Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

While there has been a lot of discussion about Disney marking the bottoms of the cabins for clearer identification from below, has there been any confirmation that this is going to happen? While I think something should happen for easier identification, I’m wondering what they will do and when they will do it, if at all.

They were on site shortly after the incident, showing they probably never really left.

I'm going to guess there will always be a handful of field reps at Disney, at least for quite a while.
Doppelmayr is contracted to maintain the system. There was a group of a half dozen or so Doppelmayr techs at CBR (can't remember whether it was opening day or the 2nd day I rode.) It looked like they were new hires being given a briefing or tour, but I'm sure there will be a few experienced Doppelmayr techs on site to oversee.

I'm looking forward to hearing some new reports from riders and wonder whether they are are noticing any differences coming out of the new procedures and training.

The thing that surprises me about this is that they are going to open them back up for a couple of days, then take them down again for parts of a few days for system updates.

If there are system updates being done why not just get the updates done before you open them back up to the public especially when it would only be down for a few extra days anyway.

The thing that surprises me about this is that they are going to open them back up for a couple of days, then take them down again for parts of a few days for system updates.

If there are system updates being done why not just get the updates done before you open them back up to the public especially when it would only be down for a few extra days anyway.

I agree. More testing just using the real life guest load??

I am also interested to hear from those who are riding today. Any delays like before they went down? Running more smoothly?
We will be there next month and I do think that we will ride. I'll be prepared with water and an empty bladder.
I know Disney isn't disclosing the reason this all happened, but there has been some educated speculation and it seems relatively minor, although not for those stuck for 3 hours.

My guess is that the updates are not mechanical but they’re waiting for something that they will need to add/update the system? We can be sure that if it was mechanical parts they’re waiting for Disney would it have opened the system. I’m guessing it’s whatever they’re going to do to make them more easily identifiable on the line.

They may add numbers to the bottom or possibly just some sort of gps tracking system?

I'm looking forward to hearing some new reports from riders and wonder whether they are are noticing any differences coming out of the new procedures and training.
I am also interested to hear from those who are riding today. Any delays like before they went down? Running more smoothly?
We will be there next month and I do think that we will ride. I'll be prepared with water and an empty bladder.
I know Disney isn't disclosing the reason this all happened, but there has been some educated speculation and it seems relatively minor, although not for those stuck for 3 hours.

Looks like folks from the DIS are riding it now - so hopefully they come out with a video or something with their thoughts on how it was and if they noticed any differences

They did take a photo of this sign that I think is new (saw others report of it as well and today is first day I recall seeing it) mentioning that there may be starts and stops while riding

Can’t speak for the communication but Dopplemayr was on site for this past week that it was down.
Knowledgeable Gondola operators suggested human error when they saw the photos of the stacked up cars Even in the case of human error the safety systems worked well and no one was injured so Disney/Doppelmayr did a good job on the safety systems

Rode it this afternoon. A lot of fun. 5 gondales including a yellow and blue one are in the time out corner at the CBR station. Line only stopped once for about 3 minutes. Got a little warmer but not too bad. Nice breeze when moving. Emergency kit has a break away tie wrap on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter