Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Care to do it here as well? My wife was asking, and frankly, I couldn't answer.

The Darksaber is an ancient Mandalorian weapon. It was created by the only Mandalorian to become a Jedi. After his death it became a museum piece for the Jedi Order until the Mandalorians stole it back.

It eventually became a symbol of power for the Mandalorian people. The individual who holds the Darksaber is said to be the rightful ruler of Mandalor.

I’m a little bummed that we won’t get Season 2 until the Fall of 2020. Hopefully Disney orders Seasons 3-7 now so we won’t have to wait so long between seasons.

On the plus side, at least Clone Wars is coming in February.

Care to do it here as well? My wife was asking, and frankly, I couldn't answer.
The Darksaber is an ancient Mandalorian weapon. It was created by the only Mandalorian to become a Jedi. After his death it became a museum piece for the Jedi Order until the Mandalorians stole it back.

It eventually became a symbol of power for the Mandalorian people. The individual who holds the Darksaber is said to be the rightful ruler of Mandalor.

I’m a little bummed that we won’t get Season 2 until the Fall of 2020. Hopefully Disney orders Seasons 3-7 now so we won’t have to wait so long between seasons.

On the plus side, at least Clone Wars is coming in February.

And just to add how it related to end of season of Mandelorian

Moff Gideon was part of/leader of the Empire's purge of Mandelore and he presumably took it from Mandelore when wiping out their society so he now is and has the symbol of what the Manderlorian will want to go after - truly sets him up as ultimate end game for our hero

I haven't watched the final episode yet.....because I can't bear to think how long it'll take to see the next episode. Trying to delay gratification at least a few days more. On the plus side, I've pre-ordered the "talking plush" and the regular plush, plus the Funko Pop of The Child. I'll be giving the granddaughter the regular plush, I think.

Great (spoiler heavy) article about Mando ep. 8: https://www.theringer.com/mandalori...p-episode-8-redemption-review-season-1-finale

And this quote sums up my feelings perfectly about SW in general as well as the RoS/Mando juxtaposition:
Almost everyone who wasn’t old enough to see Star Wars unsupervised in the summer of 1977 can credit something or someone for introducing them to the galaxy far, far away. An affection for Star Wars is something we often inherit from family, like an accent, an attachment to a sports team, or recipe for a favorite holiday dish. The person who helped me take my first step into that larger world was my grandmother Edith, who dutifully took 10-year-old me to see the Special Editions in early 1997. I’m sure she would have preferred anything else in theaters at the time—well, maybe not Booty Call—but she went with me anyway. I didn’t grow up in an especially sci-fi-friendly household, and if not for her sacrifice during one of my stays at her house, I might not have discovered the franchise at that formative time and grown up to be bummed out by The Rise of Skywalker and delighted by The Mandalorian. You made me this way, grandma. Thanks, I think.

Okay so DH and I were late to the party with Mandalorian, but we binged it over the last few days and enjoyed it. But did it give any other 90s kids some serious Power Ranger flash backs? 😂 Particularly Chapter 6. I think it had to be the costuming and filming style.

As a SW fan from the original trilogy on through the KotoR games, and Thrawn novels, comics, Ewok adventures, I think they hit it out of the park with Mandalorian, and I really enjoyed Rise of Skywalker, so it's been a great year as a fan. Looking forward to the next Mandalorian season, as well as the other Disney+ Star Wars offerings.

Great (spoiler heavy) article about Mando ep. 8: https://www.theringer.com/mandalori...p-episode-8-redemption-review-season-1-finale

And this quote sums up my feelings perfectly about SW in general as well as the RoS/Mando juxtaposition:
Almost everyone who wasn’t old enough to see Star Wars unsupervised in the summer of 1977 can credit something or someone for introducing them to the galaxy far, far away. An affection for Star Wars is something we often inherit from family, like an accent, an attachment to a sports team, or recipe for a favorite holiday dish. The person who helped me take my first step into that larger world was my grandmother Edith, who dutifully took 10-year-old me to see the Special Editions in early 1997. I’m sure she would have preferred anything else in theaters at the time—well, maybe not Booty Call—but she went with me anyway. I didn’t grow up in an especially sci-fi-friendly household, and if not for her sacrifice during one of my stays at her house, I might not have discovered the franchise at that formative time and grown up to be bummed out by The Rise of Skywalker and delighted by The Mandalorian. You made me this way, grandma. Thanks, I think.

I get the idea about there being something that brought each of us to the SW universe but guess I don't get the comment about the juxtaposition of RoW to Mandelorian

Granted I really, really enjoyed both so maybe I am not "meant" to get it

As a SW fan from the original trilogy on through the KotoR games, and Thrawn novels, comics, Ewok adventures, I think they hit it out of the park with Mandalorian, and I really enjoyed Rise of Skywalker, so it's been a great year as a fan. Looking forward to the next Mandalorian season, as well as the other Disney+ Star Wars offerings.

Even moreso when you add in the opening of Galaxy's Edge

I get the idea about there being something that brought each of us to the SW universe but guess I don't get the comment about the juxtaposition of RoW to Mandelorian

Granted I really, really enjoyed both so maybe I am not "meant" to get it
I just meant that I’m in the same camp as the author - I was disappointed with TRoS but really enjoyed Mando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter