• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney with Geeks!

RL update:

So I know I haven't posted in a while but idk if anyone reads this, so I am not really motivated to do so. But in case you are reading, I just wanted to give y'all an update!

So I am sure I have told you I have been going to the gym. I haven't been able to go for a while because I hurt my knee. Idk what I did to it. And then I was sick sick sick. And then the World Cup... Which, btw I loved. But that is prolly because my team won! But now I'm back in. Since I started this journey, I have lost 13lbs and about an inch or two. Here is hopping for another 40lbs by October 2015 because...

I'M GOING BACK TO DISNEY!! We are committed (or should be) finally. We have some plans set in motion, have priced it out, started saving, planned on some adrs.

It is going to be me and my friend Diane. I think it will be more fun this way, with less people to worry about. So far our plan is (and by "our plan" I mean "my plan" lol) 10 days in October, including travel days, with one day at universal to see our buddy Harry potter. We will be staying at pop century, and will prolly NOT be doing the dining plan. We will prolly only do about 3-4 TS meals (one of which is raglan road, because I love that place) the other places will prolly include 50s prime time. Diane is pretty picky so our choices will be limited, but I am hoping for maybe the wave? Has anyone tried that? We are also going to do tea at GF! And of course MNSSHP!

Well anyway let me know what you think we should do while we are there!

MNSSHP will continue this weekend

Not a big musrooms fan either. The one upside to whole mushrooms is that you can dig them out more easily than when they're chopped.

But in case you are reading, I just wanted to give y'all an update!

:wave:

I'm still here. :) Well, actually, I haven't been on the Dis much lately, because we're not going in 2015 after all. :sad: But I subscribed to this thread, so I catch your posts at least. :thumbsup2

I'M GOING BACK TO DISNEY!!

party:

It is going to be me and my friend Diane. I think it will be more fun this way, with less people to worry about.

::yes::

I don't mind going with my whole family, but that's because we are all fine with breaking down into small groups most of the time. I know a lot of families and other big groups go and have a great time all doing the same stuff, but that is so totally not for me! If I took little ones to WDW I'd just schedule the day to their tastes, and that would be fine, but it would not be my vacation, if you see what I mean -- I'd have to schedule recovery time after, and that would be my vacation. ;)

Vacations can be kind of stressful, and it's interesting the challenges that come up there -- and WDW has challenges other vacation places don't. Hubby and I vacation well together most places, but I'm not sure I'd go to WDW with just him. He might be mellow about it since he's been there a couple of times, but if he went into his "gotta get my money's worth" commando mode, I'd probably give him a thunk and then abandon him until he settled down. :rolleyes1

Diane is pretty picky so our choices will be limited, but I am hoping for maybe the wave?

Haven't done the Wave but it gets pretty good reviews and is on my "want" list -- as is tea at the GF! Hope you guys have a great time!

New to the forum and read this entire thread (trip is in Dec)! I love Doctor Who and Sherlock too and loved your costumes and love of all things geek!

I stayed up way too late reading everything about your trip and loved every minute of it! Thanks for posting!!!

Before we move on, mini real life update! I have been back on my weight loss thing. I had lost 15 lbs (idk if it was weight I gained back from after Disney or if it is weight lost after Disney, because I cant remember what I weighed at Disney), and then I was slowing down, when my boss (a Doctor, and believe me, I had a ton of questions to make sure it was safe) suggested Atkins. I have been on it for 2 days and I am dying lol. I never really thought about carbs, and now only being able to have 20 is really tough. But (and I know I am not supposed to weigh myself in the first week) I weighed myself, and in 2 days I lost a little over a pound. So if it keeps up like this, I will have lost 7 lbs by the time I am done with this first stage. I will keep you updated.

So, when last we spoke, Tony and I had just left Tiana and Naveen. After them, we decided this would be a good time to do some trick or treating! We went through a few paths, and got some good stuff! Not a ton of chocolate, mostly fruit flavored stuff. But by the end of the night, or bags were pretty full.

We decided that this would be a good time to go and visit one of our favorite princes, Flynn Rider! The line was insane, even though it was about 2/3 through the night. It took what seemed like 45 min-an hour to get into the room. It was probably about 30-40 min though. I have to say the line time SAID 20 min, and it was DEF longer than that… so take that for what it is. It was Rapunzel and Flynn and Snow and The Prince. While in the line, Snow and Prince were without guests, as Flynn bogarts them lol, and I looked over and the prince totally had a face of recognition of our costumes! More about that in a minute.

So when it was finally our turn with Punzie and Flynn, they were awesome. Well Flynn was awesome. Rapunzel was just there. Tony had heard that if you ask Flynn what is in his bag, he will show you. So of course he did. Spoiler Alert! He had an apple for Maximus, Rapunzel’s crown, and a reward poster where they finally got his nose right. It was awesome. Rapunzel complimented me on the color of my pen (purple “its my favorite color!!” she said).

After we talked to our favorite Disney rogue, we moved onto Snow and The Prince. The Prince asked us right away if we needed any new companions. He also asked who turned the 10th Doctor into a girl, and I told him it was a trick by The Master (you whovians will understand). :3dglasses:3dglasses Snow had no idea what was going on, and the three of us explained it to her. “it is a Doctor from a distant kingdom who saves people” The Prince told her. She seemed to understand (or pretended to anyway lol), and asked if Dopey could come with us as a companion. I cant remember what we responded. I am not a fan of The Prince in general, but this one was awesome. Probably because he was the only person the whole night who knew what my costume was lol. I hope he is still working there when we go again. I feel like he was clearly a Tennant fan more than a Smith fan, because he focused more on me (unless that is a rule, for princes to focus more on the girls… I feel like that could definitely be a rule there). Snow was a good Snow. Kinda vapid (*** lets face it, in the movie she is not the brightest bulb), and she NAILED the voice and gestures.

New to the forum and read this entire thread (trip is in Dec)! I love Doctor Who and Sherlock too and loved your costumes and love of all things geek!

I stayed up way too late reading everything about your trip and loved every minute of it! Thanks for posting!!!

Welcome! I am glad you enjoy the thread! I am going to try to finish it soon, so you will be up more nights lol.

Sherlock is awesome!

What do you think of the new doctor? I kinda love his darkness. :stir:

I'm following along! YAY for your next upcoming trip with your DBFF. Love POP.

Welcome!!! Hoping to finish soon. (course for me, that means by December lol)

I'm still here. :) Well, actually, I haven't been on the Dis much lately, because we're not going in 2015 after all. :sad: But I subscribed to this thread, so I catch your posts at least. :thumbsup2!

Glad you are still reading! I am reading yours too, and you guys are awesome! :hyper:

my boss (a Doctor, and believe me, I had a ton of questions to make sure it was safe) suggested Atkins. I have been on it for 2 days and I am dying lol.

I've heard Atkins works great -- for those who can stick with it long term. Which I'm pretty sure is true of any diet you can name :rolleyes: (although some would cause harm long term, of course, which Atkins doesnt' seem to). Good luck!

We went through a few paths, and got some good stuff! Not a ton of chocolate, mostly fruit flavored stuff. But by the end of the night, or bags were pretty full.

We're talking about going October 2016 next and doing the MNSSHP; not sure yet if I'll do the Halloween stuff or just enjoy the park (it'll be our only Disney park day for that trip), or do a combination of the two. :scratchin You're not the first to mention a lack of chocolate. ;)

The princes are a major draw, though, just because I think it's generally more fun to see multiple characters at once; half the reason Chip and Dale are so fun is that they play off each other, for instance. Doesn't sound like it works that way as well with some of the Princesses, which is not surprising with Snow White, but I can certainly imagine a true-to-character Rapunzel who'd could be a lot more fun goofing with Flynn. :confused3

He also asked who turned the 10th Doctor into a girl, and I told him it was a trick by The Master (you whovians will understand).

:thumbsup2

What do you think of the new doctor? I kinda love his darkness. :stir:

I'm liking him a lot, myself, but my first intro to the Doctor was Tom Baker, and I watched some of the guys before him pretty early on, so a Doctor who is older and crotchey feels more natural to me. I ultimately liked Tennant, but he took some getting used to. :upsidedow

I am reading yours too, and you guys are awesome! :hyper:

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it. :) Took me so long to finish, I figured the only one reading it was my middle daughter. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter