Disney Vacation Club Hurricane Policy: Everything You Need to Know

Yeah, I had to use this last November for our planned trip to the Food & Wine Festival -- I had even managed to snag the Boardwalk for our travel dates at the 7 month mark. Alas, a hurricane hit here and ruined our plans. I was able to cancel and return points no issue, and I was also able to take the value of our unused MVMCP tickets towards Jollywood Nights tickets this year (I had called Ticket Services and they made a note on the MVMCP tickets so that I could use them for a future event).

Looks like she changed direction and is now heading towards the gulf coast.Fingers crossed everyone

I was able to take advantage of this protocol and cancel my trip (would have arrived on Sunday). The points showed up almost immediately in the proper use year. Calling Member Services is key. You cannot cancel the trip online. Just sharing my experience for anyone else who made need it.

Yeah, I had to use this last November for our planned trip to the Food & Wine Festival -- I had even managed to snag the Boardwalk for our travel dates at the 7 month mark. Alas, a hurricane hit here and ruined our plans. I was able to cancel and return points no issue, and I was also able to take the value of our unused MVMCP tickets towards Jollywood Nights tickets this year (I had called Ticket Services and they made a note on the MVMCP tickets so that I could use them for a future event).

Oh, gosh. Glad it worked out for you but I'm nervous because I have a GV booked for a family trip around Halloween and that would be so disappointing for the kids and grandkids if we have to cancel. It's hard enough to get everyone together.

Oh, gosh. Glad it worked out for you but I'm nervous because I have a GV booked for a family trip around Halloween and that would be so disappointing for the kids and grandkids if we have to cancel. It's hard enough to get everyone together.
Very low risk of hurricanes around Halloween - not impossible, but you should be fine.

I hear you! Ours was the first time my husband and I were going to go to Disney just the two of us in years and years.

But end of October is nearing the end of hurricane season. Last years was unusual, so you should be fine. My next trip at the end of September is more likely to get one. So here’s to hoping your trip is just fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter