Disney without going into Parks

HEIDIR

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are heading to DW next weekend for 3 nights. We are staying at CS and not planning on going into the parks.
Tell me your favorite non-theme park things to do in the World.
So far we are doing the Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness, planning on also renting a canoe or kayak while we are there. We also want to do the Sea Racer, I did this 29 years ago and can't wait to try it again.

Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue would be my first choice. Disney Springs is nice. The Void was a great experience, and the street performers were fun. Nice food too.

We were there last week and did not go to any parks. We just road the monorail to MK and got on the first bus/boat that arrived. The boat to Wilderness Lodge was first! Then we did the same when we finished exploring the resort. A bus to Epcot pulled up, we hopped on. Once at Epcot, we boarded the first bus we saw, Pop Century. Then back to MK and hopped on a bus to Old Key West. Took the boat to DS, had lunch, explored. Boat to French Quarter, Taxi back to our resort for a nap. Then explored the monorail resorts and took the Epcot monorail. It was a great day! We rarely take the time to explore new resorts, so this was amazing!

If you’ll have a car we thought it was fun just to drive around to all of the resorts.

ETA: We’re going in two weeks and plan to putt putt for the first time and rent a sea raycer for the first time

Last edited:

Surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon! So much fun, and you don't need a theme park or water park ticket. The Night Safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge also looks fun, though we haven't tried it yet.

Surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon! So much fun, and you don't need a theme park or water park ticket. The Night Safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge also looks fun, though we haven't tried it yet.
I want to do the surfing so bad sometime

I want to do the surfing so bad sometime
It was a great experience, and they tailored the lesson to individual skill sets, so anyone who was totally new did something different than people who had some level of experience. Newbies learnt to stand up (with a push so they didn't have to paddle), whilst the more experienced people got to paddle and carve some turns. There were two sizes of waves for each set: one large and one small, so you could choose which one you felt more comfortable with. It was really well organised, we caught dozens of waves, and all the newbies got to stand up at least once. I only wish the ocean near us could be so cooperative with such beautiful and consistent waves, LOL.
46834015091_878fd4f345_k.jpg

It was a great experience, and they tailored the lesson to individual skill sets, so anyone who was totally new did something different than people who had some level of experience. Newbies learnt to stand up (with a push so they didn't have to paddle), whilst the more experienced people got to paddle and carve some turns. There were two sizes of waves for each set: one large and one small, so you could choose which one you felt more comfortable with. It was really well organised, we caught dozens of waves, and all the newbies got to stand up at least once. I only wish the ocean near us could be so cooperative with such beautiful and consistent waves, LOL.
46834015091_878fd4f345_k.jpg
I’ve never surfed before and Disney seems like the best place to do it for the first time. We won’t be able to do it on this trip but someday!

Think You need to stay at WL to join that

I second doing the Hoop-de-do Revue. Another idea is tea at the Grand Floridian. DH & I did that, and it was delightful!

I took my son once to just go to Typhoon Lagoon, and on the day we left, we popped over to Polynesian and had Dole Whips.

At Disney Springs, my favorite restaurant is Raglan Road Irish Pub - you can easily get ressies using opentable instead of Disney reservation system. Loved seeing the Irish dancing while eating.

I love resort hopping! Some of the resorts even have tours! We did a free walking tour at Wilderness Lodge a few years ago that I highly recommend - there were only 5 people in the entire group so it was really intimate and the guide was really passionate about Disney :)

We did that walking tour also and enjoyed it so much!

the Boardwalk area has a walking tour as well. Some resorts have mini fun runs also. Plus, movie nights and campfires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter