Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not available on my PS3!

u3sah8cfv3v21.jpg

Well back to the drawing board on finding out how to play this. My TV is not smart, nor do I have any other streaming hardware...hmm...I could plug my laptop into the TV I 'spose....

I'm in the same boat, although haven't tried to sign up yet, and would love to know the answer. Figured I'd get a follow-up email today from disney with instructions since I prepaid 3 years, but of course they haven't done that.
So, five hour wait later, and after an hour chat - the verdict: wait 24 hours. :headache: That's about it. So, use the same email address/password you used to enroll in the 3-yr membership and supposedly you're in. They had to look up my info and were able to confirm the purchase, but said it would take 24 hours to update. (?!?!) We purchased these things back in September. That's plenty of 24 hours to update, no? Anyway, the rep I chatted with was very sympathetic and helpful (and undoubtedly slammed). He provided me with a confirmation number of our chat on request. Upon asking if I get the same issue tomorrow, he said to contact customer service again. I'll send an email with the reference number of the chat instead. I'm not waiting another 6 hours. What a debacle. Maybe they should have rolled it out by time zone or something. Definitely should have given us the opportunity to pre-enroll and get that taken care of before today.

u3sah8cfv3v21.jpg

Well back to the drawing board on finding out how to play this. My TV is not smart, nor do I have any other streaming hardware...hmm...I could plug my laptop into the TV I 'spose....
A roku stick? Pretty inexpensive and saves you the hassle of something like plugging your laptop in.

So, I hate it when people do this, but I’m doing it: I haven’t had time to read the whole thread, even from just today. Sorry, but it’s been THAT kind of day. Anyhow, is anyone having problems with their password? We were able to download to our one MiiBox this morning but had to reset our password. Now, we can’t log in to any other device, despite changing the password once again.
There’s a great many glitches today, including password and other login troubles, so I’m sure you’re not alone. I’d keep trying periodically for the next 24 hours and if it still isn’t working maybe try customer service then.

There’s a great many glitches today, including password and other login troubles, so I’m sure you’re not alone. I’d keep trying periodically for the next 24 hours and if it still isn’t working maybe try customer service then.

Thanks - I saw a lot of reports about not being able to see home screen and content but not so much about passwords, so I wasn’t sure if I was “unique” in that problem. I’m sure it’ll get sorted out soon.

Reactions: EmJ
So, five hour wait later, and after an hour chat - the verdict: wait 24 hours. :headache: That's about it. So, use the same email address/password you used to enroll in the 3-yr membership and supposedly you're in. They had to look up my info and were able to confirm the purchase, but said it would take 24 hours to update. (?!?!) We purchased these things back in September. That's plenty of 24 hours to update, no? Anyway, the rep I chatted with was very sympathetic and helpful (and undoubtedly slammed). He provided me with a confirmation number of our chat on request. Upon asking if I get the same issue tomorrow, he said to contact customer service again. I'll send an email with the reference number of the chat instead. I'm not waiting another 6 hours. What a debacle. Maybe they should have rolled it out by time zone or something. Definitely should have given us the opportunity to pre-enroll and get that taken care of before today.
Why not just try to log in, and then do the "Forgot Password" option?

Apologies if this was addressed already, but couldn't find the topic. Did anyone take advantage of the D23 offer to prepay for 3 years at a reduced rate? How did you first log into the Disney+ app today? I'm a little confused. It didn't seem to recognize the email address I used to get the D23 offer and now it seems like it wants me to sign up like I'm a new user. How does it know I already prepaid? It doesn't appear to give me an option for this. I also can't seem to find any confirmation email when I purchased the 3-year plan. I just have the confirmation from my Pay Pal account. Help! Been on hold waiting for Disney Help Desk for 3 hours! I don't think they were ready for Prime Time!

Same problem as you. :-(

I'm in the same boat, although haven't tried to sign up yet, and would love to know the answer. Figured I'd get a follow-up email today from disney with instructions since I prepaid 3 years, but of course they haven't done that.

So sad to be in the same boat.

Why not just try to log in, and then do the "Forgot Password" option?

I tried this and it led to the same error. Wish it had worked!

u3sah8cfv3v21.jpg

Roku and Amazon have some pretty cheap offerings.

Also, if you’re thinking about a PS4, the Black Friday sale is going to be $200 the system and 3 games. Just keep in mind that the PS5 will be released late next year.

I started with Steamboat Willie like others after discovering the first cartoon made with Mickey (Plane Crazy) is not here. That’s a bit of an oversight I think! Ready for The Mandaorian now...and it’s not there! :( The show page is there but the first tab is Suggested, the Episode tab, with, you know, the actual episode is gone. It was there a few hours ago. Cue the nooooooo...

I’m glad so many old shorts are here, but we need more. All of them, to be exact. :) Along with all the Disneyland, Wonderful World of Disney, etc and the Mickey Mouse Club show.

Same problem as you. :-(

So sad to be in the same boat.

I tried this and it led to the same error. Wish it had worked!
Did you use the same email and password you use for your other Disney accounts? There was an issue last week where I had to call and get my password reset. The password recovery wouldn’t work for me and I had to call IT.

Had no problems downloading or watching the shows on our iPads, but we are having trouble on the TV’s.

I just signed up for the bundle with Hulu. It will merge it with my old Hulu account and not charge for both, right?

After a 3 hour hold this afternoon to fix an issue I've got it back and am watching with the family this evening. First we watched The Imagineering Story, which was awesome, and then I figured we'd watch something else original or some old favourite so I ask the wife and daughter what they want to watch next (hoped for Mandalorian).....we are now on Episode 40 of Muppet Moments. 🤣

I prepaid for 2 years back in September and then verizon announced the free year that we were eligible for. I registered for that today and both show in my account on disney+. But it still says expires 2021 and I'm thinking it should say 2022 because the free year was supposed to put my 2 year on hold. Anybody else wondering about this?

So I was able to get this onto my daughter's kindle fire kid's edition, but there's something wrong with the app such that even at the loudest volume setting you can barely hear anything. Anyone else encountering this?

I just signed up for the bundle with Hulu. It will merge it with my old Hulu account and not charge for both, right?
You will get charged $7 for the bundle, and then Hulu will charge you the same as before. It does it automatically assuming you used the same email for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter