• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I was reading some other blogs etc about the PTN packages, they all say the Aladdin deal is a section out by IASW, the BB option is a section roped off on MAin Stree,is this right? I plan to be out by IASW anyway for parades etc since I'm not a fan of bottleneck crowds like Main street

When the BB packages first started, they were a roped off area on Main Street. After a bit, they moved it to the back side of Town Square across from the train station.

No word on whether this will be the same, but given that they aren't offering it on Candlelight Processional weekend, I'd say they probably intend to keep it in the Town Square area.

Well I wasn't originally going to purchase a dining package for our family, but, Id rather do that than stake out a spot to watch PTN. So BB it is!!! The candy cane schedule is released on the Disney Parks Blog! Yesss!! Cant Wait!

When the BB packages first started, they were a roped off area on Main Street. After a bit, they moved it to the back side of Town Square across from the train station.

No word on whether this will be the same, but given that they aren't offering it on Candlelight Processional weekend, I'd say they probably intend to keep it in the Town Square area.
Thanks.... I'm assuming the Bb section is a better viewing area than Aladdin?

The Allears menus are not current. Would someone who has reservations for the first parades, please post the menu options?

What is the Winter Castle Show??

Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle show is a few minutes show in front of the castle at night. It will play a song and light up the castle. It will also snow around the area around the Hub which you can experience first before the end of "Believe...In Holiday Magic" fireworks.

Here a video clip that I took in 2010.

Thanks.... I'm assuming the Bb section is a better viewing area than Aladdin?

It really just depends on where you want to watch it. Main Street is typically the harder area to get a spot. But I think the Small World are should be lovely with all those lights this time of year.

I don't think this was posted previously..
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/festive-foods-marketplaces/

You can click on view menu to see all the options and pricing.

Also, thanks for heads up about Ptn dining,I got Christmas Day at aladdins.

Thanks for posting! I've been wanting to know the prices.

If anyone does the decorate a cookie set, I'd love to see a picture (my son thought this sounded fun). Or of *any* of the food, honestly. I'm excited there are so many new things to try.

Well I wasn't originally going to purchase a dining package for our family, but, Id rather do that than stake out a spot to watch PTN. So BB it is!!! The candy cane schedule is released on the Disney Parks Blog! Yesss!! Cant Wait!
Ugh did you notice this year it said one candy cane per guest? I'm pretty sure last year it was TWO because DH got 2 bands so the kids and I wouldn't have to stand in line- bummer since we usually only do 2-3 between our group but it was nice the kids didn't have to wait in line!

Thanks for posting! I've been wanting to know the prices.

If anyone does the decorate a cookie set, I'd love to see a picture (my son thought this sounded fun). Or of *any* of the food, honestly. I'm excited there are so many new things to try.
Where's the "Decorate a Cookie Set" ?

The stalls were open today

Did they add any Christmas decorations to the stalls? The last posted photos just showed plain rectangle buildings. They looked like backyard storage sheds. I'm hoping they dressed them up at least a little since those photos were taken.

It's lame they don't have the AP tasting tokens offered (or at least I didn't see it...someone tell me I'm wrong...). It ended up being a significant savings for us in the spring.

It's lame they don't have the AP tasting tokens offered (or at least I didn't see it...someone tell me I'm wrong...). It ended up being a significant savings for us in the spring.

Does that mean that there is no AP discount for Festival of Holidays? Or were the tokens something else? We'll be getting APs in December, so I'm not familiar with all of the discounts etc.

Hi Guys - I have booked the Aladdin PTN package for Christmas day... for the second showing. I have NO CLUE how much I will be paying haha (Maybe I will call DL after I get out of this meeting). I booked for 4 people, even tho one of us four will only be 9 months old. Was that the right thing to do? Also, I noticed everyone seems super excited they are going to the first parade showing... I have reserved the second one and am curious what the disadvantage is to the second showing? Also - this is our first time at Disneyland... do you consider this package to be pretty essential? I am definitely not interested in staking out my spot for hours in advance... I would probably be sitting there with the baby while hubby and son are out having fun LOL. And someone pushier than I will probably knock me out of my spot bc Im a big wussy hahaha... but seriously, I am hoping this parade will be pretty amazing if I do one of these packages.

Last edited:
Does that mean that there is no AP discount for Festival of Holidays? Or were the tokens something else? We'll be getting APs in December, so I'm not familiar with all of the discounts etc.
The tokens from the food festival in the spring were basically meal tickets you could purchase ahead of time. You would pay a set price for a set of 6 (I think) tokens, so the potential savings would depend on the normal price of the item you're using it for. If you were purchasing more of the pricey items, it would work to your advantage to use the tokens. I don't know if there's a standard AP discount for regular purchases at the festival.

Hi Guys - I have booked the Aladdin PTN package for Christmas day... for the second showing. I have NO CLUE how much I will be paying haha (Maybe I will call DL after I get out of this meeting). I booked for 4 people, even tho one of us four will only be 9 months old. Was that the right thing to do? Also, I noticed everyone seems super excited they are going to the first parade showing... I have reserved the second one and am curious what the disadvantage is to the second showing? Also - this is our first time at Disneyland... do you consider this package to be pretty essential? I am definitely not interested in staking out my spot for hours in advance... I would probably be sitting there with the baby while hubby and son are our having fun LOL. And someone pushier than I will probably knock me out of my spot bc Im a big wussy hahaha... but seriously, I am hoping this parade will be pretty amazing if I do one of these packages.
For me booking the first parade time works best for our group as there could be a possibility that atleast one of us will be too tired to stay for the 2nd parade. If any of us are still in the park then we'll do rides. That way no one in our groups stress whether or not one of the kids or adults will not make it for the later parade. That's our reasoning for picking the earlier parade. I don't want to worry about staking out a place and feel the reserved area is helpful, specially due to popularity of the parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter