Disney recommended hotels in Barcelona

Livesincelebration

Living the Dream
Good morning:

We are in need now of two nights in Barcelona prior to embarkation and 1 night after debarkation. Where can I find a list of the Disney approved hotels?

Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona. If you called DCL, I'm sure they would tell you any others.

The two that are recommended are: Renaissance Barcelona and as disneyfaninaz stated the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona. There are quite a few people who will be staying at the Hilton before the cruise. So if you can find rooms there; you should run into a few of us that will be on the same cruise :)

Psy

If there's going to be so many, we should set up a meet & greet up at the pool the night before or something. :confused3

Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona. If you called DCL, I'm sure they would tell you any others.

I stayed there before my Barcelona to NY transatlantic in 2016. I loved it. I was only there for one night by myself but I the hotel was beautiful and it included breakfast the next morning. The pool was also lovely. There was a mall right across the street as well.

I booked directly through DCL and it was costly (over $400) but I wanted convenience. They had a private car pick me up from the airport and I took the transfer to the port the next morning. Very easy.

Here are two pics I took from my hotel room of the pool and surrounding area.

IMG_6625.JPG
IMG_6626.JPG

MJ

Last edited:
If there's going to be so many, we should set up a meet & greet up at the pool the night before or something. :confused3

That would work for me. I'm basing my comment of "quite a few" on a facebook group for the cruise; who have stated that they were staying at the same hotel.

Psy

That would work for me. I'm basing my comment of "quite a few" on a facebook group for the cruise; who have stated that they were staying at the same hotel.

Psy
I'm not on the facebook group, but if you guys plan something, let us know on the Meet Thread.

Those are recommended partly because they are two of the very few chain hotels in Barcelona that sleep 4/room. Neither are particularly close to the port. Not saying bad things about them at all, just giving you some backstory. The Renaissance is on the Metro line (Fira station).

Depending on what you want to do in Barcelona you may also want to check on the location of the hotel. When I called several months ago only one of the hotels still had availability through Disney. (Sorry but I can't remember which one.) We wanted to be closer to the more central part of the city and the remaining hotel was further away. As a result we ended up going with a completely different hotel shortly from Las Ramblas. I found a lot of good information and reviews on Barcelona hotels on trip advisor and cruise critic.

I also want to add that we stayed in Barcelona this past summer on a land trip for 5 nights and also loved our hotel on that trip. It was the Hotel U232. They had an included breakfast in our rate and we just walked a block to the metro and went everywhere. There was also a Disney Store about a mile away that I might have had to visit lol!! No pool though at that hotel. We were out all day and wouldn't even have had a chance to use the pool we were so busy sightseeing.

MJ

I stayed at the Acta Atrium Palace last year and LOVED it. LOVED Barcelona and want to go back!!

Thank you everyone!!!! We booked the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona for both ends of the cruise! We would love to have a meet with all of you before the cruise!!!!!

WE have stopped at Hilton diagonal mar a couple of times before cruises, we love the hotel and there is a mall across the road with a big food store to get snacks, water etc for cruise. There was also some great places to eat in the mall.

We did the cruise last summer (1 week after the Las Ramblas attack) and stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar. great location near the hop on hop off busses and a mall across the street. We booked independently at a rate of EUR 250 and as a Hilton gold member got free breakfast. Easy to hop a cab to port.

The Hilton seems so far away from everything and it's expensive. I've found other 4 star hotels within walking distance with better reviews for less money.

The Hilton seems so far away from everything and it's expensive. I've found other 4 star hotels within walking distance with better reviews for less money.
Both Disney recommended hotels in Barcelona are what I would consider expensive. The Hilton for us was the cheaper of the two (can't beat $10 for the night :-)); and we wanted to stay at a Disney recommended hotel so we can use their ground transport service. We also are not concerned about the location; since there are still plenty of restaurants around and the beach is only a few blocks away. Which will be perfect as we get acclimated to the time zone change.

Psy

Both Disney recommended hotels in Barcelona are what I would consider expensive. The Hilton for us was the cheaper of the two (can't beat $10 for the night :-)); and we wanted to stay at a Disney recommended hotel so we can use their ground transport service. We also are not concerned about the location; since there are still plenty of restaurants around and the beach is only a few blocks away. Which will be perfect as we get acclimated to the time zone change.

Psy
I assume your staying with points, but for people reading this thread that aren't....just pointing out it's not the most centrally located or least expensive 4 star hotel. There are other options closer to the tourist attractions. Taxis are cheaper then DCL transportation.

It seems like it's a good choice for you especially since it's not costing you anything, and you prefer the beach over the city.

I assume your staying with points, but for people reading this thread that aren't....just pointing out it's not the most centrally located or least expensive 4 star hotel. There are other options closer to the tourist attractions. Taxis are cheaper then DCL transportation.

It seems like it's a good choice for you especially since it's not costing you anything, and you prefer the beach over the city.
I was able to use CC points to lower the cost at the Hilton; but didn't come close to having enough points to book at the Renaissance Barcelona. If we were staying more then one night; then being in another part of town might be more important. We will be taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel; but I'm fine paying for the convenience of having the Disney Transportation from the hotel to the port and from the port back to the airport.

Psy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter