• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I just find it very interesting that the sign right next to it say's "Pardon our pixie dust as we enhance this area for Disney's innovative transportation system"
just seems like more than a sidewalk...

I just find it very interesting that the sign right next to it say's "Pardon our pixie dust as we enhance this area for Disney's innovative transportation system"
just seems like more than a sidewalk...
I think you’re reading too much into a sign.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that sign is referencing the construction of the giant Skyliner station across the pond and has been there for a long time, not referencing the sidewalk widening work (even though that's more proximate).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that sign is referencing the construction of the giant Skyliner station across the pond and has been there for a long time, not referencing the sidewalk widening work (even though that's more proximate).

I agree with this. If you are reading the sign you are facing the Skyliner station, not the fenced off areas.

NEWS

it was posted by the site that can no longer be linked here, but sings are up on the Skyliner listing safety guidelines and capacity limits ... so another "sign" of finishing touches

States maximum for regular cabin is 10 guests and for a cabin with a wheelchair/ECV the max is 6 people ... first time I recall specifics for the accessible cabins

NEWS

it was posted by the site that can no longer be linked here, but sings are up on the Skyliner listing safety guidelines and capacity limits ... so another "sign" of finishing touches

States maximum for regular cabin is 10 guests and for a cabin with a wheelchair/ECV the max is 6 people ... first time I recall specifics for the accessible cabins
Makes sense: 1 on the chair, 5 on the opposite bench that's not folded.

NEWS

Derek needs a better camera. I can't make out the stroller part.

Hi, everyone. I’ve been lurking for a while. We are here now and a leader CM at IG told us they are shooting for an August open date but it depends on ratatouille construction bc of both safety and show issues. A bus driver also told us the HS leg is slated to open on August 29 with SGE (apparently something on the bus schedules so may indicate fewer buses). He also said they are testing them at 12mph and will run them around 5mph or something like that. Interesting but I’m not sure if it’s reliable. Just sharing what we heard.

Hi, everyone. I’ve been lurking for a while. We are here now and a leader CM at IG told us they are shooting for an August open date but it depends on ratatouille construction bc of both safety and show issues. A bus driver also told us the HS leg is slated to open on August 29 with SGE (apparently something on the bus schedules so may indicate fewer buses). He also said they are testing them at 12mph and will run them around 5mph or something like that. Interesting but I’m not sure if it’s reliable. Just sharing what we heard.
5 mph - personally, I don't believe it. And August 29 is in direct conflict with the rumor posted earlier on this page.

I could see them opening the DHS and Pop lines, and delaying the Epcot line, not until Rat is finished, but until construction has reached a certain stage. That would give them full service from the 3 existing resorts to DHS, which is really all they need for SWGE. The Epcot line won't be needed for SWGE until Riviera opens. The boats and the walking path can continue to serve the Epcot resorts; bus service can be added if really needed.

I think it’s much simpler than that.
I think they will always have 2 or 3 cabins available in the second loop ready to load a wheelchair/ECV. Once loaded they will direct another cabin into the second loop allowing the loaded cabin to join the main line
One thing you guys are forgetting in all your scenarios is that there are going to be incoming cabins with a ECV, wheelchair, stroller etc. that is going to need to unload in that loop also. They're going to have to leave at least one possibly 2 open positions in that loop for incoming cabins to go to.

No way 5 mph is true and doesn't line up with the stated travel times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter