Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are some from my solo trip in Nov/13
DSC06781 by greytyetti!, on Flickr

DSC06848 by greytyetti!, on Flickr

DSC06775 by greytyetti!, on Flickr

DSC06780 by greytyetti!, on Flickr

I didn't want to make them too big as to save space on the thread. I'll download some more pics into my Flickr account when I've got time for this thread. Sadly I didn't know that my camera was on it's last legs with a dying hard drive till I returned from my trip to find alot of pics missing from the memory card.

Trish

WOW! These pictures are wonderful, everyone! I am so excited about going for the first time during the holidays.

I assume sometimes the parade gets cancelled due to rain, but hopefully not too often as I would hate to miss it.

The Holiday Tour sounds interesting...
How far ahead can one make reservations?
Is there more than one Holiday Tour a day? Does anyone know the times of day that the tour starts (assuming lasting about a 3 hours)?

WOW! These pictures are wonderful, everyone! I am so excited about going for the first time during the holidays.

I assume sometimes the parade gets cancelled due to rain, but hopefully not too often as I would hate to miss it.

Is there more than one Holiday Tour a day? Does anyone know the times of day that the tour starts (assuming lasting about a 3 hours)?

LongTimeFan --

The parade will sometimes get cancelled due to rain -- in fact, DIS'er danimaroo's Christmas Fantasy Parade was cancelled in November 2012 due to rain, about which she was not happy (since the parade seats are a huge selling point of the tour!).

You can book the tour 30 days out from the date you want.

I can't recall the exact tour times (maybe someone else will recall), but I think the later one (the one that brings you to IASWH when the lights go on) starts somewhere in the 3 p.m. range, or close to it?? At one point -- though maybe not last year? -- there used to be a noon tour as well.

There are reviews of the tour linked in this post (under Main Street/Holiday Tour).

LongTimeFan --

The parade will sometimes get cancelled due to rain -- in fact, DIS'er danimaroo's Christmas Fantasy Parade was cancelled in November 2012 due to rain, about which she was not happy (since the parade seats are a huge selling point of the tour!).

You can book the tour 30 days out from the date you want.

I can't recall the exact tour times (maybe someone else will recall), but I think the later one (the one that brings you to IASWH when the lights go on) starts somewhere in the 3 p.m. range, or close to it?? At one point -- though maybe not last year? -- there used to be a noon tour as well.

There are reviews of the tour linked in this post (under Main Street/Holiday Tour).

I believe our tour started at 12:30 and ended with the day parade the first time we did it and started at 3:30 pm and ended with the night parade the other time. I believe we booked 60 or 90 days out.

Here are my only 2013 Holiday Parade pictures. We happened to be leaving the park and a cast member was blocking foot traffic for a minute. WAY different perspective than the tour ;)

IMG_4080watermark_zps10e095e6.jpg

IMG_4084watermark_zpsa9abec77.jpg

IMG_4082watermark_zps36ed1faa.jpg

I will group mine in batches like Janet. Here are the Christmas Fantasy Parade images…

I agree too -- great photos, everyone, and I have logged everyone's entries into the random draw!

We still haven't seen some of the fireworks photos that I know people have -- from I'm mikey and Bret/mvf-m11c, for example! Prepare to be dazzled!

Love seeing all the photos! I'm a little sad that I don't have any to contribute this week. I've seen the parade and the fireworks, but I must've been too busy watching to take pictures. ;-)

I just got back from my trip to the DLR this past weekend. My favorite theme during the theme week countdown. I can never get tired of Believe...In Holiday Magic fireworks and A Christmas Fantasy Parade.

Here are my pictures.

Believe…In Holiday Magic fireworks

2012 fireworks with trails
8191962431_9534c05a9e_c.jpg

8191963957_6160ea1b58_c.jpg

8193053450_c9a228fd4b_c.jpg

8191967833_f8f3e07926_c.jpg

8193055920_6088dc4f86_c.jpg

8193057322_9fe720e4a5_c.jpg

8193059254_90fc008268_c.jpg

8191974583_e877eb3c48_c.jpg

8191976723_1edba795a8_c.jpg

8191978411_e4b5a56874_c.jpg

8193066380_9d3f3cfa2e_c.jpg

2013 BIHM Fireworks

“A Christmas Fantasy” Parade

2013 “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade

Music Box float

Toy Soldiers

Mailroom Elves

Daisy on the Mailroom float

Mrs. Claus

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42656047@N06/12145989614/in/photostream/

Welcome to A Winter Wonderland unit

Snowflake performers

Pooh and the skiers

Tigger

Eeyore

Mickey and Minnie ice skate atop the Ice Rink float. Right now it is currently being used as the Frozen pre-parade float that made its debut this summer.

Clarabelle Cow

Goofy and Pluto on the Gingerbread float. Originally Max was on top of the gingerbread house until Pluto was moved from the Mailroom float and now is on this float. I do miss Max on the gingerbread float.

Lady Tremaine, Drizella and Anastasia

The Candlelight Ball float. The float had a new addition last year with Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.

Chip and Dale on the Humdinger

Toy Factory Elves

Giant Toy Factory float

Reindeers

Can’t forget about Santa

wow you all have such nice pics. sadly this week I don't have any for the them but this is sure getting me in the mood.

Thanks all for the info on the Holiday Tour.

Those fireworks look amazing, too! Can't wait!

Do they have it "snow" somewhere during the holidays?

Things are finally falling into place or to a certain extend are being forced into place. I had the Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground booked for November 23rd to December 1st for a while, but was keeping my fingers crossed that my waitlist for the Villas at the Grand Californian for November 10th to 13th would come through. Unfortunately my banking window closes on Thursday and I will be traveling the next couple of days so I made a reservation at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel today using my DVC points. I am actually really looking forward to staying there. We also now have the flights from the UK to Los Angeles and back booked now. This is starting to feel real.

Corinna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter