DisneyEverAfter's Escape 5/8/12 SBP/Fultons/Japan ~ TR put on hold...

Bummer on the rain, but I am so excited for you...and just a little bit jealous. No matter what everything will be beautiful!! Can't wait to hear about your special day!! YAY TRIP REPORT!!! :yay::yay:

Positive vibes and pixie dust being sent your way! your day is going to be beautiful

Teresa

Happy Wedding Day!

Happy wedding day!!!!!!!!!

party: HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!! party:

Happy wedding day!!

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!!!!!

:cool1:

Happy Wedding Day!

THANK YOU LADIES!!! Our day was magical.. But we totally got rained out after dinner!!! GAH~ Can't wait to write my TR to share with all you lovely ladies! Once I get professional pics I'll definitely start the TR! We just got back this afternoon and are heading upstate tomorrow for the Caverns, seeing our friends upstate, & also Niagara Falls! So probably next week someone I'll be starting the TR :goodvibes

So happy to finally have the time to start the TR! As soon as we got back from the honeymoon and bummed around for a day, I had to go to work that Sunday & Monday and have been busy since trying to clean catch up on stuff around the house! So it's about time for me to start the TR :thumbsup2 I organized all my HM photos finally, so let's start!!

Sunday May 6th
Sunday we got up and realized we were leaving the next day :eek: Nyx had to work that day for a full shift and my friend Amanda was coming over in the afternoon as she was going on the same flight with us so she was staying the night at our house. Amanda finally got here as Cherie (SIL) and I were waiting for her to go get mani/pedi's. So we headed over to get nails done and I got my eyebrows waxed (as they were quite bushy at this point). Getting our nails done was a riot :laughing: the massage chair was quite different when Cherie and I were getting Pedi's, there was this weird butt-massager??? It kept poking us in the butt!!! I don't know but we were cracking up the whole time between that and the being-ticklish part! (can you tell I don't get my nails done often?) My toenails looked fab since I had a procedure done to my toenail (for ingrowns) over a year back & my left toenail never grew back right so it looked funky :headache: But I was super pleased with what the lady did. So after nails were done we headed home. Nyx got home just as soon as we did, so we all had dinner and started to think about packing.

...YES you read right! We didn't even pack yet and it was already 5pm!

So we started packing... Amanda just laughed at us since we were busy right up to the time we left. We packed all the toiletries and such and made a big list for stuff we still needed. At this point (since it was Sunday) I was harassing Nyx to go and get a haircut. Now usually I give him haircuts, but I'm not "professional" and we don't have super good clippers, so for the first time in his life I wanted him to get a real haircut :rotfl: So by the time he actually left to get their haircut it was around 8pm. He texts me and says "...every place is closed" He wondered why I was harassing him to go earlier! Maybe if we went right out of work we wouldn't have this problem... So we decided we would just go and get it cut once in FL. I was fine with that..

So once he got back we went with our list to Target quick to pick up a couple things and on the way there we saw a barber shop open, but target was also about to close, so I said if that barber shop it still open when we come out of Target then we'll go. Well, it was open, so we went in. Now, I love where I live, but sometimes it's just so... ghetto... lol that's the nicest way to put it... We are a very diverse town, tons of nationalities, but this particular barber shop, the owner didn't speak ANY English.. We went in and Spanish music was blasting, and we had to yell over the music to what we wanted.. They couldn't lower the music, no, we had to YELL. -_-; Anyway, he did an awesome job! I loved this guy! Now, Nyx has a mustache he has NEVER shaved... ever... when he first got his mustache hairs in his teens he just never cut it, so this guy was a TRUE BARBER! He gave him a close shave and trimmed his mustache. I almost died when the barber touched his mustache! I turned to Amanda and was like, "OMG.. he's going to flip... he NEVER lets ANYONE touch the 'stache..." Seriously, I'm not even allowed to trim it! He looked pissed, but in the end this guy did such an awesome and thorough job. He even gave us all lollipops in the end! (there was a kid there and I guess he thought we would like them? Which we totally did!) After we got in the car Nyx goes, ".....No one touches the 'stache.. See what I go through for you?!" :rotfl: I was so proud!

So basically it was around 1am by the time we finished packing, but we got it all done. We did good!!! But.. the one thing we forgot... THE ANNUAL PASSES! :headache: (which was fixed, will post on it on the wedding day!)

Monday May 7th
We all woke up around 5am as Nyx's grandfather was driving us to the airport around 545. We were out the door waiting on the porch at 530! ;) We were all super excited!!!! We were even ready before Nyx's parents across the street! Cherie got up at 530 & was still in her pajamas at this point, bahaha! So we got to the airport about 15 minutes later and within another 15 minutes we got through security and were waiting for our plane. We got bored waiting for the plane and started to take pictures, but I don't know whose camera had the pictures! I think it was Cherie's, so I'll have to update with those pics if I get my hands on 'em =P

So we boarded the plane early as all the passengers were on and we even left early. Now, I don't like planes very much.. I get really nervous. And I don't know if it was a combination of nerves from the plane ride, or from the pre-wedding jitters, or because it was basically the majority of our family on that plane (I get nervous about crashes often), but once we took off I just started bawling! I felt one tear drop and then from there I just exploded for about 15 minutes. But after my emotions calmed down, I watched my court shows on the plane and by the time we knew it we were landing in FL! YAY!

IMG_0244.jpg

Me post-crying lol I look kinda aweful... But look at Nyx's snazzy haircut & 'stache trim lol!
IMG_0245.jpg

So we met my dad at the airport at baggage claim (where Amanda needed to get her bag since she didn't book ME for some reason...) So my dad saw us off at the ME after we talked over a couple details before the wedding day. We got Amanda hooked up with the ME (She's never been to WDW before so she didn't know how to get there! Poor thing..)

So everyone got checked in & to their hotel rooms. We were staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first two nights. We got my dress that I sent to myself & also we got our first set of pins!!

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

The room was nice, but for some reason I was expecting a nicer room.. I did enjoy it though! Just thought it'd be a bit bigger... Better than All-Stars anyway lol

IMG_0248.jpg

Lol @ this girl on Maury! I have this good luck in catching pictures at the right moment!
IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

So I think around 4pm Amanda and Nyx and I met up in DTD (since Amanda was at All Stars & she's never been to Disney before) to have lunch and then head over to the Boardwalk to check out the venue. We met up and had lunch at the Earl of Sandwich, which I'm iffy about sandwiches, but this was so tasty! I think all three of us were super impressed and I'd definitely go there again, we were just looking for something quick and better than expected! I had a meatball marinara sandwich, but they gave it a cooler name, Nyx had some sort of Italian combo and I forget what Amanda had, I think turkey. YUM!

Then we ended up wanting to waste some time (since we had the rest of the day) so I think we ended up taking the bus to Epcot. I just have to assume it was Epcot since we then took the ferry over to the Boardwalk area:
IMG_0266.jpg

Then we reached The Boardwalk! Yay!
IMG_0254.jpg

So we putzed around the Boardwalk and took a look for SBP just to see what it looked like in person, which was absolutely beautiful! I loved it...
IMG_0256.jpg

We just walked around the boardwalk and headed along the boardwalk to beach and yacht club and eventually to the swan & dolphin. We explored and walked around and eventually when we were at S&D the skies opened up... We wanted to go play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens but we ended up stuck at S&D... My unfortunately failed attempt to photograph rain:
IMG_0265.jpg

BUT we ended up seeing a bride while we were sheltered letting to rain to let up! He dress was beautiful, but she was stomping around super pissed.. I don't know why... :confused3 She was inside and also sheltered... But soon the rain let up enough for us to make a run for it to head home.. We skipped the mini golf and just went back to our hotel rooms.

Nyx & I had booked a carriage ride for us at POR for 9pm, but once we got back to the hotel room around 7pm we had gotten a call saying they cancelled our carriage ride because of the rain =< The ponies don't do rides in the rain.. So we ended up chilling around the hotel room and decided to head over to the food court to crab some grub. It was just fast food blah-ness, nothing fancy
IMG_0274.jpg

After food we went back to our room, put up our signs, got Nyx packed, and off he went around 10pm to his parents' hotel room.
IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

We said goodbye because I wouldn't see or talk to him until we were both at SBP saying our I-Do's!

Yay an update.

I always get so annoyed when I read these damn TR and you all have short flights to WDW LOL. I'm just jealous, I hate flying too.

Can't wait til the wedding day and park days. Sucks about the rain.

Yay, you started your TR! :banana:

LOL at the packing. I'm notorious for packing at the last minute, I don't know why. What with laundry and errands, we didn't finish until 1am as well. With the alarm set for 5. Doh! (Will I learn from this? Probably not. ;))

We've never stayed at Port Orleans, so yay for pictures. I worry that I'm never going to want to stay at a value resort again, though.

Wasn't Earl of Sandwich so yummy? We stopped by there one night, and Doug's seriously wishing they were up here. Why can't it be February NOW?!

Aww, I'm sorry the carriage ride was cancelled! Were you able to reschedule?

Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

Yay an update.

I always get so annoyed when I read these damn TR and you all have short flights to WDW LOL. I'm just jealous, I hate flying too.

Can't wait til the wedding day and park days. Sucks about the rain.

LOL I am sorry! You have quite-a-ways to go.... I despise flying, but I must do it for The World :goodvibes Can't wait to start the wedding day once I get all my professional pics! I'm super excited and it definitely was memorable in so many ways! I have a love/hate relationship with the rain...

Yay, you started your TR! :banana:

LOL at the packing. I'm notorious for packing at the last minute, I don't know why. What with laundry and errands, we didn't finish until 1am as well. With the alarm set for 5. Doh! (Will I learn from this? Probably not. ;))

We've never stayed at Port Orleans, so yay for pictures. I worry that I'm never going to want to stay at a value resort again, though.

Wasn't Earl of Sandwich so yummy? We stopped by there one night, and Doug's seriously wishing they were up here. Why can't it be February NOW?!

Aww, I'm sorry the carriage ride was cancelled! Were you able to reschedule?

Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

But see I'm the one who usually packs a million years ahead! I don't know what got over me... POR was gorgeous! I wish we stayed their longer just for the overall ambiance! It was really romantic ;) Early of Sandwich definitely was yummy, better than expected for sure! Def wish we had one in this area =< We ended up not rescheduling our carriage ride as we had other things planned throughout the honeymoon, but we'll do it either for our Thanksgiving/X-mas trip or the February one! Can't wait to get my professional pics to start the wedding day TR!!! It was definitely a crazy day :rotfl:

WHOO!!!! SO EXCITED FOR THE TR!! And I am dying to see you SBP pictures; get a good idea of what mine will look like. :rotfl2:

So completely off topic but I love taking ME and DF told me today he wants to rent a car! It makes sense and it makes early morning and late night ressies so much easier, but getting on that bus (and not having to worry about luggage) is so fun and I just love the anticipation!!

So anyway, day one seems to be off to a good start. Sounds nice and relaxing, we plan to have a similar day just so there is some time to unwind and enjoy ourselves.

Very excited to hear about the BIG DAY!! I'm tuned in and waiting!!

WHOO!!!! SO EXCITED FOR THE TR!! And I am dying to see you SBP pictures; get a good idea of what mine will look like. :rotfl2:

So completely off topic but I love taking ME and DF told me today he wants to rent a car! It makes sense and it makes early morning and late night ressies so much easier, but getting on that bus (and not having to worry about luggage) is so fun and I just love the anticipation!!

So anyway, day one seems to be off to a good start. Sounds nice and relaxing, we plan to have a similar day just so there is some time to unwind and enjoy ourselves.

Very excited to hear about the BIG DAY!! I'm tuned in and waiting!!

Day one was good! Minus the rain I suppose ruining our mini golf... I'm anxiously awaiting all our wedding photos though! I haven't been blogged or been showed previews yet & I'm getting really anxious as people are annoying me to see them! Type A personality for sure =P The big day was SO FUN (maybe not for others due to torrential downpour happenings), but it was 100% perfect, I wouldn't change a thing :goodvibes

Lol so I suppose I should give an update, huh?!?!

Well, we finally got our wedding photos which came out wonderful! (Thanks Randy!!!!) BUT I'm gunna tell you ladies why I've been slacking on getting photos up and not starting the wedding day TR...

I'M PREGNANT! Yes, an oopsie honeymoon baby...

No family knows yet except the immediate family and we'll officially announce after about 3 months, but I suppose I can trust you ladies (and the fact that my family does not know about this PJ except the immediate family... lol...)

And have absolutely no motivation for anything and all I want to do is sleep.. Therefore, y'all are gunna haveta wait! I want to cry every time I see the 3,000 photos Nyx and I have to go through and choose from as our "favorites" because it's just SO overwhelming..

Well, there ya go. An update. And that is that... lol TTFN as I am about to go sleep more =P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter