• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tour may have different rides but I am sure it has Small world and Hunted mansion and Jingle cruise. They did last year and these three rides are decorated too. Just for those who were wondering about it.

Getting so close.
Yesterday I ordered my Photo pass. We will order a tour tomorrow. (welcome to Disney Land) looks fun and like one we would like to try. For 20 bucks we think it will be worth it the way we see it. I have read a lot of reviews on it. It evens aid some ppl who go all the time would enjoy it.
Question any one done it lately?
Also what would be best to chose, vip seats for Aladdin or Mickey magic map?

Hooray! I can finally share some photos. I don't have Christmas photos from Disneyland yet but this year I will have a chance to take lots!

Bright Nights at Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Festival of Lights at Vandusen Botanical Garden in Vancouver, BC:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Christmas decor at Pike Place Market in Seattle, WA:

image.jpg
image.jpg
(Santa Pig haha)

Robson Square Ice Rink in Vancouver, BC:

image.jpg

I can't wait to take photos at Disneyland soon!!!

I had a little "moment" today . . . I was doing something while the TV was on and the Mater commercial about the holidays at the Disneyland Resort came on. I wasn't paying much attention, just kind of thinking yeah, yeah, yeah . . . this commercial again. Then all of the sudden it hit me: we are actually GOING this year (2 weeks from today even!!!)!!! Wa-hoo!!! It's been 10 years since out only other trip to DLR during the holiday season! I've been so busy dealing with other stuff (homeschooling, my daughter had foot surgery in September and just got her cast off, so physical therapy etc. etc.. .. . never a dull moment around here) that is was a nice little wake up call. Hooray!!!!!:banana::cool1:party:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I've been sick this past week. I got antibiotics today, so hopefully they kick in soon! Anyway, in case I can't get to my computer in time, I wanted to get at least something posted for the Cornucopia. Hopefully I can get my good ones posted in the next couple of days.

I can't believe the final theme week is here!

My skinny Disney Christmas tree (I wanted a Disney tree in the family room and a skinny tree was the only thing that would work!)
DSCN0608.jpg
IMG_0393.jpg

My son's Disney stockings. They still go up even though they are grown and don't even live in the same state any more.
DSCN0610.jpg

Our Christmas table, with a little bit of Disney as the centerpiece.
DSCN0647.jpg

And my favorite picture taken on our Christmas Disney trip last year.
54549820049.jpg

I hope everyone has wonderful Holiday DLR visits this season!

Here are some pictures from November 2014...it was the very beginning of the holidays at WDW, so there wasn't much in the way of decorations up around the entire resort. Mostly just MK and then the Osbourne Lights.

MK's Jingle Cruise:

JingleCruiseCollage.jpg

MK at night and BOG Christmas Tree
MKHolidayNightCollage.jpg

Osbourne Lights at DHS...sadly the last time we'll see them :(
OsbourneLightsCollage.jpg

My skinny Disney Christmas tree (I wanted a Disney tree in the family room and a skinny tree was the only thing that would work!)
DSCN0608.jpg
IMG_0393.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

DSCN0647.jpg

54549820049.jpg

I love the skinny Disney tree!

Still probably my favorite picture I've taken of the winter castle

As wintry as it gets in Phoenix ... ice skating in shirtsleeves

Gingerbread men made with the Disneyland recipe

The holidays are getting close!!

PHXscuba

Just want to check what we have to do to try and get a hand made candy cane. When the gates open go straight to the Candy Palace in Main Street, wait in line and hope for a wristband. I know my chances of getting one aren't good but I want to try at least once.

Just want to check what we have to do to try and get a hand made candy cane. When the gates open go straight to the Candy Palace in Main Street, wait in line and hope for a wristband. I know my chances of getting one aren't good but I want to try at least once.

If you do this, you are in with a good chance. I got stuck behind a group that had ticket issues last year and then power walked to Candy Palace as soon as I was inside the park. It was just past rope drop at that point and I did get my candy cane wristband.

Corinna

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I plan to read through the entire thread...
but (in the mean time!) i have a few questions I am hoping you could help me with :)

My husband and I have the opportunity to go FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME to Disneyland! (YAY!!)
It is sudden and will be between 12/26 and 1/1. We will not have more than 2 days there. *sob*
So I am trying to research but the best info comes from people who LOVE to go!

So here are some questions:

1. What would be the best 2 consecutive days to go during that time frame? I know it is going to be busy beyond belief but which days may have the least amount of people? Has anyone attended New Years Eve?

2. We do not have children, so factoring that out, what would be the top CAN'T MISS activities to try for?

3. Any and ALL recommendations? Favorite shops? Holiday entertainment?

4. Money is a factor, so we will be eating on the cheap. What should we look for? Can we bring our own snacks since we don't have children?

Thank you so much in advance!
First time in 45 years :P
I am just ECSTATIC!!
I adore Christmas and Disney and cant even imagine combining the two :wave2:

DSCN0608.jpg
IMG_0393.jpg

My son's Disney stockings. They still go up even though they are grown and don't even live in the same state any more.
DSCN0610.jpg

DSCN0647.jpg

54549820049.jpg

I also love your skinny Disney tree!! I may have to do something similar. :)

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I plan to read through the entire thread...
but (in the mean time!) i have a few questions I am hoping you could help me with :)

My husband and I have the opportunity to go FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME to Disneyland! (YAY!!)
It is sudden and will be between 12/26 and 1/1. We will not have more than 2 days there. *sob*
So I am trying to research but the best info comes from people who LOVE to go!

So here are some questions:

1. What would be the best 2 consecutive days to go during that time frame? I know it is going to be busy beyond belief but which days may have the least amount of people? Has anyone attended New Years Eve?

2. We do not have children, so factoring that out, what would be the top CAN'T MISS activities to try for?

3. Any and ALL recommendations? Favorite shops? Holiday entertainment?

4. Money is a factor, so we will be eating on the cheap. What should we look for? Can we bring our own snacks since we don't have children?

Thank you so much in advance!
First time in 45 years :P
I am just ECSTATIC!!
I adore Christmas and Disney and cant even imagine combining the two :wave2:

First off you do not need to read the ENTIRE thread, nor would I suggest it at over 100 pages already, lol. Definitely read the first page as Sherry has all the holiday stuff highlighted. Maybe read over the last 10 pages or so and feel free to ask questions that may have already been asked/answered. You can also use the search tool to search this thread (or the entire board).

1. My best guess would be Mon/Tue or Tue/Wed. NYE will likely end up closed due to capacity, but really any of the days during your week could have that happen. I've never visited during that time frame, I'm just using the base that Mon-Wed tend to be the quieter days, but just know that THERE WILL BE NO QUIET DAYS FROM DEC 26- JAN1!

2. I'd consider trying to book the Holiday Tour, that will get you on Small World, Jingle Cruise, and the Haunted Mansion as well as seats for the parade. I wouldn't be surprised if the tours are sold out, but I'd at least call & try. I'm not sure if you're into roller coasters / thrill rides or not, but you'll definitely want to get FP's for Space, Indy, Screamin', Tower of Terror, etc. There will be 2 different parades going when you're there. In the afternoon the Holiday Parade & and night the 60th Anniversary Paint the Night parade. Plus you have the fireworks show.

3. Aladdin for sure (it goes away for good on Jan 10th). Even without kids, I found Turtle Talk with Crush to be entertaining. Viva Navidad in DCA is also supposed to be entertaining (and pretty short, so not a huge time-suck).

4. You can definitely bring in food! You can bring in a soft-sided cooler, just no glass bottles or knives. There are lockers in the front of both parks, but I don't know the size. We have little ones, so we use our stroller, but we always carry in all our water, PB&J sandwiches, and random snacks for the kids. When eating out try to look at other proportions and you may find yourselves able to split a main course and then get a dessert to share as well.

I too LOVE your Disney tree! I have one with all Disney and Hawaii ornament's on it! My favorite places! :)

--Lori

Did Disneyland add extra EMH/Magic Mornings last year for December? It looks like they are doing them at every day we are there in December which is bad for us since we are not staying on-site. If I would have known that I probably would have booked PP instead for our upcoming trip. Any suggestions? We will have one early entry as we have 5 day tickets and will hit DCA on a non-EMH there but now I am feeling much more worried about the crowds as my plan was to hit rope drop on the non-EMH days for Disneyland. So much for my planning...:headache::flower1: It will be an adventure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter