Disney without going into Parks

We were there last week and did not go to any parks. We just road the monorail to MK and got on the first bus/boat that arrived. The boat to Wilderness Lodge was first! Then we did the same when we finished exploring the resort. A bus to Epcot pulled up, we hopped on. Once at Epcot, we boarded the first bus we saw, Pop Century. Then back to MK and hopped on a bus to Old Key West. Took the boat to DS, had lunch, explored. Boat to French Quarter, Taxi back to our resort for a nap. Then explored the monorail resorts and took the Epcot monorail. It was a great day! We rarely take the time to explore new resorts, so this was amazing!

We've done this! Somehow we managed to take the monorail to MK, the ferry at the TTC, the boat to WL, the monorail to Epcot, boats to DS/OWK, etc. Can't remember the order we did it in, but we spent the majority of a day riding Disney transportation and having the occasional refreshing adult beverage when we were at resorts. It was a lot of fun!

You could do tea at the GF, walk the Boardwalk, do the culinary tour of Boma/Jiko at AKL, if you are there on a Wed Jiko does a wine tasting (costs and you should get a reservation), in the evening there's the Electric Water Pageant, definitely ride the boat to Disney Springs even if it's not part of a "disney transport tour". OH and two words; POOL BAR!!

Last week we did a fishing excursion, it was a 2 hour trip. They picked us up at the Poly, but they are based out of Fort Wilderness. My husband loved it! He said he caught some of the biggest fish he has ever caught. The guide will help you bait and take the fish off the hook if your not comfortable with it.

Last week we did a fishing excursion, it was a 2 hour trip. They picked us up at the Poly, but they are based out of Fort Wilderness. My husband loved it! He said he caught some of the biggest fish he has ever caught. The guide will help you bait and take the fish off the hook if your not comfortable with it.
Do you mind telling me the cost of the fishing excursion? I was thinking of surprising my husband and father-in-law with something like this.

So far we are doing the Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness, planning on also renting a canoe or kayak while we are there. We also want to do the Sea Racer, I did this 29 years ago and can't wait to try it again.
The sea racers are fun. I suggest going to Poly to rent them, the resort is beautiful and nice to walk around. You could pair this with maybe a little monorail tour of the other resorts and if there late enough you can catch the fireworks from the poly beach. There is always trader sams to get a drink -it is usually busy but you can put your name in and they will text you when you can get in or you can grab a drink at the outside bar where there is sometimes music playing.

The sea racers are fun. I suggest going to Poly to rent them, the resort is beautiful and nice to walk around. You could pair this with maybe a little monorail tour of the other resorts and if there late enough you can catch the fireworks from the poly beach. There is always trader sams to get a drink -it is usually busy but you can put your name in and they will text you when you can get in or you can grab a drink at the outside bar where there is sometimes music playing.
We rented sea raycers at yacht club and loved it! It might be an every trip kind of thing now. We want to try the mk area next time

Another vote by Hoop de do!!! Get the early show(4ish) and after you can take an internal bus to chip and dales sing along until it’s time for fireworks. Then head on down to the beach, watch fireworks and catch the electrical water pageant. If you do the middle show (6:30ish) you get out just in time for fireworks on the beach. My times are probably off a little but it works and is a lot of fun

We were there last week and did not go to any parks. We just road the monorail to MK and got on the first bus/boat that arrived. The boat to Wilderness Lodge was first! Then we did the same when we finished exploring the resort. A bus to Epcot pulled up, we hopped on. Once at Epcot, we boarded the first bus we saw, Pop Century. Then back to MK and hopped on a bus to Old Key West. Took the boat to DS, had lunch, explored. Boat to French Quarter, Taxi back to our resort for a nap. Then explored the monorail resorts and took the Epcot monorail. It was a great day! We rarely take the time to explore new resorts, so this was amazing!

We are going in 3 months and we are so going to do this one day! Thanks for the idea!!!! Love it!

My husband and I don't have kids so all of our Disney trips are just us two unless our friends join us. We don't do the parks everyday during our trips. Here's some of my favorite non-parks activities:

- pools are usually less crowded in the morning to mid-day when families come back from parks to swim & relax so we usually hang by the pool in the early part of the day and then head to the room and get ready for dinner
- go to WL & rent a pontoon boat. Surprisingly its very affordable for an hour to cruise around the SSL, then go to Geyser Point for an adult beverage
- Resort hop around the monorail/Drink around the monorail
- Visit the Boardwalk & check out the hotels in that area
- Check out DS's restaurants and shops.

Some of our non-parks days are my favorite days!

[/QUOTE]
Surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon! So much fun, and you don't need a theme park or water park ticket. The Night Safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge also looks fun, though we haven't tried it yet.

Did you see Tim Tracker vlogged his surfing lesson at Typhoon Lagoon. Looks like fun, but you'd have to be more fit than I am to do it.

One year we were in Orlando for Christmas at Universal Studios and needed our Disney Fix for we went to Disney Springs for Dinner and took a bus to one of hte resorts (not sure which one first) and we did a Christmas Decor, Gingerbread House crawl using Disney transpotation. It was Magical !

It was a great experience, and they tailored the lesson to individual skill sets, so anyone who was totally new did something different than people who had some level of experience. Newbies learnt to stand up (with a push so they didn't have to paddle), whilst the more experienced people got to paddle and carve some turns. There were two sizes of waves for each set: one large and one small, so you could choose which one you felt more comfortable with. It was really well organised, we caught dozens of waves, and all the newbies got to stand up at least once. I only wish the ocean near us could be so cooperative with such beautiful and consistent waves, LOL.
46834015091_878fd4f345_k.jpg
This looks amazing

Spending the evening on the Boardwalk. Going to the resorts and not just eating or chilling, WL and the Animal Kingdom Lodge have a ton of stuff in the corridors, better than some museums. Not to mention strolling between FQ and RS, taking a boat down to DS from them too. Look out for the free tours too.

One year we were in Orlando for Christmas at Universal Studios and needed our Disney Fix for we went to Disney Springs for Dinner and took a bus to one of hte resorts (not sure which one first) and we did a Christmas Decor, Gingerbread House crawl using Disney transpotation. It was Magical !
All the resorts have wonderful decorations, the chocolate carousel at Beach Club and the miniature railway at Yacht Club are lovely.

I like monorail hopping. I'd take the bus over to the MK, and then either walk or take the monorail over to the Contemporary. Do a little shopping, maybe have a drink, explore the resort. When done, hop on the monorail and repeat at the Polynesian and GF. After the monorail tour, you can either take a bus back to your resort, or hop on a boat and head to the Wilderness Lodge and explore that resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter