• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn’t going to be any must see as soon as possible shows for me left in a week since Imagineering is over and Mandalorian will be dropping the last episode. I’ll keep the service because my kid loves it, but Disney night be looking at a big drop in subscribers.

Togo is amazing as I thought. Only watched 15 minutes have to get to work. This movie is better than lots of movies that came out in the movie theatre this year.

There isn’t going to be any must see as soon as possible shows for me left in a week since Imagineering is over and Mandalorian will be dropping the last episode. I’ll keep the service because my kid loves it, but Disney night be looking at a big drop in subscribers.

Highly doubt it. Sure there will be people coming and going all the time but Disney plus will be getting more subscribers not getting less subscribers.

My brother wants me to ask this question! 😃

"will there be a show about building the resorts, along the lines of the current Imagineering show?"

I actually agree, that would be interesting. Perhaps not as long of a series, but maybe one or two shows about all of the Disney resorts around the world.

It's why they offered the 3 year deal...to keep you on as they spend time building it up...

If you need something to watch, the 1947 Miracle on 34th Street was a great holiday watch for me this week...and it seemed like they cleaned it up b/c it was so crisp...

I'm hoping that as time goes on they put more harder to find content on the app. Also I would love to see more original content but it is just a matter of time. Looking forward to the The Falcon and Winter Soldier as well as Loki and What If, that are getting me the most excited.

My brother wants me to ask this question! 😃

"will there be a show about building the resorts, along the lines of the current Imagineering show?"

I actually agree, that would be interesting. Perhaps not as long of a series, but maybe one or two shows about all of the Disney resorts around the world.

They have the new show coming where they focus on one attraction each episode and about the development of it, etc - it's hosted by the Rock

Geez.

I finally have the chance to start watching Imagineering.

I'm on the second episode. I'm so moved and wanting to open the window and scream outside to everyone " HOW ARE YOU NOT WATCHING THIS??? " :rotfl:

I cried, actually cried when the Epcot segment started and the music played...

My daughter, a 12 year old budding artist, wants to see a show dedicated to those who do the art, the animation, etc. for the Parks. "One Day at Disney" came close and brought us to the TV, but it wasn't what we were hoping for. While that just touched on individuals across the spectrum of Disney/ABC, we had sort of hoped it would follow the daily lives of artists. How did they get there? What did they major in? Did they always want to work for Disney? What sort of portfolio did they have already to get the job? Who draws the wonderful posters in the Parks? How many types of Art jobs exist at WDW/Disney? Do they have advice at what she might need to start learning now?

I was never this enthusiastic about anything at age 12. Yet she seems driven.

It really does become apparent how much of the original vision of Epcot has been lost. The "edutainment" aspect is dwindling to nothing.

Yep. I wasn’t alive during the heydey, but even so, Epcot has gone from being a well liked park I spent all day in to one I visit only for the flowers, Broadway performances, and Christmas stuff. It’s boring and definitely not focused on edutainment. None of the new stuff going in is educating, though the Moana water thing is at least a “natural” -ish thing.

It really does become apparent how much of the original vision of Epcot has been lost. The "edutainment" aspect is dwindling to nothing.
When my daughter was much younger, Epcot was her all time favorite location. I remember in her pip squeak 4 year old voice saying she liked Epcot because she learned stuff. Now at 12 she likes MK better, but we still ride Spaceship Earth and the Land boat ride. She used to adore the Color show or Color Lab that was presented by Glidden (I think). Now that's long gone...

EPCOT is my absolute favorite park - always has been, since I was a kid coming in the early 80s .... of all the options I picked out a Figment plush as my souvenir

But I think EPCOT needed to evolve - it couldn't be just about informing you about things in fun ways as you ca get that info and more from the phone in your pocket. I think it needs to push more to encouraging exploration and discovery - that you can't fully appreciate things only by looking at your phone: you need to really visit the places, talk to the people, smell the flowers, hear the music, etc.

I always view World Showcase as the expanded version of It's a Small World (showing how we are more the same than different and it is these differences that make things interesting and fun and are better for society as a whole) and Future World is an expansion of Carousel of Progress (that technology will lead to a better tomorrow for everyone and how it allows us to explore more and reach out more and connect more with others).

I think there new plans can still enable the above - but will come down to the execution

[/end EPCOT Soap Box]

Epcot is a big reason why we are taking a break from WDW until 2022. It was always my favorite park and I am so ready for the new version. I find myself being so bored there after a few hours. I know it's controversial, but I think it is going to be better than ever before.

I think they will manage to keep the nostalgia while giving us and exciting new adventure!

We just got into Florida Thursday night and was at HS all day Friday, got back to our house late Friday night, laid down in bed all pumped to watch the new Imagineering just to find out there aren't any new episodes, I was almost mad. I'm not even thinking of canceling but come on, only 6 episodes. Anyone know when imagineering is set to start again?

We just got into Florida Thursday night and was at HS all day Friday, got back to our house late Friday night, laid down in bed all pumped to watch the new Imagineering just to find out there aren't any new episodes, I was almost mad. I'm not even thinking of canceling but come on, only 6 episodes. Anyone know when imagineering is set to start again?

They went through all the years so sadly it had to end. A couple things you might like in the future is one about attractions. I think each episode is just one attraction. Not sure. Another is magic of animal kingdom. About vets, biologists, animal care experts at Disney’s animal kingdom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter