Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I hope so. This trip is turning out way different than we expected when we booked early this year (expected to have Skyliner and MMRR and no SWGE, instead it's the opposite).

yeah, no kidding! Guess you can't even "trust the shovels" any more

Well... I wanted to know before my PIF day and so now I do... Now do I switch from POP standard room ro ASMO preferred room for basically the same price? I guess I'll just stick with what I have. Oh but I was hoping it would be open when we go!

I once held out hope to ride it on our vacation 7/28 - 8/3. We may have to add an extra day or 2 on 2021's vacation because there will be so many new things for us to experience by then. Just missing the NBA Experience also which my son would have loved, he is NBA 24/7. At least the NBA gift shop is open.

We are at Pop Sept 21-28, I wonder how they would notify you of soft openings? Would they expect you to just walk by and see they are running?
Often that's how the soft openings work. Rather than be announced they may just start running and accepting guests. I believe it's also with the understanding that it's still in a testing phase so there may be more stopping and starting than when they're officially open.

Are we sure that only one bench per car can fold? I thought I heard that all of the benches were hinged, though of course if there are any folks on board who walk onto the gondola, at least one bench has to be down to give them a place to sit, because they are not going to be allowing standing riders.

If both benches are hinged, one could in theory accommodate 2 wheelchairs or ECV's, but their users would have to be the only passengers in the car. I think that one gondola can probably handle 2 single strollers easily with one bench up, but 2 doubles might be pushing the limit, and would almost surely have to unload on the stationary loop, because there probably wouldn't be room to turn them inside the gondola.
I know the answer is likely, we won't know until they open, but how are they going to "not allow standing riders"? I don't see people wanting to sit at least initially so that they can look out. Or did you mean as far as loading size goes, there needs to be a seat for each person?

Oh, well-like everyone else here, I'm so disappointed for my trip in mid-September. Just before I came here, I was checking the menus at CBR, having figured I'd be able to take the gondola from DHS or the IG to CBR and eat there.

I just changed my mid September trip to September 28th through October 4th to coincide with my dad being down on a business trip. We can go to MNSSHP and do some other things too. Saw the news of the full line opening on the 29th makes me even happier that I moved my dates.

We are at Pop Sept 21-28, I wonder how they would notify you of soft openings? Would they expect you to just walk by and see they are running?
That was our experience with Expedition Everest before it officially opened. Walking by there was a cast member standing outside inviting people to ride. We went on it, then just came out the exit and went back in.

Wonder if they will still open the DHS line in time for Star Wars, but the official full opening will be Sept 29? Hoping for that! At Pop 9/24-10/1 and was planning my Epcot and DHS days earlier in the trip :/ Happy though that I’ll definitity get to ride it while there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter