• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to the CM on the phone I spoke with this morning, she told me within her first 3 sentences to me after I said I was inquiring to book the tour.
I think that was because of all the negative feedback. When I called again today the CM said they just received an email this morning about the rides not being included, so I think they will be better from here on out about mentioning it.

Is anyone else having trouble with the disney website? I keep getting error. Could they be updating something??!

Is anyone else having trouble with the disney website? I keep getting error. Could they be updating something??!

I like your thinking. :) But I just refreshed that page I have been leaving open on my desktop and it reloaded just fine.

Keep thinking positive thoughts though!

For those wondering about Mickey's Birthday Cavalcade, Here is what I spotted on the D23 website:

Party at the Parks (and the Stores!)
What better place to celebrate Mickey’s birthday than at Disney Parks and Disney Stores? Select locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts and Disney Stores in the United States will have commemorative “Happy Birthday, Mickey!” buttons. If you’re at Disneyland Park on this special day, don’t miss a pre-parade birthday celebration for Mickey! And if you’re at Magic Kingdom Park, you can see a special birthday-themed edition of Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party.

So.... it sounds like more people should share their disappointment with this new arrangement, if they want Disney to consider adding back the rides to the Holiday Tour. I wonder what the motivation was for removing them?

Is there a guest services e-mail for disneyland? All I can find is the "send us a question" form on the website. WDW has a guest relations e-mail you can just e-mail from your regular account. If I have to use the form, I will, but I'd prefer e-mail if possible. I was considering the holiday tour as I read the thread, but reading that the rides are no longer included, that's a deal breaker. I'm happy to let Disney know that.

I asked her about the lack of rides, and I'm sure this is at least partly her speculation, but she said that she believes it was done because the rides were taking too much time and they wanted to add additional talks in DCA as well flesh out the talks in DL.
Purely my speculation, but perhaps removing attractions from the Holiday Tour will increase demand for VIP Tours.

Yeah, I wasn't ready to pull the trigger and request a refund for our tour because I have a feeling something else is being added or offered to make up for it. I would hate to cancel and then find out it's something super awesome and then there's no more openings! My tour is on 11/14, so I will for sure let everyone on here know if there's any added surprises!
Please keep us informed! We are going the 18th of December... So with your imput, I'll know if I should book it or not.

WDW is taping from Nov. 9-13th. Parade will be taped in DLR this year (no parade in the FL taping) - no word on when the DLR taping will be.

Source: Attractions Magazine

Yeah, my poor friend who is going to WDW in a couple weeks now has parade taping to contend with on one of her MK days. She has had stuff coming at her from all sides on this trip and is just ready to give up. So that got me wondering when they would be taping at DL. I'm thinking it was early December last year, but you just never know.

Is there a guest services e-mail for disneyland? All I can find is the "send us a question" form on the website. WDW has a guest relations e-mail you can just e-mail from your regular account. If I have to use the form, I will, but I'd prefer e-mail if possible. I was considering the holiday tour as I read the thread, but reading that the rides are no longer included, that's a deal breaker. I'm happy to let Disney know that.

guest.services@disneyland.com

Also, on the Disneyland site there is a "Contact" page where you can email from there. I can't seem to copy & paste the web page for some reason. From the Disneyland site they have a simple form to fill out with your contact info and what your concerns or questions are. You can also send compliments about CM's that were helpful.

They send a immediate reply response letter stating :

"Greetings from the Disneyland® Resort!

Thank you for writing to us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Disney and value the time you took to share your thoughts.

I personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Experience Services Team will contact you within four days.

If you are visiting the Disneyland Resort within the next two weeks and need immediate assistance, please call us at (714) 781-4565, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm (PST). We may also be reached Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm (PST).

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon.

Sincerely,

janetsig.png

Janet
Director, Guest Experience Services"

A lot of times they call you and talk to you about your concerns or issues.

guest.services@disneyland.com

Also, on the Disneyland site there is a "Contact" page where you can email from there. I can't seem to copy & paste the web page for some reason. From the Disneyland site they have a simple form to fill out with your contact info and what your concerns or questions are. You can also send compliments about CM's that were helpful.

Thanks, cinder-ellah, for providing this helpful info. My mother shared her two eight cents over the phone, but it won't hurt to follow up via email as well...
:santa:pixiedust::santa:

Thanks, cinder-ellah, for providing this helpful info. My mother shared her two eight cents over the phone, but it won't hurt to follow up via email as well...
:santa:pixiedust::santa:
Just my opinion & experiences, but from responses email vs phone calls as to any concerns, complaints or commenting on experiences both good & bad, it seems like the emails get directed to someone that has more knowledge about certain areas / situations. And phone call follow ups from Disney seem to be more specialized to your email than standard phone calls. Just my experiences.
I feel like emails give me the opportunity to make sure I have included all details I want to relay to Disney.

Just my opinion & experiences, but from responses email vs phone calls as to any concerns, complaints or commenting on experiences both good & bad, it seems like the emails get directed to someone that has more knowledge about certain areas / situations. And phone call follow ups from Disney seem to be more specialized to your email than standard phone calls. Just my experiences.
I feel like emails give me the opportunity to make sure I have included all details I want to relay to Disney.
No one has mentioned the "perk" of parade seating as being of some value. I hope like some others that we will be given some sort of fastpass to at least one of the rides. I know HM is the only one with the offered fastpass. I wish I could book a vip seat for the fireworks without paying near college tuition money (per hr for the VIP tour). That would be worth more to me! Isn't the press of humanity on Main St. and around the hub awful?!?

No one has mentioned the "perk" of parade seating as being of some value. I hope like some others that we will be given some sort of fastpass to at least one of the rides. I know HM is the only one with the offered fastpass. I wish I could book a vip seat for the fireworks without paying near college tuition money (per hr for the VIP tour). That would be worth more to me! Isn't the press of humanity on Main St. and around the hub awful?!?

The parade seating is spectacular. I'm just not sure I would give up 2 to 3 hours of park time to get it without also getting the ride access (especially since we've done the tour before and heard a lot of the stories). I really think the only way they are giving out fastpasses with this tour is if people complain and make a big stink.

The parade seating is spectacular. I'm just not sure I would give up 2 to 3 hours of park time to get it without also getting the ride access (especially since we've done the tour before and heard a lot of the stories). I really think the only way they are giving out fastpasses with this tour is if people complain and make a big stink.
Well, judging by what I've read here so far, people are upset, and are telling the CMs. The old saying, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" might not work with the Disney suits tho! Since I've never seen the Christmas overlay on the Jungle Cruise, that's the one I'm most interested in. If I go to IASW, I'll have another song in my head all day!:rotfl:

That is the biggest perk for me, which is why I didn't cancel mine. With MM and a good touring plan, I plan on hitting those rides on my own anyway. My tour starts at 2pm which normally sees the busiest times in the park, so I'm ok with "giving up" those hours for the tour. Plus, I'm still kind of hoping they throw in something else. The wording of "to better enhance the people's experience" has me thinking they have something up their sleeve. But that may just be hopeful thinking.

That watched pot finally boiled! Paint the Night is back on the schedule. Oddly, the first day I see it is the 18th. Stay tuned. There could be more fine tuning.

party:

Eek! So it seems like it will show twice nightly on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. So glad we will be able to catch it on our arrival night!

Eek! So it seems like it will show twice nightly on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. So glad we will be able to catch it on our arrival night!

But not on opening weekend of the holiday season, which is also Veteran's Day and race weekend . :confused3 Maybe the refurb won't be done by then? :crutches:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter