• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

So this is the first I have heard about Candy Cane beignets... are they new?! First trip to the land is next week!!

They must be as I have never seen them before! I am bummed I will miss them by 1 week! I love candy cane anything pretty much!

Did Disneyland add extra EMH/Magic Mornings last year for December? It looks like they are doing them at every day we are there in December which is bad for us since we are not staying on-site. If I would have known that I probably would have booked PP instead for our upcoming trip. Any suggestions? We will have one early entry as we have 5 day tickets and will hit DCA on a non-EMH there but now I am feeling much more worried about the crowds as my plan was to hit rope drop on the non-EMH days for Disneyland. So much for my planning...:headache::flower1: It will be an adventure!
Yikes!!! I don't recall seeing that last year! We leave the 16th but noticed upped hours while we are there too. Maybe because of AP being blocked (they usually go right before the blackout dates), winter break starting early, the 60tg, Star Wars, etc they are expecting Christmas break sized crowds early? Well still a fun time but at least we know what to expect this year lol not being able to walk! :snail:

Not sure if this has been posted yet but Disney Parks Blog announced how they are handling two WOC shows on the same night:

"Disney FASTPASS: Distribution for Disney FASTPASS for both “World of Color” shows will take place in the current distribution location near Grizzly River Run. Guests will join one queue and indicate their preferred show and time to the cast member at the front of the queue. The cast member will then direct you to the correct Disney FASTPASS machine. If you would like to attend more than one show, you must re-enter the queue to obtain Disney FASTPASS for that show time.

Dining Packages: If you choose to enjoy one of our “World of Color” dining packages, please indicate your preferred show when you make your reservation by calling (714) 781-DINE. Please be sure to select a meal time that is at least two hours before your preferred show time."

Here's the link: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...y-season-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Not sure if this has been posted yet but Disney Parks Blog announced how they are handling two WOC shows on the same night:

"Disney FASTPASS: Distribution for Disney FASTPASS for both “World of Color” shows will take place in the current distribution location near Grizzly River Run. Guests will join one queue and indicate their preferred show and time to the cast member at the front of the queue. The cast member will then direct you to the correct Disney FASTPASS machine. If you would like to attend more than one show, you must re-enter the queue to obtain Disney FASTPASS for that show time.

Dining Packages: If you choose to enjoy one of our “World of Color” dining packages, please indicate your preferred show when you make your reservation by calling (714) 781-DINE. Please be sure to select a meal time that is at least two hours before your preferred show time."

Here's the link: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...y-season-at-disney-california-adventure-park/
Thank you!

I missed that- thanks! Looks like we can pick the show and see both in 1 night if we want- ahh the possibilities lol

Why can't Disney get it's IT act together and let you choose your show when you book online? For that matter, why can't they let you specify the number of adults versus kids when you book online? I've already booked our dinner online, now I guess I need to call to tell them our show request. Annoying.

Okay, I'm back. The Theme Week Countdown comes to an end on Monday, and a couple of winners will be chosen in the random draw! Thank you to everyone who has posted their beautiful photos for the current Holiday Cornucopia week, and/or for the last few months.

A lot of holiday season-related info has been trickling in over the last couple of weeks -- especially this last week -- and sometimes it doesn't get posted here in this thread (which is very frustrating, as then info is scattered in a bunch of different places).

So, let's go down the list of some noteworthy tidbits --

Although the holidays officially kick off at DLR in one week (where did the time go?), today is basically the unofficial start date. Decorations are up and IASWH is open.

Candy cane-making dates have been published.

The Parks Blog has posted the details of how the 2 different showings of World of Color will work with Fast Passes.

A fairly comprehensive (but not complete) list of holiday season treats has been published, and the mysterious Candy Cane Beignets are new on the scene. It is unclear as to whether or not peppermint ice cream will be available at Clarabelle's and Gibson Girl.

The rumored Candlelight Ceremony narrators' names have now been revealed.

A Disneyland News press release was published, but there isn't really anything all that new and interesting in it - http://disneylandnews.com/2015/11/06/counting-down-the-holidays-at-the-disneyland-resort/.

The Christmas tree in Downtown Disney was up and in place before Halloween! :lmao:

And, for those who are ready to get into the holiday spirit, the Countdown to Christmas has begun on the Hallmark Channel (both channels) and 2 Christmas music stations have gone live on Sirius XM.

The nighttime air here in SoCal is now crisp and almost hot cocoa-worthy. It's time for the merry-making to begin!!

:santa::santa::santa:

Also, may I make a request? I know that another thread has been started asking for Holiday merchandise photos. If you happen to be heading to DLR soon and are taking photos of merchandise, can you also share them here in this thread as well as the other one? I'm planning to be at DLR in the not-too-distant future and will be taking photos of merchandise, which I would post here. But, chances are, people who are there now are going to be discovering various items and it would be great to see photos of them in this thread too, since merchandise is a huge part of the holiday season. What happened during Halloween Time was that, because everyone was posting their Halloween Time merchandise photos elsewhere, no one was really posting the merchandise photos or reporting back about the merchandise in the actual Halloween Time Superthread.

So it would be great to see the Holiday merchandise photos here as well. :goodvibes

Last edited:
It is unclear as to whether or not peppermint ice cream will be available at Clarabelle's and Gibson Girl.

Peppermint Ice Cream is listed under Gibson Girl on that Parks Blog entry linked above (easy to miss in that long list of yummy treats!

Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor

• Crushed Candy Cane Cone
  • Holiday Sprinkles Premium Cone
  • Peppermint Ice Cream

It looks like maybe they mistakenly put it under the French Market, and have corrected it to be under Gibson Girl?

Peppermint Ice Cream is listed under Gibson Girl on that Parks Blog entry linked above (easy to miss in that long list of yummy treats!

Oh, that's very, very weird. I looked right at that listing on the blog earlier today, and only saw the cones mentioned -- not the ice cream -- at Gibson Girl. In fact, I even did a search for it (Ctrl+F) to be sure I didn't miss it, and it did not appear under Gibson Girl! It only appeared at the BBQ and at the French Market (which I thought was odd)! :confused: Did you notice it listed for Gibson Girl earlier today, or was this your first time seeing it there? If this was your first time seeing it, then I might think that the blog was edited from when I first saw it today. Very strange.

Oh, that's very, very weird. I looked right at that listing on the blog earlier today, and only saw the cones mentioned -- not the ice cream -- at Gibson Girl. In fact, I even did a search for it (Ctrl+F) to be sure I didn't miss it, and it did not appear under Gibson Girl! It only appeared at the BBQ and at the French Market (which I thought was odd)! :confused: Did you notice it listed for Gibson Girl earlier today, or was this your first time seeing it there? If this was your first time seeing it, then I might think that the blog was edited from when I first saw it today. Very strange.
I read it earlier, but I don't remember where I saw it originally. I'm guessing they edited it to put it in the right place..maybe they saw your reply to the blog and realized the mistake?

I read it earlier, but I don't remember where I saw it originally. I'm guessing they edited it to put it in the right place..maybe they saw your reply to the blog and realized the mistake?

That could be. Something changed. I didn't trust myself to NOT miss something on the list since the list was long, which is why I did the search. When I saw the ice cream listed under the BTRBBQ and French Market but not at Gibson Girl or Clarabelle's, I thought "Oh no. Hopefully this isn't another Peppermint Ice Cream Shortage year (like 2013)!" I even did the search a second time, just to be sure I didn't miss something. I noticed that they posted my reply/comment almost immediately -- as opposed to the usual delay -- so maybe Rachel was able to go in and edit the blog right on the spot. :confused:

Either that, or I took a momentary trip through the Twilight Zone! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter