• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Transport from resorts - how late DO you arrive?

A few comments regarding the car rental route. We usually do a one-day rental, so we pick up the car at the Dolphin the afternoon prior to cruise departure. Since the rentals are charged in 24-hour days once you are past 2 hours, the price is usually the same as picking up the morning of the cruise and dropping off the car later that day. Of course, your 4 parks in one day may make this a hassle. The cash tolls from WDW to the port on 417 and 528 now total $6.00, two $1.75 tolls on 417 and $1.50 and $1.00 tolls on 528. Finally, the trip from WDW to the port will use only 1 to 2 gallons of gas. It is not worth it for me to find a gas station to refill the car before dropping it off, so I just pay the inflated rate that Alamo charges to refuel. This usually adds $6 to my rental cost. I just figure a total of $12 in addition to my rental quote to cover tolls and fuel. My two most recent rentals were about $45 each, so much less than the DCL bus. However, when I add in the gratuity for bell services to move and load luggage into the car at BWV and the gratuity for the porter at the port, I figure it’s about break even for the two of us compared to the DCL bus. Using DCL bus, neither of these gratuities come into play.

A few comments regarding the car rental route. We usually do a one-day rental, so we pick up the car at the Dolphin the afternoon prior to cruise departure. Since the rentals are charged in 24-hour days once you are past 2 hours, the price is usually the same as picking up the morning of the cruise and dropping off the car later that day. Of course, your 4 parks in one day may make this a hassle. The cash tolls from WDW to the port on 417 and 528 now total $6.00, two $1.75 tolls on 417 and $1.50 and $1.00 tolls on 528. Finally, the trip from WDW to the port will use only 1 to 2 gallons of gas. It is not worth it for me to find a gas station to refill the car before dropping it off, so I just pay the inflated rate that Alamo charges to refuel. This usually adds $6 to my rental cost. I just figure a total of $12 in addition to my rental quote to cover tolls and fuel. My two most recent rentals were about $45 each, so much less than the DCL bus. However, when I add in the gratuity for bell services to move and load luggage into the car at BWV and the gratuity for the porter at the port, I figure it’s about break even for the two of us compared to the DCL bus. Using DCL bus, neither of these gratuities come into play.

Thanks so hopefully I can get a better rate booking so far in advance. Yes I'd just pick it up morning due to our plans the previous day. Thanks for the heads up about tolls and gas, I wonder if I can use my EZ pass there? I forget now but I think I can, if I remember to stick it in my bag.

Where I live gas is still much higher than what Alamo charges to refill in florida so also not concerned about that. But it's good to know all of the costs involved!

Thanks so hopefully I can get a better rate booking so far in advance. Yes I'd just pick it up morning due to our plans the previous day. Thanks for the heads up about tolls and gas, I wonder if I can use my EZ pass there? I forget now but I think I can, if I remember to stick it in my bag.

Where I live gas is still much higher than what Alamo charges to refill in florida so also not concerned about that. But it's good to know all of the costs involved!
Yes, EZPass will work for this route between WDW and the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter