Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother and I have taken the Holiday Tour for the past several years and were looking forward to booking it again this year. My mother called Guest Services today to ask whether rides are still included on the tour. She talked to one CM who confirmed rides were no longer included, and who agreed that it didn't make sense to take this tour benefit away. My mother asked to talk to a supervisor to express her disappointment. She then spoke to Ari Trout in the Guest Experience Services department. Ari confirmed that rides are no longer included in the Holiday Tour in order to "enhance the guest experience." (Note that the cost is still the same, without one of the tour's key features.) When my mother expressed her frustration with the change, Ari said that she was the first person who has complained about it.

So.... it sounds like more people should share their disappointment with this new arrangement, if they want Disney to consider adding back the rides to the Holiday Tour. I wonder what the motivation was for removing them?

She was probably the first person to complain about it because most people probably do not realize the rides are not included when booking .Not everyone is privy to this board and all the great information it provides.

She was probably the first person to complain about it because most people probably do not realize the rides are not included when booking .Not everyone is privy to this board and all the great information it provides.
True! All the complaints will probably come in person at time of tour, which is likely going to play out well! My hope is that some kind of fast pass is offered or that they see people's disappointment and change it up to include rides. It has to include something that will "enhance the experience" but Disney is super vague!

Exactly what I was thinking.

I hate that answer "Well no one else has complained". Makes it sound like I'm the "only" person in the world that would have a problem with it. Ugh....

I don't understand why taking the rides away will "enhance the guests experience".

When I talked to the CM, I was in shock,so I didn't express my dismay. Probably should have.
I was more worried that she mentioned DCA, and I had already purchased nonhopper tickets, so I had her confirm how that would work, and luckily it does still work with nonhopper.
As I said earlier, the CM seemed to hint at some backstage experience with the rides, but I don't think that's enough for me, so I won't be getting the tour unless they offer the rides again. I'm going in Christmas weekend, so I couldn't buy it now anyway.

The enhance the experience is that they will have more time talking about the various holiday stuff.

I'm very disappointed. First the Happiest Haunts tour lets me down and now this. Don't they understand this is such a big part of what makes the tour special. I loved the holiday tour when we did it last. We all went on small world and sang and it was just so much fun and very festive. You won't get that sort of feel if you don't do anything"together".
And still not one word re a night time parade. It's just so frustrating.
On a positive note, nothing will ruin my magic.......8 sleeps to go:love:

When I talked to the CM, I was in shock,so I didn't express my dismay. Probably should have.
I was more worried that she mentioned DCA, and I had already purchased nonhopper tickets, so I had her confirm how that would work, and luckily it does still work with nonhopper.
As I said earlier, the CM seemed to hint at some backstage experience with the rides, but I don't think that's enough for me, so I won't be getting the tour unless they offer the rides again. I'm going in Christmas weekend, so I couldn't buy it now anyway.

The enhance the experience is that they will have more time talking about the various holiday stuff.

Backstage stuff wouldn't be enough for me. The way we justified giving up hours on one of our few park days was because at least we got to do 3 rides we wanted to do anyway.

I used to recommend this all the time. I won't do that again if it stays this way.

I need to quit refreshing that entertainment page. Not only is nothing new listed, but now the birthday cavalcade on 11/18 isn't listed. I think they're just messing with me now.

I agree with you. And, I'm really grateful for this board -- and all the work that Sherry put into building it -- as well as everyone who shares this kind of helpful information. It can potentially save people a lot of $$ and frustration in this particular case, and on a general note, truly enhance their DLR holiday experience!

Even without the tour, we still plan to have a magical, jolly holiday! I wish you all the same!
:santa:pixiedust::santa:

I need to quit refreshing that entertainment page. Not only is nothing new listed, but now the birthday cavalcade on 11/18 isn't listed. I think they're just messing with me now.

Lol! I'm not the only one incessantly checking the entertainment schedule only to be disappointed! Its pure craziness! What is the hold up!?!? :worried:

Lol! I'm not the only one incessantly checking the entertainment schedule only to be disappointed! Its pure craziness! What is the hold up!?!? :worried:

They did this last month too. For our big Halloween visit, it took FOREVER to post hours and entertainment!

Nope. It's open on my desktop and I refresh it several times a day. Eventually that watched pot is going to have to boil.

I think they took the Birthday Cavalcade off the schedule just to see if I was paying attention. :p

Haha, at least I know there's no way I'm going to miss any important information if I just follow this thread! :-)

I just booked for Nov 19 @ 2. The CM, Megan, mentioned that before the parade there was a pre-show right in front of the tour seating for the parade.... I didn't follow up...but I should have. lol

So, we have news now regarding the roll out of a digital fast pass system ( starting November 20 with Toy Story ), we also have news that the Christmas Day parade that airs on television will be filmed at Disneyland ( no date yet ), but, still no news re the holiday offerings and/or a night time parade!!!

Off to refresh.........again!!!

Wow! I just want to say THANK YOU :love: to this board and community for being awesome. Our trip is Dec 1-4 and I had already planned things around the Holiday Tour (didn't make any dining reservations on Saturday, made our proposed ride schedules already considering we'd get those 3 on the tour, etc.)... How strange that they decided to take out the rides as part of the tour but kept the cost the same! :eek: I sincerely hope that what some other posters have said is true... tour price comes with some sort of "Line Hopper" tickets where you can enter thru fastpass lane or handicap entrance at some other time outside of the tour.

I have been planning our trip for almost 2 months now and obsessively checking the website. They must have fairly recently updated the "Holiday Time Tour" page because it did originally still have the "includes riding holiday rides" or something to that effect. It seems kind of sneaky of them to not be explicitly saying "unlike previous years..." upfront-- both in print and over the phone while booking. Considering in all reviews prior the rides are highlighted as the things that makes it really worth it.

I really want to do the tour especially for the reserved seating as well... but without the rides I don't know if it's still worth the money!

Wow! I just want to say THANK YOU :love: to this board and community for being awesome. Our trip is Dec 1-4 and I had already planned things around the Holiday Tour (didn't make any dining reservations on Saturday, made our proposed ride schedules already considering we'd get those 3 on the tour, etc.)... How strange that they decided to take out the rides as part of the tour but kept the cost the same! :eek: I sincerely hope that what some other posters have said is true... tour price comes with some sort of "Line Hopper" tickets where you can enter thru fastpass lane or handicap entrance at some other time outside of the tour.

I have been planning our trip for almost 2 months now and obsessively checking the website. They must have fairly recently updated the "Holiday Time Tour" page because it did originally still have the "includes riding holiday rides" or something to that effect. It seems kind of sneaky of them to not be explicitly saying "unlike previous years..." upfront-- both in print and over the phone while booking. Considering in all reviews prior the rides are highlighted as the things that makes it really worth it.

I really want to do the tour especially for the reserved seating as well... but without the rides I don't know if it's still worth the money!

Yeah, I wasn't ready to pull the trigger and request a refund for our tour because I have a feeling something else is being added or offered to make up for it. I would hate to cancel and then find out it's something super awesome and then there's no more openings! My tour is on 11/14, so I will for sure let everyone on here know if there's any added surprises!

Yeah, I wasn't ready to pull the trigger and request a refund for our tour because I have a feeling something else is being added or offered to make up for it. I would hate to cancel and then find out it's something super awesome and then there's no more openings! My tour is on 11/14, so I will for sure let everyone on here know if there's any added surprises!

Thanks MacMama! I look forward to your report! I'm hoping for the best... enjoy the tour and your trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter