• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney recommended hotels in Barcelona

I was able to use CC points to lower the cost at the Hilton; but didn't come close to having enough points to book at the Renaissance Barcelona. If we were staying more then one night; then being in another part of town might be more important. We will be taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel; but I'm fine paying for the convenience of having the Disney Transportation from the hotel to the port and from the port back to the airport.

Psy

We are big Marriott people and have been planning our cruise since last September. I was displeased to find out that a couple of months ago Marriott bumped up every hotel of theirs in Barcelona by one category. So the hotel we are using that was category five is now category six and requires 5000 more points. We are still going to stay there but harrumph.

in Barcelona, we have stayed at Hotel Reding one time and Hotel Jazz twice. We will use Hotel Jazz for four nights after the EBTA in May. However, if you want to stay at one of the DCL-recommended hotels, you might get good rates at the Hilton Diagonal Mar by joining the Hilton Honors program (no charge to do this).

in Barcelona, we have stayed at Hotel Reding one time and Hotel Jazz twice. We will use Hotel Jazz for four nights after the EBTA in May. However, if you want to stay at one of the DCL-recommended hotels, you might get good rates at the Hilton Diagonal Mar by joining the Hilton Honors program (no charge to do this).
Or AAA. I'm a Hilton honor's member and I find the AAA rate usually beats the Hilton Honors rate. I've found this to be true at just about any of the hotel chains. I joined AAA last year. As someone who travels alot it was a good investment. It paid for itself with just a couple of hotel stays.

This hotels is on my short list. Specifically what did you love about it? Any negatives?

I didn’t have any real negatives. My room was clean and comfortable. It was ready when I got there at around 10am.

One side does look onto a playground/courtyard for a school/kids program, but I never heard any noise from them.

It is very close to the main areas, but not close enough to be overly busy. I never felt unsafe there.

Good morning:

We are in need now of two nights in Barcelona prior to embarkation and 1 night after debarkation. Where can I find a list of the Disney approved hotels?
Just an FYI for you or anyone else.
I'm not sure how often you visit these boards, but rates at this resort have dropped significantly. My dates it's down to 157. 00 euros per night. A month ago it was at 300 euros a night. I wasn't considering the Hiltons because they are not in the center of town, but I'm giving it a second thought at these rates. It's one of the few hotel you can actually book a room with two beds.

I'm not on the facebook group, but if you guys plan something, let us know on the Meet Thread.

Some sailings don't their Meet Thread started. We are going at the end of June (and last time I looked) there was no activity on the thread..........
They may want to post something to this thread depending.........

I just booked an apartment here: https://www.bcnramblacatalunya.com/about

It's just outside the main La Rambla area, kind of an equal distance from La Rambla and Sagrada Familia. Pretty good reviews on TripAdvisor. Full 1-5 bedroom apartments with kitchens and washer/dryers. We're not doing a Med cruise, but staying a week in Barcelona as part of our family trip to Europe. Seems like a good option if you are doing a stay of more than 1 or 2 days. Daily maid service is also available for a fee, but I like that it's optional because I'd rather have privacy.

We stayed at the Renaissance Barcelona for several days before our B2B Med./WBTA cruises. The location was awesome. We walked to several Gaudi buildings and the cathedral. The hotel staff helped us get on a bus to Parc Gruell as well as reservations to get in. From there we took a cab to our walking tour of Old Town and the Picasso Museum. They couldn't have been more helpful. In addition, the DCL had a desk in the lobby where you check in for your transportation, ask questions, etc. It was pricy, but well worth it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter