Disney Visa Reward Offers -Room Discount

I got this email too today and have never gotten one before!!! I was excited until I saw the dates. I need one for next May or June !!!

Hi! Thought I would post this. Just got an email from my Chase Disney Visa..

Valid on most standard rooms from 1/2/2012-2/20/2012
Book through 12/21/2011
up to 25% off value
up to 30% off Moderate
up to 35% off Deluxe
35% off Villas

And another offer for certain nights in September and October for discount on Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Hope this helps someone!! I am not traveling until August of 2012 so I am really hoping for something like this then!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks! I called and saved $571! I am so excited!

I applied for the card but haven't received it yet, so I'm guessing that means I can't use it for this promotion? :confused3

I applied for the card but haven't received it yet, so I'm guessing that means I can't use it for this promotion? :confused3

Call the customer service number 800 955 9296. I applied for the card over the phone last night because it allows for 6 months no interest on our Disney trip. I told the rep that I had to make the payment by Oct 25th and asked whether I would have my card in time to make the payment. She told me she thought so but that I should call the above phone number to expedite receipt of the card. I'd call the number, explain the situation, and see if there is any way they can help you out. It may not work out, but worth a try.

Can you use a AAA discount and the VISA discount? Do you have to book through AAA to do so?

Can you use a AAA discount and the VISA discount? Do you have to book through AAA to do so?

I am pretty sure you can only use one discount per booking..if another one comes out that's better, than you can use that one, but I don't think you can use 2?

I wonder if they are going to release an AP discount or FLRES discount before they put out the GP discount....?!?! I sure hope so, if not I will be calling first thing on the 5th

Addition: I just got off the phone with a phone rep, who said that nothing has been released for AP discounts, but that I should call again midweek "just in case"...... I will be.

Thanks OP!!! Just got Boardwalk Villa for our dates for 1261.45 for 4 adults. Would have been 1940.65. That's a huge savings!! I've been waiting for this!!

Yay for a room discount! I've been checking Mousesavers nearly every day waiting for possible room discounts to be released (my dates just missed out on free dining). It's pretty awesome to save several hundred dollars with a single phone call. :cheer2:

I didn't get an e-mail notice from Chase either. :confused3 It's rather odd that some of us get e-mails, while others don't.

FYI- you have to pay your deposit with a Chase Disney card, credit or debit, to take advantage of the Disney Visa Card holder promotion. I called earlier to apply the discount and if I hadn't already paid our deposit with mine they would have refunded me and required me to pay a new deposit with a Chase Disney card. So for those of you that have applied and haven't received a card yet, that could be an issue. Of course once this promotion goes public on the 5th, it will no longer be an issue. I saved $410 on a 3 night Poly stay though so it's a great discount!

We were considering a trip in Feb... Arriving either the 16th or 18th...Staying for about a week. I see the dates go up until the 20th... If we check in before the 20th, would the discount carry thru our week or would it just be until the 20th?

EDIT: I think I already know the answer to this... The discount would apply to dates up to 2/20, then full rack rate would kick in afterwards, correct? The wording on Mousesavers confused me because it states "For check ins x/xx-2/20".

We were considering a trip in Feb... Arriving either the 16th or 18th...Staying for about a week. I see the dates go up until the 20th... If we check in before the 20th, would the discount carry thru our week or would it just be until the 20th?

EDIT: I think I already know the answer to this... The discount would apply to dates up to 2/20, then full rack rate would kick in afterwards, correct? The wording on Mousesavers confused me because it states "For check ins x/xx-2/20".

You're right. The rules for free dining is different than for room discounts, so alot of people get them mixed up. With free dining as long as you check in by the last day of the promotion you get it for your entire stay. Room discounts don't work that way. Each night stands on it's own, so you'd only get the discount until the 20th. After that it'd be rack rate.

Also it used to be that if you started your trip during value season and it changed to regular or holiday season during your trip, you got the value season price for the whole trip, but that is no longer true. You pay for each night depending on which season it falls into. They are also charging more for Friday and Saturday nights now too. So depending on how your dates fall, you may pay several different rates during your trip. I know for one of our late Sept/early Oct trips one year we paid five different prices for the same room (AP weekend value season, AP weekday value season, AP weekday regular season, AP weekend regular season, then one night at rack rate weekend regular season). Anyway my point is that each night of a resort stay stands on it's own. The only exception is for free dining.

Well, I applied for the Disney Visa and got approved (it's showing up on my Chase online statement :woohoo:), but unless the card arrives tomorrow, I have to wait until Wednesday for the GP discount. Hoping for the best!

I can't get a cast member to help me! They say there is no advanced booking offer for Visa card holders!

Tried using code C58 even. Two smart-mouthed cast members told me it did not exist and only offers under 'special offers' on their website were available. 'Third party emails from Disney Visa do not apply. Only Special Offers listed on our website are valid.'

:confused3

I did call that number. They acted like I was crazy. They said I shouldn't rely on things I read on the internet. That they can only go by what is on the special offers page.

Weird (and frustrating). I was able to book a room at the GF with this discount on Sunday. I never received an email, I had just read about it here, and called 407-934-7639. The CM I spoke to found the offer no problem. :confused3 Maybe call back and, if they again tell you they have no idea what you're talking about, refer them to the offer on the disneyrewards.com page?

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/offers/wdwq2sept11.html

Good luck!

Thank you for your offers of help. I talked to a surpervisor, and he said there was no offer available for Visa card holders at this time.

I give up. Maybe I can book with the public tomorrow.

Thank you for your offers of help. I talked to a surpervisor, and he said there was no offer available for Visa card holders at this time.

I give up. Maybe I can book with the public tomorrow.

I hate that when they act like you're just relying on some crazy internet rumor. I called on Sunday, wasn't even aware there was a special code and just told the agent, who was extremely friendly and helpful, that I was calling about the Disney visa discount and wondering if it could be applied to my existing reservation. She knew exactly what I was talking about, went over the details of it and went out of her way to help me.
Hope you can get it straightened out. I would double check the dates of your stay, make sure they fall under the promo dates and keep calling until you get someone with a clue. I just called the regular reservations number, btw. Our reservation is for the Poly, so I didn't want to wait, I was afraid if I waited there wouldn't be any more promotonal rates available for our time frame. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter