Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been reading about movies being removed From Disney+. So far these movies (Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Sandlot) are still available in Canada.

Could the movie options be different for different countries?

Well, it's certainly not new content, but I'm watching 1995's Frank and Ollie as I've never seen it before. I love it so far! Anyone else watched it recently?

2 weeks ago. SOLID.

I loved it. I also extra appreciated the way it was shot -- mid 90s, a slower pace, hanging on the frames longer, really listening and observing the content they are presenting... I enjoy newer documentary content like Imagineering Story, but I do get tired of all the rapid fire shots and camera changes and fast moving crap that goes on all the time now. No wonder we all have the attention span of a goldfish anymore. This was relaxing to me to watch and really appreciate their craft as well as who they really were in life.

If you haven't invested in a VPN yet do so. I have been using one for quite some time now. Just click it on and see what is available in different countries. Watched Home Alone 2 last night with the VPN on for Canada, with no problems.

Does anyone have suggestions for sluggish Disney + due to internet provider? Friends bought it for Christmas but it doesn't work well for them as it stops to buffer often.

I'm not sure if they've looked into increasing their internet speed or not. Aside from that, does anyone have suggestions to help with this?

Does anyone have suggestions for sluggish Disney + due to internet provider? Friends bought it for Christmas but it doesn't work well for them as it stops to buffer often.

I'm not sure if they've looked into increasing their internet speed or not. Aside from that, does anyone have suggestions to help with this?
One idea is to download whatever selection they want to watch. That works for my kids when we're travelling. I had that problem with Netfilx before we upgrade our internet.

About the only thing you can do is run a Ethernet cable directly from your modem to the tv. But who wants to do that? No one.
Your friends need to call their cable company and get a faster internet if they can afford it.

About the only thing you can do is run a Ethernet cable directly from your modem to the tv. But who wants to do that? No one.
Your friends need to call their cable company and get a faster internet if they can afford it.
I guess it depends. My modem is right beside my TV so I did this for years.

Not really true. If the problem actually *is* poor LAN performance rather than poor performance from the gateway outwards, then modern mesh routers will easily provide sufficiently reliable and performant wifi coverage. Running ethernet is not necessary, and I say this as someone who has backhauled all but two rooms in my house with Cat6 cable.

Just D+ or do they also suffer largely unusable Netflix etc as well? Internet speed might be a red-herring - obviously slow DSL is slow, but buffering doesn't necessarily mean the data-flow is not fast enough at max-throughput, just that the throughput is not sustained. Streaming services typically need 10Mbs or higher for SD, or 25Mbs or higher for 4K. Multiple devices streaming at the same time obviously pushes those numbers upwards. A 3mbps plan is not going to cut it but a 10mbps plan should provide a reasonably solid experience.

A *smart* streaming device will spot quickly if the time taken to fill the initial buffer was longer than the amount of material actually buffered, which means that during playback the buffer will be emptying faster than it can be refilled. In this case the device should attempt to buffer more material before starting playback. If the device is not that well programmed, or does not have enough onboard storage to generate a sufficient buffer then you'll get stuttering/pausing. In that case, options are upgrade the Internet plan, or buying a more beefy streaming device.

However, if the throughput rate tends to be uneven, at some periods much faster than the needed transfer rate, and at others much slower, the device will have a harder time compensating. In this case while 'faster' internet might appear to solve the problem, it isn't really.

Basically it comes down to: Is the problem on the local network (poor WiFi coverage/interference)? Is the problem the modem? Is the cable to the modem well secured, and not subsequent to a cheap-*** signal splitter driving other TVs? Is the internet provider providing a reliable throughput (I.E. the street furniture is not over-subscribed).

NEWS

Series creator exits and production shuts down on Lizzy McGuire reboot

https://tvline.com/2020/01/09/lizzi...es-disney-plus/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This is the series I was most Excited for expect for the Star Wars series and marvel series. Disney plus advertised it will come out in 2020 just might be a little later in 2020 than originally plan for them. Hillary Duff just got back from her honeymoon or it’s almost done so hopefully it will be getting ready to film soon as soon as they get a new show runner.

Last edited:
One day at Disney shorts. I wished they will do more normal people. Last four weeks three of the shows are on famous people. The one that came on today just seemed like a commercial for the tv show.

I’ve been making my way through the Pirates of the Caribbean and just got the 4th movie today - On Stranger Tides. It’s not on Disney +! The first three and the last one are but not that one. I went looking for it on Netflix and Amazon Prime - no luck there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!