Disney Returning to NYC?

It's what I read on here, which is why I said apparently lol

I understand that, but people buy into fallacies all the time. E.g. 'Disney isn't currently serving NYC. Every NYC cruise I've been on has been full, there MUST be a reason why.' Disney's commitment to Fort Lauderdale, along with the fact that FL-based cruises have been driving some of the highest fares, is likely the real reason why. As I mentioned earlier, when the third ship is delivered, we will likely see some NYC sailings.

If the Fantasy does dry dock in 2025, I think we will see NYC in 2026.

If she doesn’t do dry dock in 2025 I think we’ll see NYC in 2025 and then even maybe another ship doing NYC in 2026, since Wish 3 should be sailing by then.

I don't buy the whole "adult establishments" excuse. I find it hard to believe that Disney doesn't want to cruise out of NYC because of the Hustler Club. There aren't signs with a bunch of "XXX" or "Girls Girls Girls" or anything like that or any clue as to what is inside unless you know what Hustler is. Besides that, 12th Ave is basically just office buildings, parking and car dealerships. Cruising past the Statue of Liberty or all the architecture of NYC or going under the Verrazzano would be much more noticeable and meaningful to most, if not all, passengers.

I would think higher port costs, higher fuel costs, higher goods and delivery costs and the additional wear and tear ships take in the Northern Atlantic Ocean vs the Southern Atlantic are the more likely reasons why there are less options in the NYC/NJ area. Larger cruise lines can afford to stick a ship up here for most or all a year. Smaller lines, like DCL, don't need to. 1 ship in 20+ being less profitable isn't a big deal. 1 ship in 5 is going to raise eyebrows.

Hoping the Magic comes back, one of our top DCL cruises was the 7 day Quebec-NYC itinerary; we also enjoyed the 5 day NYC-Canada-NYC cruise. After 15 cruises, pretty much lost interest in DCL. Don't enjoy the bigger ships & the itineraries are meh.
We are getting there too.

Planned on doing Oceania from Montreal => Quebec, but we just missed out on the "teaser price", so decided to pass.

Going to try a(nother) NCL from New Orleans this Fall to Mexico, and (their version of tourist-focused islands) in Belize and Honduras. We will be trying the Haven this time, and still paying $160 + non-optional gratuity for both of us to get soft drinks

DCL to Italy & Greece has been on our list for a while, but a) can't seem to make the schedule work, and b) Double? the price of CelebrityX or Virgin.

Hmm. Sad. We DID like our recent Hawaii=>Vancouver but without our young son, hmm?

DCL to Italy & Greece has been on our list for a while, but a) can't seem to make the schedule work, and b) Double? the price of CelebrityX or Virgin.
This is what keeps us from booking in Europe with DCL tbh. Euro cruises are so port intensive that the extreme premium Disney charges over the other lines is something I just can't justify when we are not spending as much time on the ship.

This is what keeps us from booking in Europe with DCL tbh. Euro cruises are so port intensive that the extreme premium Disney charges over the other lines is something I just can't justify when we are not spending as much time on the ship.
We're sailing NCL in the Med this summer for this reason. Plus, Disney just has crappier itineraries.

It's the Mediterranean itineraries that are port intensive. Northern European have a good balance. Our kids' two fav trips have been the Baltic and the Iceland cruises on the Magic.

Sad to confess, but we now avoid Italy and Greece in the summer in general. Too much heat, and too many people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter