• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just talked with the tour center, and the lady told me the following

The tour is changed from previous years.

It does NOT include going on any rides, however there will be discussions about all the Christmas themed rides, and possibly some backstage as well on the rides. She read from her computer that people will be encouraged to go on the rides after the tour is over. It does include the vip parade treatment and other items though.

It does include about 20 minutes in DCA, however you don't need a hopper ticket, the guides will help you get into DCA if you don't have a hopper. She double checked this with her manager.

I'm disappointed because I don't think my 6 year old is going to like the tour if there are no rides...

oh no!!

I was willing to pay FOR the rides!

bummer

Maybe you won't go on the rides during the tour, but they will give you fastpasses for them to do after the tour? The holiday tour is my favourite that I have done, but no rides would be a total bummer!

Ok I am basing all my guessing on times etc based on what's on the calendar around busy Thanksgiving week etc at this point, I am assuming that the farily busy times operate on a similiar time frame (maybe?)..... since I am doing WOC party on a Saturday, and want to do a character breakfast on Sunday, I booked a time about an hour after rope drop, to hopefully avoid crowds at security(?) -also hoping hoping there's going to be a PTN parade on Thursday or Friday while I'm there.... totally unfamiliar with the place
FWIW, a CM (a supervisor, actually) I spoke with yesterday when booking my holiday tour said that the PTN parade ended with the 60th celebration. I didn't quiz her further about it possibly returning during the holidays.

FWIW, a CM (a supervisor, actually) I spoke with yesterday when booking my holiday tour said that the PTN parade ended with the 60th celebration. I didn't quiz her further about it possibly returning during the holidays.

It did. But that doesn't mean it won't start again. ;)

Disney has already announced that PtN is returning for the holiday, so I'm not sure why CMs are even saying stuff like that. There is really no doubt that it's returning, the speculation now is just when and for what nights...

I just called about my tour tickets to ask again about the rides, and was told today that the rides are NOT included =( When I asked what my cancellation window was, they told me all tour sales are final. No one told me that when I booked it...Anyways, pretty disappointing...that was a big benefit of the tour and one reason why I booked it...

I just called about my tour tickets to ask again about the rides, and was told today that the rides are NOT included =( When I asked what my cancellation window was, they told me all tour sales are final. No one told me that when I booked it...Anyways, pretty disappointing...that was a big benefit of the tour and one reason why I booked it...

With that sort of a change, I would call back and ask to speak with a manager. Or send an email to guest relations. They need to offer refunds under the circumstances.

With that sort of a change, I would call back and ask to speak with a manager. Or send an email to guest relations. They need to offer refunds under the circumstances.

That's what I was thinking! Plus...on the website, there's nothing that says sales are final, which Disney is pretty good about letting you know that. It's been really frustrating how different CMs say completely different things. I've had a CM tell me that hotel guests do NOT get early entry to DCA, JUST Disneyland. Which is obviously totally false. I've had the reservation line tell me that the AP discount at the hotel included a fast pass, while another one the same day say it doesn't. Like really?!

Disney has already announced that PtN is returning for the holiday, so I'm not sure why CMs are even saying stuff like that. There is really no doubt that it's returning, the speculation now is just when and for what nights...
Well, I knew several of the posters on this thread had said that, and they seemed to be sure of it..so it just proves that sometimes we fans know more than the CMs!!

That's what I was thinking! Plus...on the website, there's nothing that says sales are final, which Disney is pretty good about letting you know that. It's been really frustrating how different CMs say completely different things. I've had a CM tell me that hotel guests do NOT get early entry to DCA, JUST Disneyland. Which is obviously totally false. I've had the reservation line tell me that the AP discount at the hotel included a fast pass, while another one the same day say it doesn't. Like really?!
AP Discount at the Hotel + Fastpass

When we went in August I had a screen shot on my phone with that offer. When I checked in at DLH they knew nothing about it when I asked for our passes. When I then showed them my screen shot they talked to someone and produced the FP's for our group.

I find that not every CM has the same information. If you have either the written information email, screen shot etc..... it's surprising how much easier it is when they challenge you about you being incorrect or mistaken and you can produce the information.

I'm sure information for the CM's are constantly changing and it's hard for them to keep up and most of them do their best.

Can someone tell me about good places to scope out a spot for the Holiday fireworks? I am willing to wait a long time, hopefully sitting down somewhere. Is it better to be in the hub or somewhere on Main Street?

AP Discount at the Hotel + Fastpass

When we went in August I had a screen shot on my phone with that offer. When I checked in at DLH they knew nothing about it when I asked for our passes. When I then showed them my screen shot they talked to someone and produced the FP's for our group.

I find that not every CM has the same information. If you have either the written information email, screen shot etc..... it's surprising how much easier it is when they challenge you about you being incorrect or mistaken and you can produce the information.

I'm sure information for the CM's are constantly changing and it's hard for them to keep up and most of them do their best.

Thanks for that info. I actually did screen shot every step when booking online. So, did they give you any FP you chose, or a specific one?

My mother and I have taken the Holiday Tour for the past several years and were looking forward to booking it again this year. My mother called Guest Services today to ask whether rides are still included on the tour. She talked to one CM who confirmed rides were no longer included, and who agreed that it didn't make sense to take this tour benefit away. My mother asked to talk to a supervisor to express her disappointment. She then spoke to Ari Trout in the Guest Experience Services department. Ari confirmed that rides are no longer included in the Holiday Tour in order to "enhance the guest experience." (Note that the cost is still the same, without one of the tour's key features.) When my mother expressed her frustration with the change, Ari said that she was the first person who has complained about it.

So.... it sounds like more people should share their disappointment with this new arrangement, if they want Disney to consider adding back the rides to the Holiday Tour. I wonder what the motivation was for removing them?

My mother and I have taken the Holiday Tour for the past several years and were looking forward to booking it again this year. My mother called Guest Services today to ask whether rides are still included on the tour. She talked to one CM who confirmed rides were no longer included, and who agreed that it didn't make sense to take this tour benefit away. My mother asked to talk to a supervisor to express her disappointment. She then spoke to Ari Trout in the Guest Experience Services department. Ari confirmed that rides are no longer included in the Holiday Tour in order to "enhance the guest experience." (Note that the cost is still the same, without one of the tour's key features.) When my mother expressed her frustration with the change, Ari said that she was the first person who has complained about it.

So.... it sounds like more people should share their disappointment with this new arrangement, if they want Disney to consider adding back the rides to the Holiday Tour. I wonder what the motivation was for removing them?

I called again today, too. Actually twice today!
The second CM I spoke with totally understood my frustration and said she thought it was odd, too. She also said in a round about way that "guests will be encouraged to visit the attractions following the tour" and she thought that possibly meant you received some kind of FPs, but the only FP ride is Haunted Mansion. Anyways, ya, clear as mud. I also got all this conflicting information from the same CM regarding PtN, and she said she's be surprised if it played any time outside of the main school breaks (Thanksgiving week and Christmas break). And she said on two of my days (Monday and Tuesday) it absolutely wouldn't show because the park closed at 9:00 and there just wouldn't be time for PtN on those nights. But when I looked back last year, they were nights that the park closed at 9:00pm and PtN just ran earlier. With the holiday parade showing at 4:15pm, there's still plenty of time for PtN. So anyways...I think it's pretty lame of Disney to not be release final entertainment for Nov 10th-forward. People want to be able to plan their trips and book reservations that may or may not conflict with other things they're hoping to do.

I booked the Holiday Tour a couple of days ago for my trip before all the comments were posted about lack of rides. When I booked it, the CM did a long spiel about inclement weather, being there on time, etc. I was told the tour was the same as previous years. He never mentioned there would be no rides. The next day, after seeing all the comments, I called back and spoke to a CM who confirmed no rides were included with the tour this year. The CM wasn't sure why the rides were removed from the tour, and I expressed to her that was the biggest part of the tour for me. She apologized for the misinformation I received, and said she was refunding my money. She also put a lead supervisor on the line, and again I told her I probably would not have booked the tour if I knew no rides would be included. The lead also apologized. Thankfully, I was able to get a refund.

I called again today, too. Actually twice today!
The second CM I spoke with totally understood my frustration and said she thought it was odd, too. She also said in a round about way that "guests will be encouraged to visit the attractions following the tour" and she thought that possibly meant you received some kind of FPs, but the only FP ride is Haunted Mansion. Anyways, ya, clear as mud. I also got all this conflicting information from the same CM regarding PtN, and she said she's be surprised if it played any time outside of the main school breaks (Thanksgiving week and Christmas break). And she said on two of my days (Monday and Tuesday) it absolutely wouldn't show because the park closed at 9:00 and there just wouldn't be time for PtN on those nights. But when I looked back last year, they were nights that the park closed at 9:00pm and PtN just ran earlier. With the holiday parade showing at 4:15pm, there's still plenty of time for PtN. So anyways...I think it's pretty lame of Disney to not be release final entertainment for Nov 10th-forward. People want to be able to plan their trips and book reservations that may or may not conflict with other things they're hoping to do.

Well, I figured one of the possibilities for the definition of "select nights" might be Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. But honestly, what's the point of bringing it back for just a couple weeks? Seems like a lot of effort for very little payoff. And wouldn't most APs be blocked those days making for some hard AP holder feelings?

I still think the schedule for the Christmas parade is very promising for PTN being added at least some nights throughout the season.

But I wish they'd get their freaking show on the road.

Thanks for that info. I actually did screen shot every step when booking online. So, did they give you any FP you chose, or a specific one?
Good for you doing the screen shots. I get worried that I'll forget key information and even small details that it really helps me to do that. I then save on my phone and in a folder in my email. I also take photos of everyone's park pass.....just incase one gets lost. It's a lot easier to get it replaced.

The FP's were for any rides that take a FP. Good at DL / DCA any day of our stay.

Sometimes the FP is only given at certain times. If when you book your reservation and you see it as a perk, keep a copy of that offer as it isn't always given with every AP reservation. Seems to be a "limited time offer". If you don't see it being offered it wouldn't hurt to ask about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter