• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Parks Moms Panel 2015

Gary had a chuckle about this in my interview. He referenced our beloved Stat Girl Sue and said last year her numbers weren't even close. Gasp!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:The horror!!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Just kidding! I love that there will always be a little pixie dust and magic in Moms Panel selection process. It's what keeps us coming back year after year.

So happy to see Stat Girl back on here. Yay!!

My interview was this morning. I now truly believe what others have said who have interviewed already. There's nothing to sweat. That was easily the most enjoyable interview I've ever had. So many laughs.

I won't go into any further detail so everyone has a level playing field. I am sure we will all chat about it once the process is complete.

I will echo what Danielle and Patty have said, chatting with Gary is just plain fun! No stress. I had such an awesome time with my interview this morning. The time just flies by, felt like I could of talked to him for hours.
Good luck to all the hopefuls and huge thanks to all supporting us. With so few joining the panel the reality is there will be more R3 folk joining the 2016 hopefuls. I don't know how Gary and the team make these tough choices with so many fabulous people in each round.

Hi. I haven't been around these parts in FOREVER!!

My signature must be SO outdated!

Anyway, just wanted to say good luck to everyone still going! I see some familiar faces in here along with plenty of new ones.

No matter what happens, Just keep swimming.

Someone fill me in... I checked twitter but I couldn't find where he was telling guests about their mistakes. I only saw the apologies.

So, what I gather is, Gary started to answer questions about mistakes on applications, a couple people got offended and sent him nasty messages. Gary then realized he had opened up a huge can of worms and then apologized for trying to be helpful??

Did he post the nasty messages??? I am dying to know what they said!

Best wishes to everyone with your upcoming interviews!!

For those who have already had theirs, I'm so glad to hear it went well! I'm sure it must be fun to have a conversation with Gary.

When I interviewed with Laura a couple of years ago, it felt like a train wreck that I couldn't stop. Not that anything bad happened, but I could just tell we were not making a "connection". She was nice, but seemed really distracted. Like maybe she had already decided on the panel and was just going through my interview as a formality??? Anyway, I am happy to hear that your interviews with Gary felt much better!

Someone fill me in... I checked twitter but I couldn't find where he was telling guests about their mistakes. I only saw the apologies. So, what I gather is, Gary started to answer questions about mistakes on applications, a couple people got offended and sent him nasty messages. Gary then realized he had opened up a huge can of worms and then apologized for trying to be helpful?? Did he post the nasty messages??? I am dying to know what they said!
I believe the meanies comment is not related to the mistakes tweets. The meanies tweet was related to the 2 people who complained to Gary that the clues were stressing them out. Or at least that's how I understood it. ;)

I believe the meanies comment is not related to the mistakes tweets. The meanies tweet was related to the 2 people who complained to Gary that the clues were stressing them out. Or at least that's how I understood it. ;)

That was my understanding too :)

I'm glad you have a distraction this weekend with your project. How kind of you to put that together for your coworkers! Good luck on Monday! I was just getting ready to say that I think everyone on here has posted that their interview is on Monday. Hope you feel it went well today -- good luck! You're such a sweetheart, Kathy. :) I actually haven't followed any of the comments on Gary's tweets since Tuesday, so I didn't know people were posing those kinds of questions to him. I REALLY don't think I made any typographical or nomenclature errors. I felt awesome about my answers/essays -- it was the video I was worried about. I just don't know if I'm "bubbly" enough. No worries, though -- I'm not dwelling on it or anything. I am, however, very excited for all of you! FYI, I do plan on PMing you about something, if you don't mind. So, do you all know if there will be cuts between Rounds 3 and 4 or if it will be like last year where they just use Round 4 to help cement their decision? Have you been told when you'll be notified if you'll be on the panel or not?

Had the exact same thought about my video. Kept saying to myself "I should have smiled more! Why didn't I SMILE more??!!!!" LOL!

I'm sure once everyone has completed their interviews, we'll be sharing more about what we've learned so far. All will be revealed!

Certainly you can PM me! I don't check here a lot so can't say when I might see your message, but I'll try to keep an eye out.

:) Kathy

Gary had a chuckle about this in my interview. He referenced our beloved Stat Girl Sue and said last year her numbers weren't even close. Gasp! So even if we know a number, it doesn't mean there aren't double or triple out there! Hang in there guys. It can make you dde1c if you let it. Haukuna matata!

Oh, dear. My confidence level just plummeted! :)

So happy to see Stat Girl back on here. Yay!! My interview was this morning. I now truly believe what others have said who have interviewed already. There's nothing to sweat. That was easily the most enjoyable interview I've ever had. So many laughs. I won't go into any further detail so everyone has a level playing field. I am sure we will all chat about it once the process is complete.

Had my interview Friday AM. I'm sure he was referencing notes, but he seemed to remember me from last year, which really helped put me at ease. He truly is the best of the best. So glad he's running this show!

. With so few joining the panel the reality is there will be more R3 folk joining the 2016 hopefuls. I don't know how Gary and the team make these tough choices with so many fabulous people in each round.

So, so true! Way more in R3 than we ever thought, apparently, so our odds are much better of rejoining our friends in the waiting room than of taking the next step. Time to be positive, hope for the best and be proud of our efforts either way! :)

Best wishes to everyone with your upcoming interviews!! For those who have already had theirs, I'm so glad to hear it went well! I'm sure it must be fun to have a conversation with Gary. When I interviewed with Laura a couple of years ago, it felt like a train wreck that I couldn't stop. Not that anything bad happened, but I could just tell we were not making a "connection". She was nice, but seemed really distracted. Like maybe she had already decided on the panel and was just going through my interview as a formality??? Anyway, I am happy to hear that your interviews with Gary felt much better!

Well that just stinks. So sorry you had to go through something like that at a time that should have been exciting and fun. Gary just gets it. He knows you're nervous, he settles you down right away, and he strikes a relaxed, positive tone throughout. He clearly respects each of us as a Disney Parks Guest, and I'm starting to think we'd all run through a wall for him, whether we make it on the panel or not!

Rooting for you to make R3 and get to experience it the "Gary way" next year!!! :)

That was my understanding too :)

Ditto. The meanies didn't like having to exercise their brains on Gary's fan-tabulous clues. To those of you who noted that squashing Gary's fun may lead to a one-way ticket out of contention, I think you're right! His last tweet about it referenced them in the past tense. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Hey folks.. Haven't posted here in a while. I'm still in the running, hoping for a spot in R4. One step at a time. Btw my speciality is WDW.

What I wonder is how they are handling the Brazilian applicants. Will they have a certain number of them and keep them on a separate pool? It seems they haven't even gotten the R3 results still.

I'm trying to stay low key and not looking much into what I did wrong or not, nor reading what others mention. I feel I need to be myself all the way and do a postmortem when the ride ends. In a way, glad work and family keep me busy. And if not, I do have my meditation chamber.

<insert Vader breathing here>

Hey folks.. Haven't posted here in a while. I'm still in the running, hoping for a spot in R4. One step at a time. Btw my speciality is WDW.

What I wonder is how they are handling the Brazilian applicants. Will they have a certain number of them and keep them on a separate pool? It seems they haven't even gotten the R3 results still.

I'm trying to stay low key and not looking much into what I did wrong or not, nor reading what others mention. I feel I need to be myself all the way and do a postmortem when the ride ends. In a way, glad work and family keep me busy. And if not, I do have my meditation chamber.

<insert Vader breathing here>

The Brazilian search is being handled separate from ours, and is on a some what different schedule. I am not sure if their numbers are part of our numbers, like if 20 make the panel 18 will be from ours and 2 from Brazil.

Well that just stinks. So sorry you had to go through something like that at a time that should have been exciting and fun. Gary just gets it. He knows you're nervous, he settles you down right away, and he strikes a relaxed, positive tone throughout. He clearly respects each of us as a Disney Parks Guest, and I'm starting to think we'd all run through a wall for him, whether we make it on the panel or not!

Rooting for you to make R3 and get to experience it the "Gary way" next year!!! :)

Thank you!

I hope I didn't make it seem like Laura was a jerk or anything. She did try to put me at ease by referencing some of the things I had written about myself in the essays, for instance she mentioned that we are both known among our friends for being shoe lovers. Nothing was "wrong" with the interview, it just didn't feel "right".

Good luck! I hope this is the year the stars align for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter