• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omgosh the reviews for the Aladdin dining package are terrible... Im looking on Yelp at Aladdin's Oasis. What would you guys do? I also "Just-in-case" reserved Blue Bayou on Christmas Day for 2:20pm, way before they had announced packages. IDK if I should bother trying to convert that reservation to a PTN package? Or just drop this idea all together...

Does that mean that there is no AP discount for Festival of Holidays? Or were the tokens something else? We'll be getting APs in December, so I'm not familiar with all of the discounts etc.
There is no AP discount at any of the food booths.:sad:

That was an important question so I just called and asked. They told me any pick up time before 3 would be for the first parade. 3 and later would be for the second parade. Anyone else want to call and check? :rotfl:

Haha i just booked our package for Dec 11th and the the person I talked to said pick up before 3:45 for first parade and anything after would be for the second.

Haha i just booked our package for Dec 11th and the the person I talked to said pick up before 3:45 for first parade and anything after would be for the second.

I think I'm going to call back later and double check. They really should put that on the information page on the reservation.

That was an important question so I just called and asked. They told me any pick up time before 3 would be for the first parade. 3 and later would be for the second parade. Anyone else want to call and check? :rotfl:
umm

so all BB packages are for the second parade?

umm

so all BB packages are for the second parade?

That related to the Aladdin's Oasis packages, which are available much earlier in the day.

No idea about the BB packages.

I'll call again later when I have a moment, but now I'm not sure any answer we get can be trusted.

Did anyone here do the BB package when it was offered earlier in the year?

I may have missed it, but can anybody tell me the prices and menu options for Aladdin's Oasis for the PTN packages?

That related to the Aladdin's Oasis packages, which are available much earlier in the day.

No idea about the BB packages.

I'll call again later when I have a moment, but now I'm not sure any answer we get can be trusted.

Did anyone here do the BB package when it was offered earlier in the year?

Thank you!

I just thought maybe since the first one is for 4:00 pm

OK, I just called again. They said a BB reservation between 4 and 5 would get the first showing, anything 5 and later would be for the second showing.

They said for Aladdin's Oasis anything 3:45 or earlier would be for the first showing and anything 4 or later would be for the second showing.

No details yet on where the BB viewing area will be. Just somewhere on Main Street.

I have AA booked one of the nights we are there, and this morning found one for BB for our other night.

Not sure yet if I will keep one or both of those. Still thinking on it.

I also called and got it confirmed that there will be no BB packages on the 3rd-4th due to the viewing area being taken by the CP. Disappointing, but it is what it is. I guess we will fight for a spot with the rest of the crowd.

I may have missed it, but can anybody tell me the prices and menu options for Aladdin's Oasis for the PTN packages?

Hi... I found a review on a Disney-related blog (dlrprepschool), from what seems like earlier this year. Not sure if prices/menu items have changed, however.
It shows $22.99/adult and $13.99/ages 3-9.

pixiedust::santa:pixiedust:

12512526_878379132259731_8088818293880039657_n.jpg

We did aladdins oasis a few months ago. The food wasn't anything special, my son liked the cookie though. The best things about it were:

1 - reasonably quick
2 - the oasis was QUIET and secluded. It felt like we weren't in DL, which was nice.
3 - we got to meet both Genie and Jasmine. No guarantees of this, they were only there a couple minutes while we were there.

I'd recommend eating at the oasis, it was a nice break from the crowds.

Does anyone know if Aladdin's sells walk up packages the day of? I'm not going to pre-order cause I'm not sure when we are going to get there our first day, but if we are there early enough, I think we might do it.

I would guess it depends on whether they have enough reservations or not. During the busy holiday season, that would be risky.

I'd love to hear anyone's review of the new World of Color show. We made reservations for the dessert party, and I'm curious about the new show. I read a lot of mixed reviews about the last Christmas WOC.

I'd love to hear anyone's review of the new World of Color show. We made reservations for the dessert party, and I'm curious about the new show. I read a lot of mixed reviews about the last Christmas WOC.
You may have to wait a day or two for the full review of this year's show. We went last night and it appeared they were trying to hang a giant white Mickey head off of the Fun Wheel, only it got caught. Ended up delaying the show almost 30 minutes for them to take it down and run the show without it. It was kind of embarrassing for Disney to have this giant misshapen Mickey hanging there for all to see. I'm not sure this was used in 2015, but definitely not in the 2014 version.

You may have to wait a day or two for the full review of this year's show. We went last night and it appeared they were trying to hang a giant white Mickey head off of the Fun Wheel, only it got caught. Ended up delaying the show almost 30 minutes for them to take it down and run the show without it. It was kind of embarrassing for Disney to have this giant misshapen Mickey hanging there for all to see. I'm not sure this was used in 2015, but definitely not in the 2014 version.

Yikes, how frustrating for everyone watching last night. Did the absence of the head affect the show (was it supposed to be incorporated into parts of it?). I hope you're able to catch it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter