's a good thing I didn't bring any cash with me or I'd be tempted to buy junk food!

What I say is if you don't have any $, you can't buy crappy food. :lmao:

Bye!

Hello to my fitness Divas!

I've been working on trying to get healthier and I feel I am on the right track. I'm not getting as much exercise as I should, but I am eating healthier.

Earlier this month I was looking at pictures of myself at Thanksgiving and was in shock by how big I have gotten. When I went to the doctors a few days later, I saw my weight had shot up to 232 lbs. :sad2: So I made a decision right then and there to turn things around. I'm down to 221 and have loads more energy. My eating habits have drastically changed and I'm really hoping to stick with it this time. I'm really hoping to be able to start jogging/running by years end without having to stop after 30 seconds because I'm dying for air.

I'm hoping 2010 is my year, and I hope it's all of yours too! :cheer2:

Hey Wendy great to hear you are turning it around! You are going to do great!

I also had to come on to show off my new clippie! Woo Hoo! I am hoping to be down another 15 by our trip!

Later
Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter