• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney with Geeks!

I did get some good pics, but I couldn't see out of the other side of the truck, because people kept standing up. And the guy in front of me kept pointing out things to his kid, so I have a lot of pics of his arm.

People standing up to block your view is annoying. As a parent, I do try to point things out without blocking any one's view, but I also know that some kids are not easy to direct. :p

I was worried I was posting for my own enjoyment. Lol

Yah, I'm doing pretty much a solo act on my Trip Report, but I do know my girls read it. Even though they never, ever comment. :rolleyes:

I know, I know… “Francine! Why haven’t you updated in forever?!?!”. My answer is, of course: I don’t know.

When last we left our weary travelers, they were on their way to Epcot to have lunch at Sunshine seasons! So, let’s see… we decided to get a Photopass, just me and tony, *** we don’t have a lot of pics of just us. We got a regular one, and a magic one, with Tinkerbell. The pics with Tink are a trend, as the PP people saw my lanyard.

We were going to have a bunch of snacks, but Tony was too hungry for that. I had forgotten about Sunshine seasons, so I was excited to see the sign. Now, for those of you who haven’t been, SS is in The Land, on the first floor. There are multiple bays to get foods at. There are so many choices. I had a really hard time deciding on what to eat. Tony had a soda, a Steak and Blu Cheese sandwich with Potato Salad, and a Key Lime Tart (can you tell the Key Lime trend with him? Lol). I had the Slow roasted pork chop with cheddar mashed potatoes and barbeque sauce, a crème brule and a soda. Now, before I describe mine, Tony really liked his. He even ate all the veggies in the sandwich, which I was surprised at. He highly recommends this to someone who wants something filling, but not as heavy as what I had. On to mine. The mashed potatoes were amazing, as usual. My only issue with that was that, as with a lot of cheesy mash, mine included, is that there was a little too much liquid, making it a bit runny. But the flavor was good, and I ate all of it. The pork chop was HUGE, and moist. It had a lot of flavor. I didn’t like the barbeque sauce. It was more like chutney, and it wasn’t tasty. I scraped it off. It was very sweet, but that was the only flavor it had. The crème brule was just ok. I would have liked the top to be more crisp. I was surprised to find that there were a lot of seats. I think this is a hidden gem. I think most people overlook it because it is not right out there with the burgers and fries that people tend to gravitate to at the parks. See Electric Umbrella, which we went to later in the trip and was waaay more packed.

We decided to focus on future world for this trip, because we had an ADR at Marrakesh at about 7. Honestly, we thought we could buzz right through. It doesn’t seem like there is as much to do in this area as there is in WS. We were wrong.
So because we were over there, we decided to go on Nemo first. It was super cute. The line was basically a walk on. Which I am glad of, as it is not an interesting queue. The story for the ride is that Nemo is “lost” again. Of course, he is just messing with Marlin and Dory, so you hear him giggling and see him hiding a lot. The best bit is that they super impose the cartoon characters onto a real fish tank. It is very cure, and much better than, but similar to, the Little Mermaid ride. After the ride, you can explore the fish tanks. They have dolphins, sea turtles, sting rays, and all the little fish like clown fish and Dory fish. That was cute. If your child likes Nemo, they will enjoy seeing the “characters” in real life. They also teach you about conservation, and have two rescued manatees. There is also a Shark play place where the kids can climb about on a Bruce shark.

After Nemo, we went on Spaceship Earth. Also basically a walk on. This was an interesting ride. I really liked the end bit where they tell you what your future will be. I was a little nervous going backwards down though. I felt like I was going to fall out. The little area after the ride was fun too! They have games and areas to send virtual postcards home.

After we went on Spaceship earth, we went over to Test Track. The line was every minute of the 40 minute wait. The queue was not interesting to me, but if you are into cars, then I am sure it is interesting. I think husbands (or wives who like cars) will love this as a break from the very Disney queues. They must have re-done the ride since my DBFF Diane went. Apparently it used to have a cold room and a hot room (in which my friend got stuck), but now it is mostly just twists and turns. And the part where you go fast is not that bad, for those of you worried. It is like driving in a convertible on the highway. The best thing was designing our car. We were going good, but then we noticed that they only give you 2 minutes, and there are A LOT of choices. So we just stuck everything but the kitchen sink on it.

Again, one of the best things was the little area after the ride! You got to send pictures home, create a commercial for your car, and take pics in cars. We did a lot of that.

We next decided to do the Ellen show… ride… thing. It was so fun. I love Ellen, so I am biased. She was so much fun, and it was very interesting. What we didn’t realize, however, was that the show is 45 minutes! So make sure you add that into your plans. It is totally worth seeing. I highly recommend it. When we got out of there, we had to book it to our ADR.

I was a little nervous about this ADR, to be honest. I don’t like couscous, so I was worried. Tony LOVES lamb, so I knew he would like this. Plus… belly dancers. We were only about 5 minutes late, since as I am sure you know, it is a ways from Ellen to Morocco. Side note, I was pleasantly surprised to find that if you are a little late, they don’t freak out. We were seated right away. This place is sooo beautiful. We sat over by the stairs, which was fine. My only issue was that there was a pillar in the way of the little show, but I got over it.

Tony was very good, and didn’t ogle the dancer. I was surprised lol. So for a drink, Tony had a soda, and I had Ksar. It is a VERY dry white wine. When I say “dry” I mean it. I prefer dry wine to sweet, so it was good, but the first few sips took me by surprise.

They had a bread that was very heavy (though not as heavy as the one at Raglan Road). It was kind of borring. Nothing that was anything special.

Tony had the lamb shank with couscous. He said it was the best lamb he ever had. It literally fell off the bone. He ate every bit. I took a before and after pic, but I will just show you the before.

I had the chicken Kababs. They were very good, and I highly recommend them if you are unsure what to eat. It was chicken, zucchini, chicken, small tomato, green pepper, chicken on the stick. It is grilled and drizzled with oil. The couscous, which as I said I don’t usually like, had raisins in it. I feel like that improved the taste of the couscous.

For dessert, Tony had Bastilla - crispy leaves of pastry topped with vanilla cream and sprinkled with toasted almonds. It looked like sweet nachos. It was very, very sweet. He only ate about ½ of it.

I had the Moroccan Symphony, which was 3 types of baklava. When they came out with it though, they sang Happy Birthday to me in Arabic and in English. It was cool, but if you know me, you know I don’t like when people sing to me in restaurants. One of the guys put a fez on me too… needless to say, I took off my birthday button in restaurants from then on… the baklava was good, but to be honest, I couldn’t decipher the different flavors. There was a very yummy orange sauce with it though.

After dinner we wandered around WS to see the place lit up, but it was very crowded as it was a Friday during F&W. We decided to go back to the resort at this point. Of course we had these guys waiting for us:

Next time: DHS, Kouzzina, and the hottest day of our trip.

So on this day we woke up a bit late, because we knew that DHS is smaller. This day I let Tony take the pictures. He takes good pics, but he tends to take less pics, so there are not a lot of this day. Well, that is until dinner lol. I will try my hardest to recall this day.

So before we left, Tony and I went to the resort gift shop because I forgot to pack my chapstick, and the sun was trashing my lips. We were going to pick up the bus at the first stop, and meet Danny and Scott in the bus. Well, that didn’t quite happen. The bus that picked up Danny and Scott didn’t stop for us. We waited almost an hour. Maybe even more. It was insane. We finally made it to DHS, and met Danny and Scott in front of the monsters university thing. The line for the Photopass there was soooo long, so we opted out.

It was about 11am, and we decided to wander over to see what the line was for TSM. The line was already 90 minutes, and all the FPs were gone. We figured this would be the case for this time of the day, so we weren’t all that surprised. We opted out of riding it. We saw the grren army men signing autographs. This is not our child, but we had to sneak a pic.

We decided to head to ToT. I think the line was about 15-20 minutes. I sort of wish, like with Haunted Mansion, that the line was a little longer so that I could look at everything lol. I thoroughly enjoyed this ride. I was a little nervous when I saw it from the outside, but it was not as bad as it looked. We sat in the front right. As you can tell, the squish face is my tell tale face on rides lol.

After ToT, we decided it was time for lunch before we saw the Indiana Jones show. We went to the Backlot Express, because we had just enough time before the next showing. We all had chicken nuggets. I had the spicy ones, but the sauce was on the side. I did this because the person at the register said it was very spicy. And she was not wrong. I am so glad I got the sauce on the side. It was good, but soooo spicy. I also had the strawberry parfait. That was very nice, and not too heavy.

After lunch, we went to the Star Wars ride, because we had some time, and it was basically a walk on. We enjoyed that ride a lot. Scott was the Rebel Spy. This was a good thing, because he is such a Star Wars fan. We wanted to take some pics on the bike outside, and some chick was taking pics of her jacket on it. *** that makes sense. I was pissed! She was there for about 15 minutes with all these kids and other people waiting while she posed with her jacket. She didn’t even care about the bike. She coulda taken those pics anywhere. Anyway…

Then we went to the Indiana Jones show. Tony wanted to be in it, but when we checked earlier, and the spots were booked until the 6:00 show, and we had an ADR at 7, so it would have been cutting it close. I felt kinda bad, but what could we do? It was a fun show, and we enjoyed it. Here are some pics of the show.

After Indy, Tony and Danny had to smoke so I wandered off while Scott waited in the writers spot. While wandering on the street nearby, I saw Mud Sweat and Shears. It was so fun. I didn’t get pics of it, but I had my video camera, so I filmed them a bit. It was a girl MC when we saw them this time, but a male one when we saw them a few days later. We saw a PP person on the street, who told us that they only have a PP person there for about 40 minutes a day. So of course we had to have our picture taken

We then went to the Muppet area. Now, I much preface this by saying, I LOVE THE MUPPETS. So, I took like 30 pics. I will restrain myself here though lol. The show was so cute, and I love Bean Bunny. I know a lot of people don’t like him, because he is too cute, but I love him. I was very disappointed with the little shop. I wanted a few more things, but they were all crappy. I did like a lot of the t-shirts.

We then went on the backlot tour. I was getting very, very hot, as it was the hottest day of the vacation. So I didn’t appreciate this ride like I would have. I heard they were getting rid of it soon tho. We went to the drawing studio next, because I needed to cool of sooooo bad. I was ready to snap. And I was mad, because everyone was walking so fast, and my little legs can’t keep up. (I am only 5 ft, and everyone else has long legs). So we went to draw. We drew Pluto; I don’t have a picture of it right now. Mine looked anorexic. I think Tony’s was the best. I will show you when I post pics of my scrapbook lol. Danny and Scott met the Wreck it Ralph characters too. (I was still too cranky to meet them)

We then went on the great movie ride. That was fun, but the girl who was our “guide” was annoying. We had a male gangster for our little show piece.

After this, it was getting time to go to our ADR at Kouzzina. We had to wait for two friendship boats. By the time we got to the Boardwalk it was starting to get a little dark. We had to wait, even though the restaurant was not even ½ full, but it was ok, because I was enjoying the air conditioning. We were seated near the door to the room, but I didn’t mind. Looking back, I would have liked to not be at that table, but what can ya do. Our server was called Jordan I think. Everyone else had a soda, but I had read about the wine flights, so you know I had to have one. I had the Cat flight. From left to right in this picture is: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon. I don’t usually like red wine, but these were very good. The cabernet was the best of the three.

We were served bread, olives, and oil for the starter. I don’t like olives or oil, so I didn’t have any. Danny liked the lighter color oil better than the darker.

Scott got the cinnamon chicken. It was the least objectionable to him. We had asked Jordan what he should have, since he is so picky. She suggested steak, but he doesn’t like that. So he got the chicken. He ate about ½ of it.

Danny and Tony had the Fisherman’s stew. It looked yummy, and had a lot of different fish in it. Danny said he wished it had more scallops, but he enjoyed it a lot.

I had the Kouzzina trio. It was very good. I wish I had realized that the wines are specifically paired for the trio. By the time I got the trio, I had almost finished the chardonnay. From left to right: cinnamon chicken, Greek lasagna, and a mini lamb burger. So. The chicken was very good. It was not overly cinnamon-y, and very moist. The orzo was tender, but not mushy. I thought It could have used a bit of salt, but not to the point that I put some on. The little bit of chardonnay I had with it was perfect. The Greek lasagna was my favorite. It was cheesy, but not overly so, and it had some kind of meat in it. I am not sure what, but I think it was probably beef, as it wasn’t as strong a flavor as the lamb. It was again, not mushy and flavorful, but also a mild flavor. The wine again paired very nicely. The lamb burger was my least favorite. It was very spicy, and the meet to bun ratio was off. There was way too much meat and not enough bun. The yogurt sauce and the cucumber were not enough to temper the spice. I didn’t finish it. However, the wine paired with it was amazing. It was the best combo. I was glad I saved it.

For dessert, Scott had coffee (laaaammmmme), and the rest of us had the chocolate budino cake. It was a molten lava cake with a raspberry sorbet with it. It was sooooo yummy. If you like chocolate, this is for you. I liked to take a bit of the sorbet on my fork, and a little cake. It was an amazing dessert.

After dinner I wanted to wander about, but no one else wanted to. So sadly we went to the boat to EPCOT so we could get back to the resort. I was very upset, because I really wanted to walk around. Oh well… I was glad we got the park hopper, because we had to enter EPCOT to get to the busses. Again, my legs couldn’t keep up with everyone else’s. So I was cranky again. I kept thinking wait the hell up!
We made it back to the resort, where there was no towel buddy, (actually no more for the rest of the trip) and prepped for our next day. We were finally going to Hogwarts!

“Francine! Why haven’t you updated in forever?!?!”. My answer is, of course: I don’t know.

'Tis the season for getting swamped, that's what. At least around here, things get busy in September and then just keep escalating until Christmas Day, and finally start getting reasonable after that. I've been letting the Dis slide; realized today I've got Dis notifications going back to the 14th! Ack!

The crème brule was just ok. I would have liked the top to be more crisp.

The creme brule we had there tasted like marshmallows. :crazy2: Had to have another one in France to remind myself what they're supposed taste like. ;)

I was surprised to find that there were a lot of seats. I think this is a hidden gem. I think most people overlook it because it is not right out there with the burgers and fries that people tend to gravitate to at the parks.

I think you're right, although I've heard it can be pretty busy at lunch, since people who go to Soarin' stop in there I guess.

I like your Test Track pics -- that background totally justifies the Vulcan Salute, wish hubby had thought of that when they did their pics there.

Side note, I was pleasantly surprised to find that if you are a little late, they don’t freak out.

Marrakesh is one of the last to run out of ADRs, however I would guess most places would give you a five minute grace period. Maybe not at Christmas, I dunno...

I don't like having a birthday fuss made over me in restaurants, either. :confused3

I love the look that little kid is giving all of you. :rotfl2:

For dessert, Scott had coffee (laaaammmmme), and the rest of us had the chocolate budino cake. It was a molten lava cake with a raspberry sorbet with it. It was sooooo yummy. If you like chocolate, this is for you. I liked to take a bit of the sorbet on my fork, and a little cake. It was an amazing dessert.

That sounds really good. I like all the Greek food I've tried so Kouzzina is one of the WDW restaurants I really want to go to. Sounds like you guys liked it. The trio sounds good, but then I remember you like really dry wine and I'm not so sure... :upsidedow

Looking forward to Hogwarts! :)

The night before we went to US, we went to the concierge and asked what the cheapest way to get there was. The girl we asked told us that because there were four of us, a cab would be better than the bus. It cost us about $20 a person round trip. I am not sure how much the bus would have been. I don’t have a lot of pictures of this day, only of the Harry Potter area. Also, I stopped writing in my journal this day, so I am relying on pictures mostly, to jar my memories.

We left relatively early. I am not sure what time we got there. We did just IoA, because we were not sure how much time we would need for the Harry Potter area, and we didn’t want to waste money if we weren’t going to be able to go to the other park. As it was, it was $92 each just for the entrance. It was already hot hot hot when we got there, and the line to buy entrance was looong, and not shaded. I really thought I was going to pass out. There was a coincidence when we bought our tickets, as the guy working was from New Haven! Only about 20-30 minutes from where we live, and he worked, while he was here, at one of the hospitals in our city! Who knew!

We decided we wanted to go to HP before anything else, as the park was closing early for the Halloween thing they were doing, and we wanted to be sure to cover all of it. It was what Danny really was excited for, so we made it a point to make time to see all of it. We slowly made our way there. We went right, taking us though the Dr Seuss area. It looked like an acid trip gone wrong. It was crazy there. We didn’t stop though, and went on. We went through the Greek God area? But again didn’t stop. We were just on a mission to Hogsmede lol. Finally we made it!

Tony and Danny had, of course to stop to smoke before we went in. Once they were done, we entered the world of Harry Potter. IT. IS. AMAZING. It was like 80 degrees out, and it felt colder, probably because of the “snow” everywhere. Danny and Scott decided they wanted to go on the Dragon Challenge ride. This was one of those rare rides that Tony and I don’t do. Loops, dangling legs, etc. While they were riding DC, Tony and I wandered about in the area right near the ride. We looked at the Hogwarts Express, but we didn’t go into Zonko’s or Honeydukes yet, because we wanted to wait for them, but we did wander through the Three Broomsticks.

The Three Broomsticks is a QS place with standard “English” food, like fish and chips. It dosent look all that special inside, except for the moving boar’s head over the bar. It doesn’t move a lot, just enough to make you look twice. We didn’t eat there. Once Danny and Scott were done with the ride, about 15 minutes later, which Danny and Scott liked. I cant remember, but I think they were on the red side, we went to Zonko’s and Honeydukes. Zonko’s was really cool. It was packed to the rafters with things, and I think the shelves were angled a bit to make it look like it was closing in on you.

I took pictures of almost every item lol. But here are a few of my favorites:

Zonko's leads right into Honeydukes, and again I took sooo many pictures…

We wanted to buy some things, but we decided that we would come back as it was very hot, and we didn’t want whatever we bought to melt. When we wandered out, we decided to grab a butterbeer. They have 2 kinds, regular and frozen. We sent tony to get it while we had a sit down. He got regular to be a baseline, thinking we would get a frozen one later, but we didn’t. So. I know you are all wondering, what did it taste like? Well, if you had seen the Harry potter musicals by StarkidPotter on Youtube, you would have heard them describe it as cream soda. They are right. It is like marshmallow flavored cream soda with marshmallow froth on top. It was good, but a little weird. We all split it. It was about $3. I think the frozen one was $5.

There were shops that you can’t go into like the plant shop.

We went into the Owl Post, which leads into Dervish and Banges and Filch’s Emporium. The Owl Post was soooooo crowded, that I couldn’t move. They had gads of wands on the walls, which are the ones for the characters. We wandered though the shops, and I, of course scoured the place for Hufflepuff things. Danny wanted to do Olivander’s, but the line was very long. He had heard that there was a little show and that you could get a personalized wand. I went to ask a “witch” what the process was. Now, those of you with kids, please take this into account. They let in 20 people (give or take), and they choose ONE person to receive the wand and experience. And I am sure that one person is a kid, which is fine. I relayed this message to Danny, and he decided not to do it. So, if you have kids, remember that only one in twenty will receive the experience and that might create a hostile environment should you have more than one child and one of yours gets picked.

We decided it was time to head up to the castle. The ride there is called “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey”. They make you put all your bags and things in free lockers, so I didn’t get any pics during the queue.

This queue was AMAZING. I really, really wish the queue was longer. Once you enter the castle proper, there are holograms, moving pictures, snow, bubbles, and familiar places. We heard there is a special queue you can go into where you can take your time and look at everything, but we didn’t know about it the first time, and we forgot about it the second time. The ride itself was awesome too. The story of the ride is that the Trio is trying to sneak you into Hogwarts. You fly on a “broom” (which is just a regular ride seat), through the castle. You encounter a dragon and dementors, among other things. After we got out we rode the Hippogriff ride, which was soooo lame. But it was cool seeing Buckbeak and Hagrid’s house. When we left that ride, we were in time for the end of the little Tri Wizard show thingy. We saw the French girls. I was sad we missed the guys though. Oh well… next time.

oop! ran out of room for pics!

So we decided at this point to move on from Harry Potter, but that we would come back later to buy stuff, and to ride the castle ride again. We were getting a little hungry, so we went to the Jurassic Park area to eat. Tony and I got cheeseburger kids meals, which was plenty enough food, and it was ½ the amount of money as Danny’s and Scott’s who got regular meals. It was only a little less food. It was ok. Pretty standard. After that Tony, Scott, and I went to the River Adventure. Danny held the bags; he is not a huge fan of water rides. We were in line forever. The ride broke down before we got on it, and it took like probably 20-30 minutes before we got on, and it was really hot in the queue. The ride was sooooo not worth it either. It was pretty lame. The best part was an area where there is a “veloceraptor” in a box, and the box looks like it is gonna fall on you and Scott screamed so loud. It was great lol.

After that, we wanted to ride Spiderman, so we headed to the Marvel area. The Spiderman ride was ok, but after the HP ride, it seemed lame lol. Danny and Scott went on the Hulk ride next, but as you know there was no way in Hell I was going on that lol. While they were on that (for a while because apparently someone threw up, and they had to clean it before Danny and Scott got on), Tony and I wandered around in search for something awesome that was Iron Man or Thor for my friend Diane, or something Loki for me (I have loved Loki forever lol, and Tom Hiddleston, I mean… exactly). We found some Iron Man things, but nothing she would really HAVE to have. We only found only one, count ‘em ONE Loki thing. And that was a collectible statue thingy for like $200 so that was out. I was so surprised. I mean this was after the comicon thing, so he was rocketed to popularity. I was very sad. The theming in this area was cool though. While still waiting for Danny and Scott, we heard motorcycles, and there was a crowd in the “street”. We went outside and saw a few superheroes driving in on mini motorcycles. Storm, Cyclops, Captain America, and I think someone else, but I can’t remember who. Apparently Danny and Scott were on the other side and actually met Cyclops. Tony and I didn’t, as there was a HUGE crowd. I don’t have the pic of Scott with Cyclops, as it is now in my scrapbook, so you will see it when I post pics of the scrapbook later.

It was getting close to the end of the day so we headed back to the HP area to get our stuff, and to ride the castle ride again. Right when we entered the ride we saw a “student” who looked like a Gay Draco Malfoy. We called him Gayco Malfoy. He was awesome. And then, when we got off the ride, there he was! We have no idea how he got there so fast lol. We went to buy our stuff next. Scott and I went to Honeydukes and got chocolate frogs. They were about $10, and each has a card of either one of the founders, or Dumbledore. At the resort later we opened them and I got Slytherin, and Scott got Hufflepuff, so we traded (Scott is a Ravenclaw, but he knew how much, being a Hufflepuff, I wanted his, so he traded with me. In case you wanted to know, Danny is a Ravenclaw and tony is a Gryffindor. All sorted on Pottermore). The cards are holographic, so they are “moving” pictures. We didn’t eat the frogs until we got back home. They were HUGE, and solid chocolate. Mine lasted me over a week. Scotts didn’t last that long, but I think he shared his with Danny. I also got some Bertie Bott’s Beans (one of which was earthworm, and I almost threw up after eating it lol). We also went to get Tony, Danny, and Scott some wands. I got a Hufflepuff shirt and a Hufflepuff pin (which I lost last month  I was devastated).

Danny, Tony, and Scott got wands ($40 bucks apiece, so I didn’t get one). They have a bunch of wands based on your birthday if you don’t want to get a character wand. The guys did this. The first one is Scott’s, the second is Danny’s, and the third is Tony's.

I think Tony’s is the best. You can’t go wrong with a scull on your wand. It was time to go, and it was looking like it was going to storm, so we made our way out. Danny and Scott wanted to stop at starbucks, so they ran in, and I said I was gonna sit at the table outside, as it looked really crowded in there and I didn’t want anything. As soon as they went in, it started raining, but it wasn’t that bad, so I stayed under the umbrella attached to the table. Within seconds, the starbucks was packed like a can of sardines, so even if I wanted to, I couldn’t go in. and of course, that’s when it started down pouring. And when I say down pouring, it was like 6 inches of rain in about 15 minutes. It was insane. We were gonna wait it out, but it didn’t look like it was going to stop any time soon, so we raced to the cab stand and headed back to the resort. Of course as soon as we got there, the sun came out.

The guys wanted to play with their wands, so they had some wizard duels.

This one is my favorite. Danny and Scott have already taken Tony out and are now fighting each other.

After the fun and games, I can’t remember what we did. I am pretty sure I ate at the food area for dinner. But I have no pictures of the rest of the day. The next day we went to Epcot.
Hope you are enjoying my TR! If you are a Hufflepuff, please let me know! There don’t seem to be as many of us as I would like! Although, apparently at US if you work in the HP area, you get sorted, and they actually do have a house cup tournament! So when you do well, your house gets points! The girl working at Zonko's was a Hufflepuff and told me this. So fun! Anyway, Hufflepuffs: Show your Hufflepride!

Going to US is one of those things I've wanted to do for a while but we are never able to quite fit into our trips either due to time or the extra expenditure. Thanks for posting your experience there. :) We are a family of geeks, as well, as looooove Harry Potter. We are Slytherin folk though :)

Going to US is one of those things I've wanted to do for a while but we are never able to quite fit into our trips either due to time or the extra expenditure. Thanks for posting your experience there. :) We are a family of geeks, as well, as looooove Harry Potter. We are Slytherin folk though :)

Tony wanted to be a Slytherin when he did the sorting on pottermore, and was sooooo upset that he didn't get it lol. He wanted to go back and do it over but i wouldn't let him lol. I knew all along I was going to be a Hufflepuff. Even when reading the books when they came out I was like "I bet I'm a Hufflepuff" lol and Danny and Scott are big readers so I am not surprised they are Ravenclaws. My friend Diane, with whom I am taking my next Disney trip, is also a Hufflepuff, but she doesn't want to be one. She soooo is though lol. She needs some Hufflepride am I right?

OK so this day I took a lot of pics, so I am sure it will take at least 2 posts.

We decided to start early, and to start in World Showcase to avoid the drunken crowds. We also had an ADR at Sanaa for dinner. We decided to start in Mexico. Our plan was to eat at F&W for lunch. I did not have high hopes about this, as Scott is very picky, and I didn’t think he would want to stop anywhere. Thoughts that were eventually proven correct.

We wandered thought the little museum, which I found very interesting, and made our way into the marketplace. It was so crazy! I was surprised at how big it was in there. It didn’t look that big from the outside. Tony and I both said “it’s bigger on the inside”! Of course, the guys had to try on the sombreros.

We wandered past the restaurant, which was one of the finalists for my choice. I am glad I didn’t chose it, because I had heard the tables were really close together, and I thought that might not be comfortable, no matter how good the food was, and what I had read was right. The tables are literally less than a foot apart. I pointed this out and the guys agreed it was a good idea not to go there. We went on the Three Caballeros ride. A ride I called “Mexican Small World”. It was cute.

After Mexico, we went to Norway.

We rode Malestrom, which was ok. It was weird that the boat goes backwards. And we stayed for the movie, which was REALLY weird. It was like, half Vikings, and half oil rigs. It was one of the weirdest things I saw at WDW.

After that, Scott wanted a snack, and the Kringla Bakeri og Kafe was there so he decided to stop in and get something. He got the Viking Chocolate Mousse. He said it was good, but that the mousse he had at Raglan Road was better.

It looked as if it might rain, but it was soooo crowded in there I couldn’t deal, so I went with Tony and Danny when they went to smoke. Scott stayed behind to eat his mousse. Of course as soon as we walked out it started raining. We had an umbrella I think, but with the wind, it was no help. Tip to myself: bring a small brush in my purse next trip. One of those collapsible ones I think. China was next. While looking at the terracotta soldiers, Danny called to me that Mulan was in the next room. I was so excited, *** she was the first face character we met. We got in line just in time. They closed the line after us. Mulan was adorable. She saw my birthday button, and asked how long I was going to be celebrating. I told her I didn’t know, and she asked if we knew how long Mushu parties for. We threw out all sorts of suggestions, like all day, a week, etc. and she told us that he celebrates for a month. Notice my crazy wet hair. This is why I want to keep a brush with me next time.

Mulan was the only one to write my name on the autograph, and other than Tinkerbell, the only one to put something special on it for my birthday (more about Tink later).

After meeting Mulan, we finished up China, and moved to Germany. Germany was one of my favorites. The smell from the caramel place alone is amazing (I got snacks there later in the trip). It is just so pretty. And the tiny village is so cool. We wandered the shops. There was one German guy (*** as you know, the workers in the countries are from the country), who looked so Hitler youth. Lol Of course he was the friendliest guy there, and enjoyed that I speak a little German.

After Germany, we went to Italy. The ladies in red were about to do their show. I am not sure what their name is for real. We stayed for some of it. I took some pictures to send to my uncle, who is very Italian. He texted me back saying “it looks a lot like Waterbury, doesn’t it?” (Waterbury is the city we live in, it is traditionally quite Italian). I was like really? That’s what you have to say? Lol I also wandered around looking for a wine to bring home to my mom. I found one made exclusively for Disney parks, which I bought later. In case you wanted to know they pack it well, in that paper eggshell stuff and in a box. I also put some extra bags in the box as a bonus. It made it home with no problems. Other than the ladies, the area was not that interesting to me. We did see a PP person who had us pose. I was to be a princess, Tony was Hercules, Danny was Pinocchio, and Scott was Peter Pan.

After Italy, we went to Japan which was pretty. I didn’t take a lot of pics there though. I wanted to see Myuki the candy artist, but as usual, we missed her. I did see some Ouran High School Host Club stuff I wanted. I ended up getting a t-shirt later. I think the people at the Japan pavilion were the nicest ones. I didn’t see anything I couldn’t get in China town in New York.

Japan led to the rest of the countries, for which I don’t have pics from (at least not on photobucket). Probably because I was hungry, and no one wanted to stop eat because the food was too weird for Scott. We were sooo disappointed by the America pavilion. First of all, why is there even one? Its like having a Mexico one in Mexico. It doesn’t make sense. It was sooo boring. I asked one of the workers, and she said most people skip it. By the time we got to Canada, I was hungry and mad that no one wanted to stop. We decided to split up. Danny and Scott went to future world and tony and I stayed in world showcase. We decided to meet at Mission Space a little later. Tony and I stopped at the Canada booth. I got the Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce. It was really good. It had wild mushrooms with it, which were good, but I can’t really deal with the texture of mushrooms. I was glad I used a snack credit because without it, the snack would have cost almost $9! Yay for snack credits! But $9 for about a bite and a half is crazy. Tony had the Cheddar Cheese soup. He was obsessed with it. I wonder if they sell it to take home… it would be a good gift for him when Diane and I go. I am not sure how much it was. I think like $4, but he used a snack credit. I am really glad we got the dining plan. Maybe if we didn’t go during F&W it might not be worth it, but it was. I was so hungry, I didn’t take pics. Tony wanted to get a snack at the Kringla place so we started back that way, stopping to see if we could find some soccer stuff. I was sad to see they don’t have Liverpool stuff. I asked, and they said that they only have contracts with a few teams (Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City, and Arsenal in case you wanted to know). We stopped in the tea shop, and Mary Poppins was meeting there. We got in line; there was no PP person there, so Tony took pictures. We had a nice conversation. She asked where I was from and I told her CT, and she said she had been there years ago. I said “oh then you must know my mom” and she asked her name and when I told her she said “oh yes! I do remember her! How is she?” It was so cute.

We stopped at the bakery and Tony got a Troll Horn. He said it tasted like a canoli that was not as sweet.

After we got the snack, we made our way to meet Danny and Scott at Mission Space. We decided to do the green team, because we weren’t sure how intense the orange would be. I was the person who puts the team into sleep. I can’t remember which position that was. Danny was the captain, and offered to switch with tony, but tony said as long as he got to do it next time he was fine. The ride was actually not that bad. I didn’t feel weightless like I was led to believe. So we decided that next time, we would do the more intense one. We had to go to our ADR next though.

Our dinner ADR was at Sanaa. I was the most worried about Scott liking this place. We took the bus to AKL from Epcot. We had an issue on the bus, when the bus got hit by the arm at the entrance blockade thingy. We had to wait for another bus. There was a really, really, REALLY, rude woman on the bus who was being mean to the driver and she was pissing everyone else on the bus, including her husband, off. It wasn’t the driver’s fault, and she was really mean to him. I hope she had a rotten evening for being such a b. once we got to the resort; we went to the restaurant, which was just downstairs. We had to wait a bit, but we were also late I think, because of the bus thing. So, we went outside to see the animals. There were a few cow things, and a few deer things, and maybe a giraffe. We were only out there about 15-20 minutes or so which, considering we were late wasn’t that bad to me. I thought about getting a drink here, but I was unsure about how much money I had, so I didn’t. The ambiance in this place is awesome. It is made to look like a stylized African grove of trees. And when they come around to sing happy birthday, it is so catchy that we were singing it for the rest of the trip. Even now, if I think of it, it gets stuck in my head lol. On to the best part: food pics.

Now Tony went with the Lamb Shank: Tamarind Braised Lamb Shank, Coriander Pilaf, and Wild Mushroom Sauce, as you already know, tony loves lamb. So he ate every bite. He said the lamb in Morocco was better though. Sorry it is so blurry.

Danny, Scott, and I all got the choice of two, with rice. Scott got the Butter Chicken and the Spicy Durban Chicken, with wild rice. I was surprised he chose wild rice. I was right that he would not have liked that. But he LOVED this place. I mean, he is still talking about it. The Spicy chicken was a little too spicy for him, so he traded with Danny for Danny’s butter chicken. Danny didn’t mind, because he likes spicy things. Here is Scott’s meal. The butter chicken is the orangey one and the spicy chicken is the brown.

Danny and I got the same thing. We got Butter chicken, basmati rice (which, for those of you who don’t know, tastes just like regular white rice), and beef short ribs. I have to say, this is an amazing place to eat. The butter chicken is in a tomatoey, creamy, sauce. Kind of like vodka sauce. It was so tender. I could have eaten like 6 little bowls lol. The beef was good too. It had a mild wine flavor. It was probably the tenderest beef we had. I tried them all with and without the rice. I preferred with the rice, I just wish they gave you more rice. I wonder if you asked for it, if it would cost more.

The dessert was the real star of the meal though. Tony had Shahi Tukra which was Indian-style Bread pudding with Spiced Vanilla Sauce. He liked it I guess. I can’t remember what he really thought of it. He did eat it all though.

Danny, Scott, and I all had the trio. It had Coconut Cheesecake, Chai Cream, and Tanzanian Chocolate Mousse. The cheesecake was good. Not too dense, as some can be. It was not overly coconutty. It has a raspberry sauce on the bottom. I am not sure what the drizzle was. The chocolate mousse was good, but was very chocolaty it had edible gold leaf on it, which enthralled Danny. It also had a salted caramel sauce which I liked. The best, IMO, was the Chai Cream. It was cinnamony, and nutmegy, and creamy, and awesome. And not overly sweet. It came with a little white chocolate spoon. I used it to eat the cream, but Danny and Scott didn’t. Their spoons broke because they were too rough with them. Lol each of us got a different color spoon. Mine was blue and green, Scott’s was red and blue, and Danny got an orange and black one. The spoons, btw, were kind of minty. I am not sure if that was just mine, or just how I perceived it. If I were to rank them, I would put the chai first, the cheesecake second, and the mousse last.

The next day was a free day. Tony and I went to 3 parks in one day. Do we make it to TSM? Probably not. You will have to wait till next time to find out!

Real life update!!

So I know I haven't posted in a while. I have just been so busy with work and things.

1. So DBFF Diane and I joined the gym. Planet Fitness, incase it matters. We have been there about 3-4 times a week for about a month. I have lost 2.5 inches off my waist! So yay!

2. Work has worn me out. I had my 6 month review and it was praiseworthy. The boss gave me more hours, which means that instead of getting up at 7:30am I have to get up at 5am. But it is worth it in my pocket. I have finally paid everything down into manageable bits.

3. A lot of mini things; we finally had my friend Mary finish BSG. (The reboot, not the classic) she loved it. We are starting her on Star Trek Voyager next week. Also my mom's bf turned 60 so we had to do a lot for his bday party. On top of that the snow this week has been awful. I think I burned more calories in shoveling than if the last month at the gym lol. Also slowly starting to plan our October 2015 trip to WDW. If you have any ideas on what we should put on our bucket list let me know.

So there you go. I am hoping to make a real up day maybe Tuesday night. I hope you all have enjoyed the TR so far. We are about to enter the second 1/2, but I didn't keep as tight a journal of these days so they will be shorter.

I know I haven’t updated in forever, but I do want to finish this before Diane and I go in 2015, so I better step to lol

So Tony and I decided we wanted to go early to try to make it to TSM. We arrived at the park at 9:20am. We rushed over to TSM, we figured we wouldn’t be able to get a FP for the morning, but we were willing to come back in the evening. And of course, there were NO FPS LEFT. I was shocked. The standby was over 100 minutes. There was NO WAY we were waiting in line that long. I wonder if that ride is even worth it… maybe we will try when we go next time.
We decided to head to Star Wars, because we really enjoyed it last time. They were doing the Jedi Training. How I wish I was young enough! It looked so fun! The kids were really into it, and the actors were fun.

Because of the incident a few days before, with the girl and her jacket on the bike, Tony wanted to take some more pics of him on it.

We went from there to Muppets again. I can’t tell you how much I love them… we sat closer so I could see Sweetums and Bean Bunny closer…

After we saw the Muppets, we went to MK for lunch and to wander around and possibly see some characters. I told Tony to pick where to eat. He chose Friars Nook. We both had the chicken nuggets with chips and caramel apple dippers. The chicken nuggets were standard as usual. I didn’t like the chips. They were weird. They were not standard cut, so some were overly crispy and some were cut too thick and hence- soggy. The apple dippers were sour and the caramel sauce was not sweet enough to temper it.

I can’t remember exactly what we did after we ate, but we wandered over to Pirates. They were doing the Pirate League. It was super cute.

After we saw it, we saw that the line for fairies looked short. So I said “Let’s just see how long the line is” and it turned out to be only about 20 min, so we waited. I wish the queue was more fun for the fairies. When we got in (we couldn’t tell who was there with Tink until we rounded the corner) we saw it was Terence. We met him first, and he was fun. I had my birthday button on, and he asked how many seasons I was. When I told him 30, he almost broke character in shock. I guess that’s a good thing lol. Forgive my sunburn it was a hot sunny day lol.

Tink was not as much fun as Terence. She liked my Tink lanyard, and gave me extra “pixie dust” on my autograph for my birthday. While talking to Tink, Terence grabbed a giant “crayon” and started “drawing” on the ground. Tink asked him what he was doing, and he replied “I’m drawing the lines for the next Fairy games!”. It was adorable.

It was a fun experience and made Tony want to meet more characters so we went to meet some princesses. We met with Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. I wanted to get Cindy’s autograph for my friend Mary’s daughter. They were both very nice, but nothing special. Sleeping Beauty was happy to hear she was my favorite princess. The guy who was PP for Cindy recognized my shirt as a BSG shirt, and that was fun.

After that, we were on a roll, so we went to meet Ariel. She is Tony’s GF’s favorite, so we had to meet her. The line was long long long… but we made it through, and it was worth it. She was so much fun. Tony was wearing an Ohio State shirt, and she asked if we swam all the way from Ohio. We went with it, and told her that we were secret mermaids, and she said she wouldn’t tell anyone.

I am not sure what we did for the rest of the day, but we headed to Epcot for dinner. We went to Biergarten for dinner. We had to wait to get in, and it was the longest wait for dinner we had the whole trip. about 20 minutes past our reservation time. While waiting, Snow White walked past us. Obviously she didn’t stop, but she waved at us.
I was very underimpressed with this restaurant. Like a lot so. ½ the stuff I ate was not good, and most of it was stuff I have made at home. The ambiance was good though. The family we sat with was very nice. We didn’t talk to them a lot. The mom was really into the food, but the dad was not. The kids just ate the mac and cheese stuff.

So here are pictures of the food. I went up twice, so that I could try a little of everything. I will try to describe everything. Like a clock starting clockwise at 12:00, roasted potatoes (pretty good, but nothing special), meatball is next, (which was pretty good, sort of sweet) Then pork schnitzel (very dry and over cooked, and tough. I didn’t like it), then at 6:00 a potato dumpling ball thing (this was soooo gross! It was gummy and flavorless), then the pretzel roll with a butter ball, then then two kinds of sausage. The little brown one was pretty good. The thin one was almost like breakfast sausage. In the middle was a macaroni and cheese thing. That was good, and I had 2 servings of it.

I forgot to take a pic of the second plat until I was almost done… but in this plate, there was a beef pot roast thing that had the same sauce on it that the meatball did and the mac and cheese stuff and the worst thing of the whole meal, a fish thing. It was so awful I thought I would throw up.

Tony had (from top clockwise) some kind of potato salad, some kind of sausage salad, a brown sausage, ruladen, and the pot roast. He also had some mushroom soup. I am not sure how it was though.

Tony didn’t have dessert (which I thought was weird), but I wanted to try a little of everything. So I got the cheesecake, the black forest cake, a coffee cake, and the apple strudel. The cheesecake was good, but very dense. The black forest tasted like straight up rum. The coffee cake was very dry. The apple strudel was the best. In fact, I used a snack credit for it on my last day.

After dinner, we saw illuminations. It was awesome. We sat by Norway, and there was hardly any crowd. Tony took pictures while I took video. A lot of the pictures didn’t come out well though…

Then we headed back to the room. The next day I had a fight with tony, so I don’t have a lot of pictures of it.

I have finally paid everything down into manageable bits.

:cool1:

Always great news!

I wonder if that ride is even worth it… maybe we will try when we go next time.

Nothing to say on the "worth it" front (I thought it was okay, some of the kids loved loved loved it), but hopefully you'll be able to finally try it with FP+. :)

I had my birthday button on, and he asked how many seasons I was. When I told him 30, he almost broke character in shock.

:tilt:

I'm with Terrance. I would have guessed you were in your early twenties!

then at 6:00 a potato dumpling ball thing (this was soooo gross! It was gummy and flavorless)

What a disappointment! Properly made potato dumplings have a light texture and are soooo good with chive butter or any number of sauces. :sad1: They are basically a starch base for the sauce, though, so pretty mildly flavored even when made right. Kind of like pierogies, which I also love.

Although I think I can be unfair to Disney food, because I tend to compare it to home made or to places that truly specialize in whatever. Considering how much food Disney World cranks out every day, they do pretty well, particularly in the variety department. But I try to avoid the dishes I make myself, because I'm just going to get mad about paying so much for food that isn't as good. :p

What a disappointment! Properly made potato dumplings have a light texture and are soooo good with chive butter or any number of sauces. :sad1: They are basically a starch base for the sauce, though, so pretty mildly flavored even when made right. Kind of like pierogies, which I also love.

Although I think I can be unfair to Disney food, because I tend to compare it to home made or to places that truly specialize in whatever. Considering how much food Disney World cranks out every day, they do pretty well, particularly in the variety department. But I try to avoid the dishes I make myself, because I'm just going to get mad about paying so much for food that isn't as good. :p

in general, I loved the Disney food. but this place was a disappointment. I was excited because I love the Germany pavilion. I think it was my least favorite food. I liked the way it looked inside, and all the little kids loved that they got to dance. I think we will definitely skip it next time.

The next day we went to Epcot because Danny and Scott had not been to Future world. Tony had an attitude from moment one. I think he might have had a fight with his girlfriend and was taking it out on us. But of course he didn’t say anything so we couldn’t do anything about it. whatever… I will gloss over most of that issue for this TR. I can’t remember much of this day, and I was too upset to take a lot of pictures, so I am having a hard time remembering.

We went to Future world for a bit, and did Nemo and the fishes. I don’t remember what else we did in this area, but I do know I tried to get tony in a better mood, which he rebuffed. After that we wandered over to WS and I wanted to see where Aladdin and Jasmine were meeting, just in case they were here. When we got there the lady at the front of the line said it would be a few minutes until they showed up. So we decided to wait, but it took a long time and Danny and Scott got bored so they left, and tony and I waited because we were close to the beginning of the line. It took way longer than the lady said it would. Then when they finally did come (about 30-40 min after we arrived), they had a pp guy with them, but when the people 2 parties before us left his camera broke. I was sad, but luckily tony didn’t want to be in the picture, so he took pictures of me with them. Jasmine was nice, but Aladdin was the better of the two. He talked about Abu stealing all of their stuff. My friend Sam wanted me to get Jasmine’s autograph for her. I asked Jasmine, and she was so nice about it. Aladdin asked why Sam wasn’t there, and to tell her she better come visit them soon. It was cute.

After that we wandered around for a bit, but then tony got mad and kept walking faster and eventually left me behind, and didn’t look back, but whatever. I meandered to the place we were supposed to meet Danny and Scott. We took the Monorail to MK, where the incident occurred. Needless to say, tony stormed off and decided not to join us for dinner and I cried. But let’s forget that at move on to the rest of the night…

We had ADR at Liberty Tree. I didn’t take any pictures of the food, but I do have a few pics of the dinner. Danny had a birthday button so they came in and did a birthday thing… they gave him a cupcake and he ate it all on one bite, which he regretted lol. They also had coloring pages and Danny and Scott colored lol. The food was ok. Basically the same as at Garden Grill.

Right at the end of the meal there was all sorts of commotion outside and we realized it was MSEP, which I was so sad to miss most of it. We booked it out of the restaurant, but we weren’t able to get good views… (what is funny, is the last pic here was picture 1776 on my camera! Crazy right?!?!)

We knew the fireworks were gonna start soon, so we wandered over there to watch. It was great, but illuminations was better. We thought ask was falling on us but we discovered the next day that we were being eaten alive by some kind of bugs…

When we left, we took the bus to POFQ *** the bus line was WAY shorter and we knew it would only be a short walk to POR.

When we got back to the room, tony wasn’t there, and I fell asleep before he got back. I decided that the next day we would separate and meet up for lunch and then go to MNSSHP. So tony chose what we did until we went to lunch in HS. But that’s another story…

I am sorry it took soooo long to update, but I have been busy. as a side note, if any of you follow our podcast, we are back on and you can listen on iTunes tribbles and targs.

So when we last left off, Tony was a jerk. After I went to bed I decided I would leave the whole next day up to him, at least until we went to lunch at 50's prime time.

(please forgive my lack of details, because I am relying on pics to jog my memory, and I don't have any non food pics of this day...)

Tony was still in bed when I got up, so I decided to grab breakfast, as I NEEDED a Mickey waffle at some point while I was there. So after my shower I woke tony up and told him he had time *** I was gonna go get a waffle. I wandered to the food court, and got a Mickey waffle with bacon and sausage.

So yummy! I love waffles. the only thing is that I would like it to be a little crispier on the outside, but this was very good. you know ima get at least one next time.

so when I was almost done, tony showed up. he said he wasted to go to MK again. So we went and I think we did the Pirates again, and I think teacups? idk this morning was a little tense so I don't have a lot of memories. once it was getting close to lunch I do remember we went to HS and rode the Star Wars. then we met up with Danny and Scott at 50's Prime Time.

Our server was "Uncle Dale". I have a pic of us with him, but it is in my scrapbook, and I don't have a digital copy of it. He kept saying things like "im going to go get your food and a scotch" and "I have to make sure my drink is still there, oh wait, I drank it. time for another". he called Tony Scruffy, and Scott Not-so-scruffy. Tony purposely put his elbows on the table to see what dale would say, and when he saw it he banged his own elbow on his tray. he did not mention that we didnt finish our veggies, which was good *** I don't like mushrooms

My plan was to have the fried chicken, as I heard it was amazing. But once we were seated I changed my mind. I opted for the Grandma's Chicken Pot Pie. it was good, but I wish I had gotten the fried chicken. it had HUGE un cut mushrooms in it, and I choked down a few, but there were soooo many.

Danny got the Mom's Old Fashioned Pot Roast. it looked really good. I think he ate most of it.

for some reason I don't have pics of Scotts or Tony's. I THINK Scott got the chicken Caesar salad, and tony got the meatloaf.

For dessert, tony and Scott got the Brownie Sundae. WAY to much dessert at this place...

I got the Apple crisp. it was good, but nothing special. the bowl was too small for the amount in it.

Danny's was the star though. He got the S'mores.

I would go back, but I would not get the pot pie again. or the apple crisp. When I go in oct 2015, we will not b doing the dining plan so I might do some apps. they look good here.

after lunch Danny and Scott wanted to try to his Fantasmic, so they stayed in HS (they didn't make it to the show though), and tony and I headed back to POR to relax and change for the evening, whish was... MNSSHP!!!!

Once we were done with lunch at 50s Prime time, Tony and I went back to the resort to change and rest up for the party.
I was cosplaying a fem 10th Doctor from Doctor Who :3dglasses,
and Tony was cosplaying the 11th Doctor. His was obviously more recognizable and at least 20 people complimented him. only ONE knew who I was. more on that later. I don't have a lot of personal pics here, as tony had the camera for this night, and as you know, he doesn't take a lot.

We got to the park about 7:30, even though we were at the bus stop in time to be there at 7:00. but for some reason the buses often don't stop at the stops that are not the main one at POR. so keep that in mind if you stay there. :scared:

It was just starting to get dark when we got there, and by the time the parade started it was mostly dark. we must have looked confused :confused3 because a very nice CM, whose name I don't remember, stopped us and explained everything.

we decided we would try to head into Tomorrowland, but as we were walking up Main Street, we noticed the parade was going to start soon, so we decided we would stop.

it took a while for the parade to get to us, and it seemed like longer because it headless horseman came WAY before the rest of the parade. is that normal? :confused3

The parade. was. awesome. I don't have a lot of pics, but here you go:

I wish my camera was better. maybe I will get a new one for our next trip (with DBFF Diane!!) but next time, I want to do more videos. maybe I will figure out how to put them up on youtube!

So after the parade, we decided to hit Tomorrowland for some candy. it is totally true about them giving you a ton of candy. by the time we stopped so that tony could smoke and go to the bathroom (by the Tomorrowland bathrooms near the monsters inc dance party), my bag was 1/2 full. and btw, those bags were perfect to store my camera and video camera for the night, so I did not bring a purse or anyting. so keep that in mind if you go! :cheer2:

The characters meeting in Tomorrowland were Buzz and Monsters inc, and we were not that interested in seeing them. We decided to make our way to Fantasy land to scope some other characters. We saw Alice meeting by the Tea Cups, and the line was only about 3 families, so you know we had to jump in there. Tony said he would rather have met the Mad Hatter, as he is one of tony's faves. Just as he said that, Alice left and the Hatter showed up! Tony was soooo excited! Apperently they swap them out every 1/2 hour or so. So, we didn't get to see Alice, but we did get the Hatter. :rotfl:

of course when Alice left, so did the PP person. Hatter's handler tood our pics, but she did a crappy job. I will put them up anyway tho. When I asked for him to sign a second sheet of paper for tony, he said explained that if I ripped it out then my book woud be damaged, and therefore signing a second page would be illogiucal. I explained that the book was a crappy binder and that I was gonna rip them out anyway to scrap book, so it wouldn't matter. he thought this was a good idea so he signed the paper. we also had to explain our costumes (a running theme for the night). He said he didn't understand but he liked them anyway lol.

After we bid Mad Hatter adieu, we decided to see if we could get a place for Tiana. Of course we were late so we were in just about the worst place to see Fireworks when they started, and we had to brave the corwds trying to leave the front of the castle afterwords. that pissed tony off, but by the time we got to Tiana and Naveen he was happy again.

So, while we were in line for Tiana and Naveen, there was this family behind us with no little kids, I think they had older kids but I didn't look at them, who kept calling them Tatiana and Naveer. the people in front of us heard it too and gave us a look like ummm that's wrong. we laughed together. I kept thinking, if you don't know who they are, why do you want to see them? :confused3:confused3

When it was our turn, Tiana admired my costume, but you can tell from the pics she didn't know what I was talking about lol. She liked that I made it myself though. she said it looked very professional. I thought I would catch Naveen out by asking him if he abdicated his throne to marry Tiana. He had to think for about a minute and said "well, I will tell you a secret, when you are king, you can do anything you want". very quick. but I could tell I threw him for a second. he had the Brasil/French accent down pat though (and kinds cute :rolleyes1) and I thought he was a great Naveen. Tiana talked to tony more but I don't know really what they talked about.

I liked that they each signed their own page of the paper. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter