Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PRICES for Disney on Broadway Dining Packages at the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts

View attachment 628703

You’ll be able to choose from four different EPCOT restaurants with Disney on Broadway Dining Packages for lunch and dinner. Each package includes the following:

• An appetizer, entrée and dessert or one (1) full buffet (where applicable), along with a non-alcoholic beverage
  • One (1) guaranteed seat per person for the DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series held on the same day

Has anyone seen any availability for these yet?

Two Monorail Lines Are Currently Down in Disney World

The express and resort lines at the Magic Kingdom have been down for a good portion of the day. The EPCOT line is still in operation.

Quoting the above with additional information:

Malfunctioning Monorail Track Switch Causes Hours of Downtime at Magic Kingdom

The track switch is used to access the backstage warehouse where the monorails are stored. It’s also used to move monorails between the Express and Resort beams. During normal operations, the track switch is used to create a continuous loop for the Express beam. In its current position, not only does it affect the Express beam, but also the Resort beam, preventing passage for both monorail lines.

Ring In the New Year at Disney’s Contemporary Resort

Disney’s Contemporary hotel will host a special event called A Golden New Year’s Eve in Wine Country up at California Grill! The Napa Room of the restaurant will be transformed into an eclectic speakeasy and will feature a slight-of-hand magician performing while you sip on wine and custom crafted cocktails.

Over in the Sonoma Room, you can see Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Baby New Year Donald! There will also be a DJ and a roaming violinist playing at the event. Between the 2 rooms, you’ll find 50th Anniversary food stations which will have food that honors the legacy of California Grill chefs. Take a trip down memory lane as you dine on some favorite offerings from the last 50 years. Here’s a look at some of the menu highlights:

• Chilled Appetizer Station
  • Chilled Seafood Bar
  • Caviar Station with Potato Blinis
  • Smoked Beef Tartare
  • Chilled Golden and Candycane Beet Salad
  • Wood Burning Station
  • Perigord Black Winter Pizza
  • Duck Char Sui Bao
  • Sushi Station
  • An array of maki, sashimi, nigiri and a collection of original sushi creations
  • Hot Seafood Station
  • Lobster Ravioli
  • Plancha Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops
  • Seared Ahi Tuna
  • From the Grill and Rotisserie
  • Grilled Porcelet
  • Oak Fire-grilled Beef Tenderloin with Truffle Sauce
  • Rohan Duck Breast 2 Ways
  • Sweet Treats from our Disney’s Contemporary Resort Pastry Chefs
  • 5 Magical Bites – 50 Years in the Making
  • Banana Butterscotch Buzz
  • Valrhona Molten Lava Cake
  • Florida Citrus Cream Puffs

The event takes place on December 31st, 2021. Check-in starts at 7PM and the event goes from 7:30PM to 12:30AM. To make a reservation, you can call (407) 824-2013. The cost of the event is $700, including tax and gratuity, with full payment due at the time of booking. Cancellations must be received at least one day prior to event to avoid being charged full price.

I’m at Epcot today, and am in Boarding Group 61 for Remy. The original projected callback time was 1 pm. It is now projected for 5 pm and the attraction is closed. 😕

The Rat problems might not be related to the AWS outage. We got stuck on it yesterday afternoon and it didn’t open back up for a couple of hours, so it’s been having issues of its own.

69CAEDE1-79D1-40C0-96F5-1625C88B3EB5.jpeg

What a nightmare for people who are there!

Yep. I got two G+ LLs this morning before it went down. By the time it came back, I was eating at Coral Reef with no cell signal. After that, anything I could have used was gone. At least I got Slinky this morning before it went down, so G+ wasn’t for nothing.

ETA: That and nowhere could process Disney gift cards during the outage so I had to use alternative payment methods. You never know what is going to happen!

Last edited:
I don’t know why anyone wants to be coming in for one night only unless you are coming in for a cruise or something. Too each their own
Lots of different reasons. I may add a night before my family's trip (1 bdrm villa) so I can get the runDisney race in before they come down.
Edit to add- I don't want to pay for 1 night in a 1 bdrm that's only for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter